Rang De Basanti.........

How do u rate this movie ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rang De Basanti was...

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Boring

Just came back by watching RANG DE BASANTI movie........

Still wondering how come rimwebians has not started a topic to discuss about this movie..

Well its a really great great movie.. After a long back in Bollywood some good movie has been released...

i have got lots of inspirations by this movie......and really feel to do something for country........

Your comments are welcome....... :)

Mods please modify the poll ..........

Excellent one !!!

Here are some interesting tidbits about Rang De Basanti .

Aamir Khan plays a character named DJ in the film. Well, DJ is the short one for Daljeet Singh. Aamir plays a guy with Punjabi family background. Even in his dialogues in the movie, Aamir has tried to bring the touch of Punjabi dialect.

Also, the very first scene of the movie was shot at Amritsar’s Golden Temple. Shooting at the holy shrine was no small feat as ‘Rang De Basanti’ team was the first film crew to be allowed to shoot inside the Gurudwara complex in the last 15 years.

Initially, Rakeysh Mehra had planned to make the movie in Hindi and English. The English version was to be titled ‘Paint It Yellow’. But later on, plan to make the English version was scrapped.

Another less known fact about the movie is that its story is partly inspired from the story of real life pilot, flying officer Abhijit Gadgil who was killed in a MIG crash two years back. In the film, the character is played by south Indian actor Madhavan . He plays Flt. Lt. Ajay Rathod, who dies in a MIG crash in the movie.

The movie is also the first feature film of Alice Patten , a British theatre actress who is the daughter of Chris Patten, the last governor of Hong Kong before it was ceded to the Chinese.

nice trivia mate !!! useful, considering I am gonna be watching the movie in about a few hours from now!!

and I sure can surprise my theatre partner about the contents of the movie ;)

Cheers

Ashok

I watched the movie last week, its really good with some aewsome perfomance by all characters and above all i liked they way of story telling. Definately, A movie with a difference!!

CHeers!!

...... im speachless! no words can be good enough to describe this movie :) such kind of movie from bollywood was un expected ;);)<_<

Watched the first day first show at the IMAX....wonderful and inspiring movie....Must watch for us all...

I have not yet seen the movie but what i can say from many reviews is that the climax is not good and pulls the whole movie down. The ending part could have been better.

I had watched this movie first day first show, saw that Experience with Cops thread here.. and hinted all to watch the movie first. I dont find anything missing in this movie as compared to other movies i've seen. As somebody said, the narration is so unique. Otherwise, a movie on Netaji S. Bose had come n gone, and nobody even bothered!! The way they relate history with the present, is so unique.

As far as the climax is concerned, they dont enforce a way of handling things on the viewer. They keep both sides of the coin open for us. "Stay in the system, and ignore things or get into the system to clean it". They also highlight and point to how the youth of today think. These r some reasons why this movie is so appealing and we can all relate to it so well. Awesome Music! I revived my long lost thirst for MP3 downloads after watching the movie!! ;)

All performances were jus wonderful and some (Soha Ali Khan) were surprisingly good, too! Cheers to RDB!

I have not yet seen the movie but what i can say from many reviews is that the climax is not good and pulls the whole movie down. The ending part could have been better.

acc to me the climax is perfect even if one of them would be saved from being killed it would have been a totally bollywood kinda movie!! they tried a real approach to kill eveyone in the movie's end ! if amir would have been saved for SU then it would be kinda love story ;)

I watched this movie a day before its release ie 25th of Jn at a special show at INOX Goa

It was a wonderful movie. Such movies come after a long time dont they!

Edited by tanveer

Amazing cast, performance, tracks ... and hey Su sure was Cute ;) if that is the right word :blink:

"Teri Maa Ki Aankh" - The laughter riot started there .. and ended with "Ek taang past mein hai, aur ek future mein... isi liye toh hum aaj pe mooth rahe hain".

Had the best laugh when "hai hai ... inne soni kudi, inna gulabi gulabi gaal, inna naam su kisne rakh diya yaar, inne naam tu gulabo hona penda".

I had gone with my gal of the last three years ... and we visit cinemas often, but till date I never got emotional during a movie ... but this one was touching enuf!!!

Kudos to Soha Ali Khan, Aamir, Su .. and hey the rest of the gang (Sharman Joshi was AMAZING ) ... I mean there was not a single point of the movie which can be critizied .. yeah except the fact that a z+ security person like the defence minister goes for a morning walk without commandos / bullet proof vests!!

Cheers

Ashok

ashok you forgot two most imp dialouges

"SUkar mere mann ko.. kiya tune kya ......."

