Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

Arun, Is Edit and Deletion of posts disabled? Can't see one in my post. See the attached pic.

post-23372-126572294896_thumb.jpg

^^^

It is working perfectly for me .

@srk006: Yes, it was temporarily removed for the "RIM Addict" member group. I will enable it back soon.

^^^ ok. Thanks

Arun we have lots of thanks post occupying valuable space. Instead can we have a thanks button;Sometimes I avoid thanking a rimwebian so as not to add to the growing thanks list.

We can use the +/- button if we like the post. A separate Thank You button may seem redundant.

Yes, it was temporarily removed for the "RIM Addict" member group. I will enable it back soon.

Oh... I too can-not edit my post nowadays... So that is the reason...

Arun Ji, any specific reason for this change in "Rim Addict" group?? Or just a change in default setting??? Please clarify...

Well the thanks post is usually different from +/-. In that option you can see names of the people under the post itself. This eliminates the need to specify "+1 for you ..." in a separate post.

+/- can be used for repping at most.

:previous:

I have seen in some other forum..like when u click thanks button.

at the end of the post it comes like :

Following members said thanks for the post

"Members name"

something like this can we add ???

Yes, it was temporarily removed for the "RIM Addict" member group. I will enable it back soon.

Oh... I too can-not edit my post nowadays... So that is the reason...

Arun Ji, any specific reason for this change in "Rim Addict" group?? Or just a change in default setting??? Please clarify...

Yes, there was a reason. "Someone" was trying to abuse the privilege (to edit/delete own posts) by deleting his own posts as if it was the end of world for him when "someone" else posted "something" about him in a topic. So I disabled the privilege until he came back to his senses and fortunately he was the next day itself with an apology. The posts were then restored from the Junkyard.

The privilege to edit (up to 48 hours) and delete posts is already enabled by now.

Arun we have lots of thanks post occupying valuable space. Instead can we have a thanks button;Sometimes I avoid thanking a rimwebian so as not to add to the growing thanks list.

Well the thanks post is usually different from +/-. In that option you can see names of the people under the post itself. This eliminates the need to specify "+1 for you ..." in a separate post.

+/- can be used for repping at most.

I have seen in some other forum..like when u click thanks button.

at the end of the post it comes like :

Following members said thanks for the post

"Members name"

something like this can we add ???

A "thank you" button feature will help to cut down the number of "thank you" only posts. There is a paid modification available for IP.Board and I will install it soon after getting it.

@Arun

requesting you to add MAHA GURU for post count 2000

^^^

I think RIM MAHARAJ will be much better. :)

guru then maha guru then maharaj then what ? just asking ...

^^^

Then RETIREMENT. :P

Just joking yaar. :)

how about OLD MAN ! :P

thanks arun gor activating Rate Topic: in every topic !

Skins? Yes, from the drop down selector. There will be loads of skins available to select from once they are are released with the final version as most are in beta now.

Themes? Yes, with the upcoming IP.Board version 3.1!

Yes skins.. change color of present skin... thanks...

• Like 1

^^^

Yes! IP Board skins / themes can be installed and used on current version.

But they are not official skins, 3rd party skins are available some are free some are paid.

it will be good to see rimweb in different colors !

@Arun

Is there any problem with IP board search option on our forum?

google search for rimweb is working fine for me, but IP Board search option is not working as it should be.

It is working fine when I checked now.

^^^

search for "mobile-files.us" in ip board search and do same in google, check the results !!!

i have uploaded one video please check it out

http://www.ziddu.com/download/8817831/search.rar.html

I searched for "mobile-files.us" and its listing this topic which shows its working, right?

If you are asking me why both doesn't show the same results then that's because IP.Board search queries the keyword against the database using mySQL full text search feature, while Google Search searches Google's cache using its own proprietary method and so the results vary. If both showed the same results then there wouldn't have been a need for both.

mySQL full text search supports boolean search, so you should be using "mobile-files.us" (yes, with quotes since it is multiple words). I am able to see the topic that you referred in the first page itself in chronological order. Google Search has listed it on top based on its relevancy which is a Google Search feature.