Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vkat

Why Should I Stick To Reliance/cdma?

Friends yesterday I re-visited one of the web world in my city and I being told that no new CDMA Handset is going to come as R-GSM is coming and might be starting from 1st of Jan 2009. No other information is available right now. So, let us see whats going to come. And yes now the quality of R-CDMA is not that good as earlier :(

^^OMG!! But scrapping CDMA will be the biggest blunder by RCOM. There are many users sticking with RCOM just because they want excellent voice clarity.

My opinion is that RCOM should support both CDMA and GSM to the full extent. There is not much cost in this - only a small incremental cost of maintaining an additional network. :)

income from CDMA is a big thing for reliance and they are using the same as investments in DTH, GSM, FM, and other media and entertainments.... if they concentrate and care cdma customers more than expected, then they can implement new services only circle by circle like other players.. but for faster action they concentrate on new things and implementing them all together at the same time..

so i feel that once all the new services are on line, they will care everything and take them to top level..

I dont think Reliance will shut down their CDMA operations completely... I dont think it would be posssible... they have invested a lot as they were among the first to bring in CDMA in India....

It is a little difficult preposition to shutdown total operations in CDMA, but you never know about Reliance.... they can do whatever they like..!! I recollect, when people were talking about reliance services when it was started way back... people were literally threatening other operators, to lower the call charges, and they were giving claims, that "let reliance come, you guys will be butchered"...

Oh the good ol' days..!!

3G will be for data,not for voice calls.so the data speed will be more or less equal for all operators.the only differentiating factor will be the pricing and also the quality of voice calls.many new players are also coming soon with both latest cdma as well as gsm technology.let the competition hot up.so let's wait and watch.

bro 3G can used for data as well as voice calls....infact the voice clarity is superb on 3G as compared to 2G......the major problem with 3G its power hungry so thats y people prefer to use 2G for voice and 3G for data....

also reliance might not b planning a new handset launch .....but that doeant imply that they r shutting off their cdma services.......they arent gonna ditch their cdma service ....though their priority might shift towards gsm and getting 3G up and runnin

Dear friends

We must admit that Reliance will never quit CDMA . It has

completed the network and also benifitted most by

getting free unlimited calls possible in CDMA Only

We also amit that CDMA is dead technology

now It is a son orphaned by father himself (Qualacom)

Reliance if stop high cheating in balance and bills than

it is one of the wonderful network .But in GSM same success

will be repeated I am doubtful about it

My dear friends, no doubt that Reliance CDMA had given a tough competition to its rival operators. But now they are not taking care of their CDMA customers anymore.

Even for Postpaid subscriber's complaints they are not bothered enough to resolve the same.

They just send the SMS telling : Your complaint number ....... so and so has been resolved.

This shows their leniencey in tackling their customer's problems.

I'm going to shift to Reliance GSM as soon as it is launched. I will keep only one Reliance CDMA number for incoming only as our KSHAH has done.

Its time to leave Reliance CDMA.

I doubt we're gonna be having a dream service provider anytime soon... I appreciate rcom for having ushered in the mobile revolution making it possible for my driver and maid to afford mobile phones too... All talk aside, I doubt anyone parting with reliance would be easy, unless deeply troubled! It's like that famous SRK quote "you may love me or hate me but can never ignore me" and hence the case with rcom... You're just gonna have to have it... Even of just one and that too for incoming only ;-)

Is it certain that reliance gsm will beat everybody else including IT'S own cdma in terms of quality as well as tariff?of course it will give tough dooretivimo to all others,but the same is also true for the other new upcoming players as well.with competition intuini up every operator will have to streamline IT'S service or vanish.so lat's wait and watch.of course this is my personal opinion,which will definitely evas from person to person.

Is it certain that reliance gsm will beat everybody else including IT'S own cdma in terms of quality as well as tariff?

^^^

My dear friend, whatever it will be, whether Reliance GSM could beat other Operators or not, but one thing is for sure that we can atleast get BETTER HANDSET OPTIONS in GSM which are not their with Cdma.

Thats the main reason for me considering to shift to GSM.

Regards.

We will be having options to select from wide range of Handsets for sure but I an doubtful RIL can give any wonderful Tariff Plans in GSM due to TRAI Rules. But, we can expect wonders as when CDMA launched by RIL they ruled with facilities, coverage and better voice quality. I would like to see CDMA-cum -GSM option from RIL. If they can do it other players will be crying for sure.

Let us see whats hiding in R-GSM and hope the best :)

i doubt gsm of reliance can give better offers than cdma , in platinum plan they are already having tariffs of 30 ps/min

^^ Is the above mentioned platinum plan available to the general public?

^^ Is the above mentioned platinum plan available to the general public?

it is still available in select cities-- ask for platinum 225 plan from customer care

Jaadu249 is the best plan for Punjab Users as platinum is not available here. (@0.50 for local and @1.0 for STD) with STD add on pack (Rs.249) all call (Local/STD) rates will be @0.50 :)

I dont think Reliance will shut down their CDMA operations completely... I dont think it would be posssible... they have invested a lot as they were among the first to bring in CDMA in India....