"oye yeh toh hindi janndi hai ...... yaar" :blink:;)

Edited by abhay

The best song was Roobaroo...chilling

does any one have the songs at a good quality....didnt enjoy them with 128kbps...

The best movie after the release of Dil Chahta hai...

I have it at 256 want it on rapidshare?

Its 8.45 MB

Hey guys...

Its really good to know how and what u felt abt this movie..

haven't u guys got any inspirations......????? :quest:

Tanveer:- Please do that if ur isp speed can support...would be a great help...

Further, where did u get it from?...any download site pls? (Pls pm the site's name if possible)

Thanx dude

d/l the whole album from the torrents site desitorrents.com.

I can upload it and give you the link please wait for a while.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12561548/10_-_R...obaroo.mp3.html

Edited by tanveer

After watching the movie ... was really inspired, wanted to really enjoy the tracks ... the impulsive Jack A** that I am .. I just walked into my hardware dealers shop, picked up a Creative SBS 5.1 ... just for the tracks!! paatshaala was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

will go to watch it once again in the theatres .. and will also get the original DVD the day it is released!!!

some more dialoges :quest: after Su ....... kar mere man ko.

"Arrey mujhe toh lagta hai ki isne bhi meri jaan bachai" ... "arre yeh toh teri beebi hai!!!"

"Maut ki ungli"

"Bhen..di"

"I have seen many people facing death, some scream to their death, some smile..... then there is the third kind"

"mein ne sab bata diya ... aur woh puch rahi thi ... tum ne use kya kaha tha ... haan "maa ki aankh", mein ne sab bata diya ... detail mein"!!

Cheers

Ashok

Man...posting in the wrong topic (but already requested in the right topic to no avail)....can ya pls forward me an invite for desitorrents on tranquill1800@mail.com

check the song link on the previous post.

DT is down these days so is DC, once it is up nI will send u an invit!

Roobaroo:-

aye saala

abhi abhi huaa yaqeen ki aag hai mujh mein kahi

hui subaah main chal gaya

suraj ko main nigal gaya

ruu-ba-ruu roshni heyy

jo gumshuda-sa khwaab tha

voh mil gaya voh khil gaya

uulon hathaa pighal gaya

kichhaa kichhaa machal gaya

sitaar mein badal gaya

ruu-ba-ruu roshni heyy

(dhuaan chhataa khula gagan mera

nayi dagar naya safar mera

jo ban sake tu hamsafar mera

nazar mila zara)

aandhiyon se jaghad rahi hai lau meri

ab mashaalon si bhad rahi hai lau meri

naamo nishaan rahe na rahe

ye kaaravaan rahe na rahe

ujaale mein pee gaya

roshan huaa jee gaya

kyon sehte rahe

ruu-ba-ruu roshni heyy

dhuaan chhataa khula gagan mera

nayi dagar naya safar mera

jo ban sake tu hamsafar mera

nazar mila zara

ruu-ba-ruu roshni heyy

aye saala

Well what kind of language he has used...... It is definately n ot punjabi, neither it is haryanvi. Some people use this kind of language in parts of UP (ghaziabad and kanpur)

Amir Khan`s overacting becomes too much after sometime.

It is OK kind of a movie and not as what some people r putting it.

Well, everyonez got thier own opinions so cant say much on that. Its just that i would rate it as an average movie and not more than that when i know that this movie would be a very big hit and that is cozz they have shown trendy life as young guys and girls have in metros these days.

It would have been better if i would have have seen SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH again cozz thats what it is all bout. How can anyone kill his Defence Minister so easily and then also when this person waz live on the radio he dint gave enough explanations on the radio to make anyone believe that YA ! A PERSON CAN STOOP DOWN TO SUCH A LOW LEVEL THAT HE CAN KILL SOMEONE.............

Sorry guys for going against ur views.............. but thats how i liked it !

THE SONGS WERE GOOD, REALLY ENJOYED THEM.

Its all about believing....Its like u were living the way life came till date and suddenly u realised that u need to make things happen rather than the world puts it up for u....Its bout finding a purpose to live and believing in the cause....

""Its like leading your own shadow rather than following it!!""

Changa hai yaar

Truly Inspired !!

Edited by theking

Desi Torrents is down man.....I have 2 songs of RDB. But of only 21kbps...LOL!

But still, they seem to be quite clear. They are in real One format.

Desi Torrents is down man.....I have 2 songs of RDB, Paatshala and Title song. But of only 21kbps...LOL!

But still, they seem to be quite clear. They are in real One format.