Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Lets Ask Htc For Better Open Sourced Ruim Handsets...

OK friends, this is a request to all to start a REQUEST SURGE to HTC to provide us with better open ended RUIM based CDMA based 3G Handsets for INDIA.

Now our primary requirement for better handsets for the CDMA Markets can be -

1. They should be unlocked RUIM Based Handsets so that we can use with any CDMA network and change our numbers at will

2. CDMA/EVDO Based

3. They should be based on latest Android and Windows Platforms

4. They should have high quality trans-reflective screen with high resolution (min. VGA) and minimum 3.5"+ screen

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Now dont take this topic/request lightly, because only as a combined strength we have the power to make a policy decision change in companies thinking patterns.

HTC's original twitter site is this - http://twitter.com/htc Start following this and bombard them with requests...

Their Facebook site is - http://www.facebook.com/HTC?ref=nf Become a Fan and start posting on their wall.

Me and Hetal have already started. All other are requested.

One thing, we feel is that our CDMA community needs to be more organised and ready to take a stand. We feel most members just use/leach us for phone cracks and when it comes to support, most people back out.

This is a time to prove our strength....

SO LETS GET GOING.... and we all would like to see the strength growing...

Thanks all for their support in advance...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

+1 for you... Im in...

Infact I also Requested to write email to TRAI for Unlocked Handset Policy and only Kalpak have Supported me

Here We all Expect so many thing But non of Us actual try to Write only a Email or Suggestion Non of us even Tried to Write a Physical Letter to Device Procurement Head of Reliance

And I frankly said I have Done all even Written to DOT TRAI Office of PM etc etc.

Lets make a Single Voice

@ Arun Lets Register a Common Interest Body and Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

on it. Mail me the letters sent. I shall also send them.

very poor response from our forum members till now.... i am disappointed....

@HP, even I am ready to send a letter to the ministry. Can you please guide me how to do it? also if a format is available, it would be great.

Thanks in advance...

Good initiative. Even I have posted in Facebook

Thanks guys.... keep it coming friends...

OK friends, this is a request to all to start a REQUEST SURGE to HTC to provide us with better open ended RUIM based CDMA based 3G Handsets for INDIA.

Now our primary requirement for better handsets for the CDMA Markets can be -

1. They should be unlocked RUIM Based Handsets so that we can use with any CDMA network and change our numbers at will

2. CDMA/EVDO Based

3. They should be based on latest Android and Windows Platforms

4. They should have high quality trans-reflective screen with high resolution (min. VGA) and minimum 3.5"+ screen

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Now dont take this topic/request lightly, because only as a combined strength we have the power to make a policy decision change in companies thinking patterns.

HTC's original twitter site is this - http://twitter.com/htc Start following this and bombard them with requests...

Their Facebook site is - http://www.facebook.com/HTC?ref=nf Become a Fan and start posting on their wall.

Me and Hetal have already started. All other are requested.

One thing, we feel is that our CDMA community needs to be more organised and ready to take a stand. We feel most members just use/leach us for phone cracks and when it comes to support, most people back out.

This is a time to prove our strength....

SO LETS GET GOING.... and we all would like to see the strength growing...

Thanks all for their support in advance...

I will surely do it, however I have to recall my facebook UN & PW and twitter , yet to get register.

Infact I also Requested to write email to TRAI for Unlocked Handset Policy and only Kalpak have Supported me

Here We all Expect so many thing But non of Us actual try to Write only a Email or Suggestion Non of us even Tried to Write a Physical Letter to Device Procurement Head of Reliance

And I frankly said I have Done all even Written to DOT TRAI Office of PM etc etc.

Lets make a Single Voice

@ Arun Lets Register a Common Interest Body and Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with hetal. Remember days when reliance was planning to rip all data users by charging Rs. 1 per 10 KB or so. THat time many members, of them many advanced and reputed members made so much noise because they were to loose money from their pocket, but when it came to sign petition - less than 100 rimweb members bothered to sign petition.

Unfortunately, Rimwebian are behaving exactly same as our whole ccountry, where we make so much of noise against all problems we are facing, but when it comes to take actions, people are least bothered. We all are good at discussing stuffs standing at PAN shop - which has no meaning or worth NOTHING.

Lets meet and visit Device Procurement Head of Reliance and TATA and MTS...

Letters and email is dustbin stuffs for indians....

if u want solid result.. i am ready to show them my business ans success and plans..

infact chinese are ready to make customized handset RUIM supported.. Droid based.. i am in touch with them....

all in all lets meet them across table face to face.. I am ready to visit anywhere in india....

LMK....

tweeted and posted on face book wall

Posted on their Facebook wall...

Following them on twitter....

Hope something good may happen then...

Any response from HTC for our postings in facebook and twitter?

with so few postings we have hardly made a dent.... we need postings in hundreds if not thousands to make an impact....

so more postings are needed....

also as these are policy decisions, every posting will go a long way in changing their mindsets....

so keep on posting... it is a slow and gradual process...

Edited by dkaile

Remember no one in the world consider Indians for any thing (Because of our very selfish, limited vision and approach). Why HTC should?? Our demands are not in such great numbers that it compels them to atleast think in that direction.

i would like to be a part of this motion

done the needful

if anything else needs to be done lemme know

but i seriously doubt a few hundreds of people wanting a feature will ever change a mindset of a corporation

in past i have been a part of htc classaction where more than 500000 people filed a suit against htc for not providing 3D driver support in devices like kaiser , cruise , mogul etc

htc kept numb on it for several mnths and finally one day they announced that they cannot provide drivers for all devices as its beyond their reach alone , but they will release devices with good media capabilities ( they meant by diamond and touch hd ) so one shud buy that

they provided kaiser drivers but not for other devices

also their so called media centric devices still dont have good video acceleration

we need a larger number , few hundreds and thousands wont even catch attention of a giant corporate like htc

its worth noting that htc replied to the drivers issue only coz there were a very very large number of people demanding for it

i dont mean to discourage anyone , but i feel we need more participation , on a larger scale , not only on this forum but also on other forums

something similar to htc classaction suit , coz these demands are too much for htc , and without good numbers they wont even bother to consider it

i agree with what sadik says " letter and emails is dustbin stuff"

I am also of a similar view that we are too small a group for them to take cognizance.

Plus in the US market, which I believe would be HTCs main CDMA market, I am not sure if they are all for the open market handset thing. No RUIM is the best possible thing to happen for the US carriers, since this way they can retain their customers longer.

done