Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

Which Credit Card To Go For?

I feel that CITI bank indian oil credit card is Perfect, as it is free for life and you get the one turbo reward points equivalent to Rs.1 worth petrol. over all a good card...

I received a letter from ICICI Bank (my CC issuer) saying that I will have to shell out annual fees from next year (april 1st, 2010) onwards.. :(

i feel standard char bank is the best...

if u pay one time then its has good offers

mine i use of petrol filling is a lifetime free card with

no service charge on any petrol pump accross India plus 2.5% cash back :)

I received a letter from ICICI Bank (my CC issuer) saying that I will have to shell out annual fees from next year (april 1st, 2010) onwards.. :(

Hey Kunal bro ..don't worry ..just call at there call center & directly tell i want to cancel my CC in a very shrub way & tell them reason for being asked to pay annual fees .& also tell them HDFC bank is giving same offer at free of cost :) :) :) ... i have done same trick many times to revert late payment charges .... :Riendo::winko:

^^^ hmmm... nice idea... will try it sometime.. :)

I have been using HDFC CC for now almost 3 years.

Not a single complaint of overcharging etc. Ensure

full payment on time

Well I own several cards ranging from Stan-Chart, Citi, ICICI, ABN-AMRO (now RBS), HSBC (I stopped using it to protest against fuel charges non waiver).

I have never had any problems with most of these. The only problems I ever had was with SBI and I surrendered to them twice. For fuel, ABN-AMRO is great because at any petrol pump, whereas Citi-IOC is only for IndianOil, ICICI is only for HP and Stan-Chart is only for BP (though not too sure, now) HSBS was earlier free at all petrol pumps, but now they charge Rs 399 for one year for fuel charges waiver.

Recently, I received SMS' from ICICI that they are withdrawing the insurance cover on all my platinum cards and also they are withdrawing the Concierge services from 1 April 2010.

All in all, my experience with Citi is the best, I have been with them from 1987 onwards (at that time it was Diners Club)

I've used cards from stan char, Citi bank, HSBC, ICICI, HDFC, ABN-AMRO, Barclays and SBI, Kotak( currently only kotak citi and stan char). I found ABN AMRO is horrible I already put my experience with them on this forum. with other banks i dun faced any problem. by far CITI bank and kotak are fast enough to resolve your issues. with stan char you get 5% discount on super market purchase. and with kotak 10% on dining and movies. citi is good for delhi metro travel :)

i have Citibank (Diners & Visa), HDFC, HSBC and now SBI. i generally use Citibank visa for all utility payments for my office. i had balance transfer on my HSBC and there was no problem. i just got SBI so cant comment. even HDFC is good though use very limited.

i had ICICI twice and had problem with it at both the times. they charged for something and were silent for more than 6 months. i had to follow up with them on daily basis to finaly get the charges reverse and they also canceled the card.

the only prob with foreign banks is that if you dont make payment on time, they charge higher rate of interest compare to others.

Little secret here for users of Stan-chart Titanium Cash-Back Card.

Although 5% Cash-back is strictly for Telecom bill payments, it works even while purchasing handsets at WW/WWE

Plz dont report this to Stanchart anyone !

How do I apply for SBI Credit Card. I have an account with State Bank of Patiala, Jalandhar City, Punjab, which is associated with State Bank of India. Please advice. sharma169@hotmail.com

:previous: If you don't have the contact details of their local agent in your area, then call them and request the application form to be sent to your address: http://www.sbicard.com/header_footer_pages/ContactUs.html

Needed some advise guys.. Having an upgrade option with Stanchart Titanium CC..

Can upgrade to Platinum Manhattan OR Platinum Rewards.. anybody having any experience with these 2 Platinum cards ?

BTW.. Stanchart Titanium is also a gr8 card as expressed earlier.

I'm using Manhattan Platinum and I must say it's the best card till date I owned...5% cash back on supermarket purchases is awesome...I would highly recommend :)

I'm using Manhattan Platinum and I must say it's the best card till date I owned...5% cash back on supermarket purchases is awesome...I would highly recommend :)

it's not just the 5% cash back. it 5 reward point for every 100 spend. which translates to around 1.5% discount in worst case scenario also there is no processing or handling fee if you redeem your points. some good gifts are also available like appliances from morphy richards and Bajaj

The credit cards are now coming double teamed with fixed deposits... recently i wanted to have a kotak card and i have to keep a sizeable FD for miniscule limit. same for sbi.

on the other hand, my own bank, icici has refused to even hear my application out..

How do I apply for SBI Credit Card. I have an account with State Bank of Patiala, Jalandhar City, Punjab, which is associated with State Bank of India. Please advice. sharma169@hotmail.com

SBI Card is not the product of the Bank. It is a product of a NBFC - SBI Card Services Limited. As such, it is beyond the purview of the Banking Ombudsman and the issuer is well known in taking full advantage of this and making profit at the cost of consumers.

The credit cards are now coming double teamed with fixed deposits... recently i wanted to have a kotak card and i have to keep a sizeable FD for miniscule limit. same for sbi.

on the other hand, my own bank, icici has refused to even hear my application out..

They are called Secured Credit Cards. Issued normally in case of consumers who do not satisfy the standard credit evaluation process. Such cards carry lesser rate of interests. Credit limit is generally offered upto 80% of FD value.

Edited by commonman

Which kotak card you got with fixed deposit? Can we opt for any of the from their site?

Which kotak card you got with fixed deposit? Can we opt for any of the from their site?

You can. All the cards are listed on the web site.

Kotak has refused my application for Trump card. No reason given for it. They simply say that one of the criteria was not matched.

This is amazing. Because my credit history is excellent. Recently HDFC has upgraded me from platinum to Visa Signature. Still Kotak refused my application.

^^^

Try to get an AMEX card. Nobody will refuse to issue a card to an AMEX holder.

But if you already have a Signature card, why bother about what Kotak does.

I have an Amex card too but that is because of the company I work for and it is billed to my company. I never thought to mention that as reference in the application. I would do that in future.

I want to have the Kotak card for the privileges it provides for movie etc. This is not in visa signature card.

You need to be salary class person to get that Kotak Trump card.

Kotak has refused my application for Trump card. No reason given for it. They simply say that one of the criteria was not matched.

This is amazing. Because my credit history is excellent. Recently HDFC has upgraded me from platinum to Visa Signature. Still Kotak refused my application.