Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Quality Of Customer Care

^^^

Probably if MDA still had control of RCOM, maybe it would have been far worse. This is primarily because of the CC churn in the industry. If someone offers a couple of hundreds or so more, they migrate there. This is nothing that MDA or ADA can control.

Other operators CC are even worse than RCOM. Try them out and you will know. This does not mean in any way that RCOM CC is better. I only want to draw the attention of all to others' CC. Some CC are very good, some are excellent and most of them are only nincompoops. This situation is present everywhere.

I was actually talkig about the experience with Reliance as a whole... not just the CC. It was my experience that CC declined after ADA took over... and a lot of other things too ...even the responses from the "Chairman's Office". And thats why I bid them adieu.

Any Customer Care Executive are Good in Talking and Worst in Know how they only have Excel Sheet for FAQ and Answer According to that that it.

Even a Poor Nursery Teacher could have Better IQ.

All CC Including All Mobile Operator is same.

But the Know How of Airtel Postpaid Delhi CC is too high.

I used to use Airtel Postpaid 3 4 years back, They provided me excellent services over Phone CC.

I never had to go out of my home to there Showrooms to get any work done. They did all my work.

Any Customer Care Executive are Good in Talking and Worst in Know how they only have Excel Sheet for FAQ and Answer According to that that it.

Even a Poor Nursery Teacher could have Better IQ.

All CC Including All Mobile Operator is same.

It is true that most of the CC executives are certified morons... but I noticed a further decline after ADA took over.

While CC of most telcos are almost useless, its the "higher" channels that make the difference. In MDAs time the Chairman's Office was where I placed all my problems. And their response was very good! Often they used to reply and/or call back the same day! Once they sent their engineers the very next day to my place, just to check the netork (there was some problem with their network in my area that time). I even recieved 2 calls for next two days asking me if the problem was solved and whether I was satisfied. After ADA took over, I started getting just typical CC type super lame replies... and zero action.

Compared to that, I have recieved similar response from Idea's Appellete authority... and to a lesser extent from their Nodal officer. Few months back, they even sent a BIG flower bouquet to my residence with a card!! Their CC however, leaves a lot to be desired... with the added problem that their lines are busy 95% of the times.

As for Airtel, its the worst. The CC is the ONLY place that you can access. So while it connects without repeated attempts, its pretty much useless. I dont think Airtel even has a Nodal officer... leave alone an Appellete Authority in place.

At least thats how it is in Poona (Mah & Goa).

@Raccoon, I would like to differ with your views.

If you look around, get some work done by some carpenters, plumbers, electricians, drivers etc, you will notice that the new generation's work is shoddy. This is because they have no experience at all. This is indeed ironical because the new generation has the benefit of latest technology and are quite literate as well but when it comes to doing things, they fall apart.

And yet these (CC staff) have jobs in the biggest companies. They do not have any experience and being very young and ambitious, they do not deem it necessary to consult their superiors at all because of their big fat egos. I have noticed this many times when I ask the dumb CC to ask their supervisors and they try as far as possible to avoid seeking guidance. Maybe the supervisors are also equally nincompoops only....

As for the fast responses you got during MDA's time, no doubt it is true. I also had exceptional services from CC of RPG (now Aircel) and SkyCell (now Airtel). They used to call me back and sort out all my problems. I have never experienced such blissful CC services. Even Citibank CC was exceptionally good. All this only points to the fact that the numbers are against the CC of today. I sometimes long for such CC staff who used to sort out all problems over the phone. They used to be so very friendly. Nowadays if at all you crack a joke also, they do not respond at all.

Can you imagine this today? Why not? Because those days the number of subscribers was very less and today there are so many subscribers. Moreover, these CC people are highly stressed lot and hence buckle under immense pressure and then they start blabbering even if they have joined duty just a couple of hours back.

If only our Telcos could just maintain their websites with the latest info... and a step beyond that would be the addition of a functionality of letting customers change their plans, etc, most of us would hardly ever need to call the customer care. In turn they can hire fewer but better quality of CC executives. This could further reduce the cost of servicing the huge subscriber base that the telcos have.

Banks for eg. are doing it... esp. the pvt. ones. We are reaching a point where they dont want you in their branches at all.. if fact they are penalising customers for carrying out transactions at the branch by leving much higher service charges. And its good too... why should one waste his life having to go to a bank when the tech to carry out most transactions ...even opening Fixed Deposits, etc., is available thru the net or ATM?

We can only wonder when the telcos will understand... for eg. a RCom executive's favourite reply for any issue is the advice to visit the nearest Web World. Really pathetic state of affairs...

^^^

Yes I agree with you on this. But believe me, things were like this ten years back when the mobile services were introduced. All my problems were sorted out through my mobile itself. And they used to call me back if they were unable to solve it instantly. And this would happen maybe within just 4 to 6 hours only. Very rarely, a problem used to be get carried over/solved to the next day.

But yes, the websites should be updated on a realtime basis always. And with proper info, not baked / cooked up / stale / useless info like what is available on RCOM's website.

I'm not sure what you disagreed on in my last post however... I'd just described my personal experiences with the 3 telcos...

^^^

but I noticed a further decline after ADA took over.

UNQUOTE

I meant with respect to the above. Your experience with RCOM under MDA and under ADA and I meant that all over the industry (or maybe all industries) the quality of CC is declining. Hope it is clear now.

Yes, am not disputing that! What I ment that it declined further right after ADA took over!!

they do not deem it necessary to consult their superiors at all because of their big fat egos. I have noticed this many times when I ask the dumb CC to ask their supervisors and they try as far as possible to avoid seeking guidance.