It is a little difficult preposition to shutdown total operations in CDMA, but you never know about Reliance.... they can do whatever they like..!! I recollect, when people were talking about reliance services when it was started way back... people were literally threatening other operators, to lower the call charges, and they were giving claims, that "let reliance come, you guys will be butchered"...

Oh the good ol' days..!!

I dont think Reliance will make the mistake of shutting down its CDMA operations because the OFC cables they have laid down are used by a variety of businesses, like Adlabs, for the transportation of virtual prints of movies to other cities. I think this technology will be retained with a larger focus on DATA plans rather than voice plans.

Is it certain that reliance gsm will beat everybody else including IT'S own cdma in terms of quality as well as tariff?

^^^

My dear friend, whatever it will be, whether Reliance GSM could beat other Operators or not, but one thing is for sure that we can atleast get BETTER HANDSET OPTIONS in GSM which are not their with Cdma.

Thats the main reason for me considering to shift to GSM.

Regards.

Dear friend,

For reliance GSM it is a matter of survival for Reliance GSM.

They are starting with a pan India GSM operatotions at a time when all the other GSM operators have more than 15 years experience in the same industry, and above all with the same technology. Also, Reliance is launching its services at a time when MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY is coming into the market within a period of six months.

Agreed that Reliance has an advantage of having a virtually zero subscriber network and can offer seamless quality network to all its subscribers, and this might force some high end customer from rival operators to shift into RGSM which might have a positive effect on their revenues. But at the same time they are facing a great disadvantage. Because their network is a new one, it is bound to have some hiccups initially. Because of these initial hiccups there are possibilites that the existing subscribers may turn to tried and tested operators rather than risk their money on RGSM.

After all we know the service quality of Reliance CC and WW. I would say this is going to be mixed bag and it all depends on how RCOM moulds its employees to meet its new challenges ahead. I must say, if Reliance sticks to its guns, the downside is limited, and the upside is unlimited. But if Reliance fails, then for the exisiting GSM operators, the downside is visrtually nil and the upside again UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i doubt reliance will stop CDMA network or give it step motherly treatment , as u are already know the tariffs of GSM reliance is much higher than CDMA brother , the only saving grace is that it can retain its subscribers on gsm who want to shift from CDMA

what made reliance to start telecom service in cdma technology ?

they had plans to play gsm too when they launched cdma or gsm was planned recently ?

what would be their future plans ?

i think they will not kill cdma, they might want to have max customers in cdma as well as gsm for max profit..

Dear Friends

I am forced to stop using Reliance CDMA because of high grade

cheating in balance . Now i am using set for incoming only.

If they will do same thing in GSM consumer

will throw away SIM and will purchase Airtel next day .In UP they are

defamed a lot

There will always be nay sayers.But i am more than sure downside can no longer be unlimited or even limited for reliance. because reliance is starting with almost nil subscriber base in this platform, it will be able to poach many subscribers from the already congested networks of remaining operators and mind you in a place like delhi, from where i am ,people are just waiting for respite from call drops network congestion across all operators. reliance sure does know how to run business. it stands second in terms of over all subscriber base despite having cdma handicap if you may wish. imagine the possibilities it has with additional gsm spectrum.

There will always be nay sayers.But i am more than sure downside can no longer be unlimited or even limited for reliance. because reliance is starting with almost nil subscriber base in this platform, it will be able to poach many subscribers from the already congested networks of remaining operators and mind you in a place like delhi, from where i am ,people are just waiting for respite from call drops network congestion across all operators. reliance sure does know how to run business. it stands second in terms of over all subscriber base despite having cdma handicap if you may wish. imagine the possibilities it has with additional gsm spectrum.

I agree with you dude. Agreed that the growth potential in terms of subscribers is high for Reliance compared to other operators. But what about the service?????? In 2.5 years I am yet to see any improvement in the customer care of Reliance!!!!! It is still at a nascent stage as it was earlier.

When I said that Reliance COmmunications downside was unlimited I was also referring to various other factors.

I hope you are aware that RCOM's books have been forwarded to Comptroller and Auditor General’s office to look into possible tax evasions. Also, Reliance is famous all over the country for its one time courtesies, meaning, introducing a mind blowing scheme and then blow you out totally by withdrawing the scheme in total. That is the kind of reputation it has in India.

I would also like to clarify that I am a die hard Reliance fan and thats the reason I am sticking to them. I also wish that Reliance COmmunications does really good in the future and even maybe overtaked Bharti. But a change in attitude has to be brought out at the CC and the WW's all over the country. I wish Reliance realises it soon!!!!!!!!

i have a comparatively much better experience with reliance.

Will reliance continue with cdma?

i doubt.coz these days the network in deteriorating and reliance is not interested in expanding the cdma....

people are getting better reliance GSm network than cdma.

They cant exit cdma altogether. Its not advisable and its not even possible. If they dont improve service for cdma subscribers and keep losing subscribers I think there will be a time when they would be asked to return the spectrum and make way for others. Anil may want to sell his majority stake to some cdma international major in future. Thats the only way i see him getting close to an exit from cdma space.