Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SexyGurl

Why Coai Should Be Banned ?

COAI demands DoT action against Tata Tele's 'non-stop mobile' plan

New Delhi: GSM industry body COAI has approached the Government against Tata Teleservices' pre-paid tariff plan that allows users to receive incoming calls for two years even after exhausting the talktime, saying it will lead to inflated subscriber figures being reported by the CDMA operator.

In an October 18 letter to Department of Telecom (DoT) Secretary J S Sarma, Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) Director General T V Ramachandran said Tata Teleservices' ''non-stop mobile'' plan allows non-revenue generating users to be included in subscriber base reported by the company.

As per the scheme, although the subscriber will not be able to make outgoing calls after exhausting talktime, he will be able to receive incoming calls for two years.

Urging intervention in the matter, Mr Ramachandran said this new scheme offered by TTSL will result in a gross inflation of the subscriber base and violate the DoT guidelines for calculation of subscriber figures vide its letter dated August 29, 2005 and September 7, 2005.

Further, he said spectrum is allocated on the basis of subscriber figures.

''Reporting of incorrect and inflated subscriber figures will result in serious problems in the critical area of monitoring of efficient spectrum utilisation,'' he added.

Moreover, even if the government is able to allot more spectrum for such ''theoretical subscribers'', it would not get any additional spectrum usage charge for this since these ''subscribers'' would be generating zero revenue, he said.

:P

And given his majesty Dayanidhi Maran at helm .... you can't be sure, that the govt. will also smile at this. Mr. Maran has proved himself quite capable of considering these things seriously (... especially, if he gets a brief case).

well nobody raised any objections when our very own reliance had "unpaying customers"

these people cant c suscribers migrating to diffrent operators. the only reason that they did not object with reliance unpaying suscribers because they were a drain on one of the most sucessful telecom companies in the country!

and the non paying customers could do comething good to the company "like increasing the customers base virtually" so they cant digest it !

die GSM die

i always hate COAI...and TV Ramachandran...he is so much cruel foolish and ...i dont hv wordws to say abt him......

Nothing new in this objection. we all know that this will happened.

But one thing, Why GSM operator not try to complain about this to TRAI or TDSAT. This is a new way to Lobying in the field of Mobile.

WOW!!!!! What next!

Wait and Watch!

Thanks and Take Care!

COAI s**ks... I still say ... go for it tata... blast the customer base! and well who really cares!

Cheers

Ashok

errr... coai

44524[/snapback]

And why do you agree with coai, sir?

Why don't GSM operators also offer free incoming bundled with handsets ... no one's stopping them?

I sure want to buy a TATA set .... and I don't ask you to stop paying MONTHLY RENTALS to GSM operators, if you want to. But why restrict my options?

I have same views against COAI, because it opposed (and in collusion with Dayanidhi Maran) led to the end of UNLIMITED STD from Reliance. (hurting a lot of people).

If you hear some of the not so well publicised views of coai -- it opposes LIVE videos on R-world .... saying DoT should restrict launch of any 3G service till all operators are equipped to launch it .. ensuring "fair" competition.

This is just rediculous............................... GSM doesnt offer such shemces and Operator who offers tehy oppose thts gr8 funda by COAI............................... who know s like unlimited STD on reliance stopped thanks to BSNL. this may also get stopped B`coz of COAI

I think the FREE intra-network calling facility will not go as even BSNL is offering the same for RS.799/- Check this ad from BSNL (Calcutta Telephones) which is offering the same.

I think the FREE intra-network calling facility will not go as even BSNL is offering the same for RS.799/- Check this ad from BSNL (Calcutta Telephones) which is offering the same.

44585[/snapback]

Dude, that scheme went off from RIP, coz RIP wasn't considered a landline by TDSAT etc... thats the issue. If its considered a Landline, it'll surely come back.

Its not really the COAI who must be blamed for this mess. If you read properly, its the COAI exploiting the loopholes in our dear government's policies! So darn these bureaucrats and politicians! :D

This is a problem with the technology. The CDMA technology is much more flexible and cheap than GSM. So GSM operator cannot provide the same rate or services which provides by the CDMA operators. So COAI called Govt for HELP.

Thanks and Take Care!

COAI must have hired Ashok as their lawyer (hehehe its been so long since we've sparred)!!

Since when has COAI been given the task on ensuring that Tata and everyone else give out correct subscriber base figures???

And is there an award for that that COAI members are trying to stop Tata from acheiving??? Of course not. Its the customers (who buy recharges of Rs. 50 & Rs. 10 etc etc who will run away to Tata) that they are really pis---sing in the their pants about.

Ironic, really... now Airtel's come up with the same offer... Join 'em if you can't lick 'em, eh?

BTW the plan is that you get a Nokia 1100 + Rs.50 talktime + incoming free for two years for Rs 3636.

Existing customers can get the two-year-free-incoming thingie on a recharge of Rs.1595.

Really, the players must stop screaming 'Mommie' for every percieved threatening plan a competitor puts on the anvil, sheesh! Especially when they have to do the same thing, after the hullabaloo has died down - every time.