Actually I have listened that CC guys never transfer the call to their supervisors, where as they simply transfer the call to their colleagues who act as the supervisor.

Is it right?

No, They tranfer the calls to TLs.

Actually I have listened that CC guys never transfer the call to their supervisors, where as they simply transfer the call to their colleagues who act as the supervisor.

Is it right?

^^^

@Asit

My dear friend, although the CC guys try not to transfer the call to their team leaders / supervisors, but if any customer still insist to talk to the supervisor then they have to transfer the call. And the call transfered is to the team leader / supervisor only and not the colleagues. As all calls are been recorded at their end, so if they try to misguide any customer then they will be sacked on the spot. In actual terms the call goes to FLOOR SUPERVISOR.

Regards.

Good that the call goes to the higher ups and not the colleagues. Even though the quality of their people is bad, at least the process is good. A good company should always be process oriented and not people oriented. 75% of the customer satisfaction comes from the efficiency of the process. The rest is people dependent. That is why the satisfaction level of general public of CCC is not all that bad.

75% of the customer satisfaction comes from the efficiency of the process. The rest is people dependent. That is why the satisfaction level of general public of CCC is not all that bad.

Right.

Not sure whether someone got a similar (fishing?) call or this is r8 place to enter this comment.

I rencently got call from bombay Reliance customer depat.. (not sure from where)

He was asking whether I am facing any prob with reliance :lol: , and what's my openion on reliance service :blink:

Fianlly He asked me y recenly my usage is droped (I am getting 1k pm) :Riendo::Riendo:

I told there is no change in my usage pattern, finnaly He asked my email-id.

I said I donot want to give the email Id and then he said Thanks, Call over.

Did somoone got simillar call?

^^^

My dear Rakesh, I get similar calls from Reliance Customer Care from time to time but they never ask me for my email address.

Regards.

^^^

My dear Rakesh, I get similar calls from Reliance Customer Care from time to time but they never ask me for my email address.

Regards.

Hi,

Same with me. They never asked email ID.

Vijay

Hi Guys ,

Not sure ,if this is the right place to place this query.My experience with

reliance customer support is the worst experience.From last one year i am

using a reliance handset and whenever you will call to customer care...

I found three major challenges with them

1] They are not well trained /or they are not aware of the offerers ,recharge options

and many more.

2] They do not know "How to talk to a customer " and Not worried about any type of

complaint against them :-)

3] They are not solution oriented rather ..

Please do not take this as a -ve feedback ,Rather for a succful company the customer

support plays the important role ..so I just want to know do reliance have any formal method

to complain against customer care guys and How effective it is :-)

Thanks

Suvendu

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

Hi Guys ,

Not sure ,if this is the right place to place this query.My experience with

reliance customer support is the worst experience.From last one year i am

using a reliance handset and whenever you will call to customer care...

I found three major challenges with them

1] They are not well trained /or they are not aware of the offerers ,recharge options

and many more.

2] They do not know "How to talk to a customer " and Not worried about any type of

complaint against them :-)

3] They are not solution oriented rather ..

Please do not take this as a -ve feedback ,Rather for a succful company the customer

support plays the important role ..so I just want to know do reliance have any formal method

to complain against customer care guys and How effective it is :-)

Thanks

Suvendu

Initially Reliance was recruiting only graduates .. but now a days they have started recruiting 12th std people also.

I know few people personaly who are not even SSC passed yet working in Reliance :P

Also some HR's who take 7-8 thousand and select candidates for CC :rofl_200:

Now u can think .. Why the quality is not good.

^^^

Hmmm.....

If this is the scene then we can't expect better services from CC of Reliance my dear friends.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friend, now a days Reliance Customer Care is improved magnificently.

Also the hold time on *333 is reduced to less then a minute, atleast for me.

But still I think Reliance must consider for providing the quality Customer Care services for its customers. As I assume that their is lack of training in CC persons.

Regards.

Hi, I am having a reliance mobile connection, and a tata connection. The coverage of the reliance mobile is really GR8, and the tata network coverage is pethetic, and dont ever never activate caller tunes on tata mobile, coz if your phone is not reachable then also it rings your caller tune. With reilance i faced some billing issues like they send me faulty bill, and when i talked on the customer care they didnt help me out, finally I searched for consumer court near to me on google, I found many consumer court websites,

like : ncdrc.nic.in/, core.nic.in and consumercourt.in they will guide me and i also tried the helpline no 01127662955, these helplines are managed by the Indian govt.

Finally my bill problem was solved and now its working very fine, but tata is not so good as my reliance connection.

Apart from lodging the complaint directly to Consumer Court,

One may contact Nodal Officers and Appeallate Authority Which are really very helpfull.

Am another satisfied subscriber of Rcom postpaid. Surprisingly i find that they resolve all my issues within 2 hours. :)

I have been with RCOM with 7 connections right from Feb.'03. All along I have faced numerous hurdles by way of network availability, handset problems, billing issues, plan changes, tariff problems, and what not. All my problems were sorted out amicably by RCOM's CMO to my entire satisfaction always. Once I got a full refund from LG for my defective 6230 after I had used the handset for a full six months. Many times, I have got discounts of free TT for 6 months for continuing with RCOM.

I had earlier been with RPG, Aircel, Skycell, Airtel and even BSNL. But all these with the exception of RPG had real lousy CC. To me RCOM's CC is the best compared to the current cellcos. Maybe Airtel might have improved now, but I will not agree.