Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Aussie

Mobile Internet Rates Slashed, Quota Increased!

Gmail working via active sync route. It was giving error while sync. I removed tasks from sync option, its working perfectly now.

Opera Mini is working through http (default was socks, as we donnot know the port number for pproxy, it was not working)

I am on L4 plan does it mean I will be charged only 50 p /MB & no NUC ?

Edited by Anil_S

L1 working for me !!!!! even this post i m replying thru sam ____ :) but gtalk is not working plz help. Gmail is working but not gtalk :(

Update on charges:

So its been 24 hours since I activated MobileWorld connection and Push Mail on Gmail through active sync and Push Mail worked FLAWLESSLY. But the dent I got was MUCH HIGHER than expected. I was charged 13/- for this 24 hour period rather than the 1-2 Rs. we were projecting/hoping. Though Under no circumstances I have downloaded 26MB of data that it suggests. Now I will complain to Customer Care but dont know how they will give me breakup. So this is how things stand as of now. And for unlimited Mobile World going for the 299/- per month unlimited plan would be more advisable.

• Like 1

Update on charges:

So its been 24 hours since I activated MobileWorld connection and Push Mail on Gmail through active sync and Push Mail worked FLAWLESSLY. But the dent I got was MUCH HIGHER than expected. I was charged 13/- for this 24 hour period rather than the 1-2 Rs. we were projecting/hoping. Though Under no circumstances I have downloaded 26MB of data that it suggests. Now I will complain to Customer Care but dont know how they will give me breakup. So this is how things stand as of now. And for unlimited Mobile World going for the 299/- per month unlimited plan would be more advisable.

this is what i was worried about. though many posts suggested that NUC would apply only if you "browsed through RWorld".

Some data: I am/was on the "old" 99 plan for the last 8 months. I use opera mini for browsing and other mobile apps which access internet. Every month I have been charged Rs 99... PLUS NUC @ 5p/10kb. I didn't have downloading facility either.

So it looks like only a few things have changed:

A: Addition of default and day pass plans

B: Extending downloading facility to all plans (earlier was possible only in 199 and higher plans)

C: Increasing quotas for 99 from 20 to 300 and for 199 from 100 to 750 MB. As you can see below, this is really no big deal. By the time you finish using your "quota", your bill will go sky high.

So, assuming the above, the following would be the monthly charges for 99, 199 and "unlimited" plans. Assume you download say, 250 MB in a month in each of these plans. Then the cost would be:

99: 99 + (250x1024/10)x0.05 = 99 + 1280 = Rs 1379

199: 199 + (250x1024/10)x0.05 = 199 + 1280 = Rs1479

299 unlimited: 299 + (250x1024/10)x0.05 = 299 + 1280 = Rs1579

In dkaile's case, maybe he downloaded approx. 2200kb. So he was charged Rs 2 PLUS (2200/10)X0.05 = 2 + 11 = Rs13

I would be happy if anybody could convince me otherwise!

<< Topic cleaned up. If anyone has "something" to "sell", they can do it in the "Buy / Sell - Bazaar" forum and not here >>

Now the real worry starts.We may incur huge bills if things stand this way.The NUC thing is ridiculous.Why us,the cdma users are charged and gsm users are spared is beyond me.Let's complain with cc enmass.I hope we shall be heard.

I think L-1 or L-4 plans with default Data plan is the best bets. Its NUC which is making it expensive. So If your are on L-1 or L-4, NUC shall not be charged. You will only be charged for data download @0.50/MB. (my guess only, I need to confirm)

Under mobile internet status it is showing usage of 2296807. (hopefully in bytes)

Edited by Anil_S

Just now i changed my connection settings to Rworld NP and tried to update weather and to my surprise it got updated.Then to confirm opened opera mini and now i am able to post here without using the proxy connection.

Has anybody tried it?If so please update here.

I am on DAPO and I dont think I have been charged extra. However my surfing has been limited to draw any conclusions. Will report back with any new findings.

now I am able to browse using the no proxy connection. can someone please tell methe pros and cons of this? this post I am writing using opera mobile. let me check other applications

• Like 1

Yes

Thanks Tanveer, :signthankspin:

now I am also able to get internet without proxy. :Sorprendido:

This means no data charges (NUC may still apply)

Looks like Dheeraj's mail has worked.

Edited by Anil_S

updatedweather and stocks. downloaded gmail. everything working. once again everything will be clear once we get the bill.

I think it should be the other way around. network usage charge is for on net. since we are not using the r world proxy even I think we should be charged only for data. not you can never be sure with these reliance people.

15000? or 1500?

How did you save? by not paying mukesh?

@Tanveer

Sorry I saved Rs 1500/-

Yes u pointed the right thing.

Did you surf on PC?

you Cannt.....

Untill you are paying for data plan dear,while you are surfing on mobile...

opera mini is working with socket protocol. browsed orktut, facebook, yahoo mail.

also tried other applications ymtiny, mig33 etc.. all are working now..

but this time no amount deducted from my balance.. confused.gif , i think reliance found and implemented mukesh's solution.. Contento.gif kidding..

Did you surf on PC?

you Cannt.....

yes u can surf on pc as well

• Like 1

Bsnl reduced data plan is good

Did you surf on PC?

you Cannt.....

For PC I use BB

But its possible I used it 1 yr ago & its working even today.

but this time no amount deducted from my balance.. confused.gif

amount got deducted - 50p/1MB + NUC

hi,

i want to ask as i am not having l1 plan, i am on default plan. what will be charges for me with or without proxy. if i be on data paln such as 25 Rs or 99 Rs then what will be my charges?

Edited by vll

In prepaid L1 is not applicable.

In prepaid L1 is not applicable.

L1 is not applicable in prepaid,L1 like benifit is possible in prepaid,i am using since last 1 years.