Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Aussie

Mobile Internet Rates Slashed, Quota Increased!

OM? expand pls...oh u mean opera mini....

Edited by dkaile

I am not getting it... what does browsing through RWorld mean? Is there any option in RWorld to browse websites? confused.gif

^

yes

^^^ I can't see any option on my lg 6600. were is this option available?

click on mobile internet after activating your plan in Rworld

^^^ looks like mobile internet is not available on lg 6600. i can't see this option in R-Menu. what i see is options like hot-n-new, ringtones, devotional etc.. any more idea if browsing is available on this model?

btw, nuc of 5p/10kb is getting deducted perfectly. SI.gif

Edited by srk006

OM? expand pls...oh u mean opera mini....

Yes..

I think it would be wise to wait for a bit. You never know when these jerks may do a u turn.

AS for me, I dont see any merit in DAPO now. No free SMS, no free data. No point in having DAPO I guess.

Best for me would be to shift to one of the simple plans and subscribe to one of the data plans with 25 rs unlimited sms pack.

By the way I can still use R net connect cab made by hetal, how is that charged? is it time related or data related?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :

Previously I was unable to visit many sites through Rel MobileWorld (with proxy) connection; and most of us were using sam1 type connections without proxy; Now sam1 type without proxy connections seems to have been BLOCKED; but no problems; I have set default connection to Rel MobileWorld (with proxy) and tried using my opera/ie browser on phone and it took me Rworld site and informed me that effective 1st Dec my default plan has been shifted to 50p/Mb and then asked for my approval, which i gave and also informed me the additional 5p/10kb NUC charges, which also I said OK to; then from next time I was able to ACCESS ALL INTERNET SITES through the Mobile World (with proxy) connection; which was not the case prior to 1st dec...

so all in all I think its GOOD; charges will now be 50p/MB + 5p/10Kb NUC (in comparison to 10p/10kb we were paying earlier in without proxy connections);

I have accessed many sites, updated my weather, done activesync to google server etc. etc.; and everything seems to be working with the MobileWorld connection through proxy...

I am unable to get to that page. Though yesterday I was able to getting that message.

Edited by tanveer

^

@tanveer

Use Rel MobileWorld connection (UTS one with proxy enabled) and access any site using Opera Mobile/Internet Explorer and you should be first taken to the Rworld site asking you to confirm subscription to the default 50p/1MB plan. Once you confirm, from next time you will be able to browse net normally as before. If that message is not coming and you are able to browse net with the Rel MobileWorld connection then that means that the plan has been enabled by default for you. You should also get a SMS confirming the same has been enabled. At least that is what happened for me on my 3 connection (2 on Pro and 1 on Mogul).

Rel Netconnect charges are still at 60p/minute AFAIK; but since this is a much better volume based plan, there is no sense in using that time based plan anymore till its prices are also slashed (expect that also soon)

and if your usage is high move to the 299 Unlimited Plan and keep internet switched on 24 hours.... as no NUC should apply for us as per kesav's definition....

@srk - cant say about LG 6600, but mobile internet is clearly visible in our windows mobile phones; maybe it is visible to only phones with in built browsers. I see it in my phone in when I access Rworld in this order - Hot N New, Movie Masala, Others - Ringtones, Caller Tunes, Cricket N More, News, Pics N Fun, Astrology, Love N Friendship, "Mobile Internet", Finance, Messaging, Devotional, Info Services etc.

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Fair usage limit of 2GB applies in unlimited 299 plan. May be beyond FUL 50p/MB applies even in unlimited plan.

more confusion...

in the earlier plans, downloading was possible only in the 199 and higher plans. was not possible in 99 plan.

now, not clear whether downloading is possible in the new default, day pass and 99 plans.

true to form, the customer care gadhas are equally confused.

Ok I subscribed to the default plan as well. I think now its time to say bye bye to DAPO after almost 7 long years.

downloading is possible in all plans now... however in default plan, pls note that u will be charged at pulse rate of 50p/mb now... so even if u download only 10-20kb u will be charged for 1 mb...

so it is better to download/update all things at a single instance rather than connecting again and again for multiple things.

L1 is not working today with spl passwords. is it working for anyone. I am facing problem from 2-Dec-2009.

I think L1 era has come to an end. With end of L1 my CDMA will be useless.

For Mobile Browsing GSM seems to be a better option as they are not charging any network charges in it.

Edited by Saurav
  • Like 1

Practically, with downloading of say about 50 mails (with 10-20KB of message) and normal browsing on phone, you cannot download more than 1-2MB of data in 24 hours. That works out to just 1 Re a day or 30 Rs. a month. I think this default plan is quite fantastic.....

• Like 1

Practically, with downloading of say about 50 mails (with 10-20KB of message) and normal browsing on phone, you cannot download more than 1-2MB of data in 24 hours. That works out to just 1 Re a day or 30 Rs. a month. I think this default plan is quite fantastic.....

Instead Rs. 99 for 300 MB is much better, dont you think so?? Because of speed I am sure on reliance usage of data will be more than other operators.

BTW, since netconnect charges are as much as Rworld, why one would go for RWORD type of restricted services?? I just want to kknow.

Edited by kshah

^

the scenario is changed Kalpak; I am talking of using Rel MobileWorld connection (The UTS one with proxy enabled) and not Rworld (a program or site wap.rworld.co.in) for browsing. Browsing will be done through the default browser installed on your phone whether on WM devices or Palm devices. Now all sites are functioning through the proxy connection, which was not the case earlier. Its not restricted anymore.

However, For using our phones as modem we still have to rely on non proxy connections like Rel Netconnect as modem is not functioning on proxy connections, only browsing on the phone is.

Edited by dkaile

HI

U ADD NETWORK USE CHARGES

L1 PLAN IS GIVE NETWORK USE FREE BUT NOW ITS NOT WORK ANY CONFORMATION FROM CC.

ALL RIMWEB FRIEND ?????????? IN INTERNET PLAN

^

Network Usage Charges is not applicable if you dont go through RWorld application and browse directly.

Problem: Outlook mail is not working with Proxy Server

hi

i want to go 99 plan but what 300mb what my network use charges

i call cc but ???????

Edited by kk999

hi

i want to go 99 plan but what 300mb what my network use charges

i call cc but ???????

How can they charge network usage charges when you are not using their proxy?