Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Aussie

Mobile Internet Rates Slashed, Quota Increased!

^

on which phone? does ur phone have a in built browser.... if yes, then no NUC will be charged.... but if u go through RWorld then NUC will be charged....

^

on which phone? does ur phone have a in built browser.... if yes, then no NUC will be charged.... but if u go through RWorld then NUC will be charged....

nokia 6275

i use opera mini 4.2 and opera mini 5 beta 2

what a plan :)

onnet browsing 5 rupees per mb

offnet browsing 0.50 paisa per mb

:lol:

^

Opera Mini doesnt seem to be compatible with with proxy connections as of now as per feedback given by other members; though I havnt tried that personally as I am on a WM device....

So 2 Problems till now:

1. Opera Mini Compatibility on normal phones

2. Outlook Mail Compatibility on Windows Mobile Devices

@dkaile

Pls suggest me best option I am using WM HTCs720 with L1. Should I continue with L1 or exit from L1.

^

I am slightly unfamiliar with L1; could u tell me what charges you are paying as of date on L1?

I am paying Rs 25 per month for L1, and was able to use mobile internet free of cost by just paying 25 per month with sam1 without proxy.

Edited by Saurav

I am paying Rs 25 per month for L1, and was able to use mobile internet free of cost by just paying 25 per month with sam1 without proxy.

i also pay 25 for L1 for unlimited mobile internet(opera mini) but now stop.

Complain to the Customer Care; and right now start using internet on default plan... though without proxy usage would not be covered under L1....

@saurav - what was ur usage mostly for; if it was for outlook mail, ur purpose would not be solved; so better lodge a complain that u are unable to access Outlook Mail through Rel Mobile World (Proxy, UTS one) connection; I have done the same....

None of site is opening on my handset with sam1

^

if u will enable proxy, even sam1 will work...

But proxy will require internet plan.

Pls update proxy settings

Edited by Saurav

Proxy server: wapgw.ricinfo.com

HTTP : wapgw.ricinfo.com:8080

• Like 1

But with Proxy it is asking for internet plan.

yah... then ur L1 will get unsubscribed!!! dilemma... better put a mail to CC and see what they say..

I put a mail as follows to <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com>

My Reliance CDMA No.: 9358439593

I have subscribed to the new Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plans that you have introduced wef 01st dec'09 on my Windows Mobile Phone on reliance CDMA. I am on the default 50p/1MB Plan. Now whereas I am able to browse all websites using the default browser (Internet Explorer) on the phone, I am unable to download any mail using the phone's Outlook Mail application. It seems to be blocked by Reliance. It gives me error message : "Error Syncronizing. Cannot connect with current connection settings." Everything else like browsing etc. is working except this Outlook Mail.

Kindly either give me the correct connection settings (Username, password and proxy server port settings) which seems to be all right as I am able to connect to all other websites OR kindly unblock Outlook Emails from your proxy server.

Awaiting your immediate reply in this matter,

DHIRAJ KAILE

BTW- Outlook mail is working with Rel Netconnect connection but then that is time based and very costly.....

I am on L-4 plan. I am also not getting internet on Mogul.

Going for default plan.

But Gmail will not work :confuse:

reason; Gmail uses diffrent ports (other than 8080), for with proxy server has no options

Edited by Anil_S

SUCCESS: Outlook Mail synced

Procedure: I was trying to sync my outlook mail by creating a new account i.e. for e.g. I had created Gmail-dhirajkaile to sync my gmail account. Now dont do that...

Instead configure your default Outlook E-mail (the one that is already syncing to Google server). I was previously only syncing only Contacts and Calendar and not Emails. Now after adding email I am able to sync and send and receive mail directly. I also set the schedule in activesync to sync as and when item arrives and now even push mail is working perfectly through Rel MobileWorld connection (with proxy). Only thing is data is ON 24 hours. I will update on the charges after a day or 2...

Enjoy....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

For Opera Mini

Go to setting, advance setting , protocols --> change to HTTP opera mini should work

for Gmail I am going for sync method as told by Dhiraj :signthankspin:

Not getting the page for google sync procedure :sos:

Got it its in Dhiraj Signatures :signthankspin:

Edited by Anil_S
  • Like 1

@saurav

Though I will update on the data charges soon for keeping the data connection live 24 hours a day; but I can safely bet that you can shift to default 50p/MB plan now... at 1-2 MB per day, your charges per month shud not exceed 30Rs. a month...

I dont use google sync, how do i use outlook?

Google sync is the best option now.

@Dhiraj

your method is equivalent in charges to that of L1.

start using google sync is all i can advice;

or try using the following settings:

server address: m.google.com

tick ssl

username: yourgmailaccount@gmail.com

password: your password

domain: blank

tick save password

choose to sync E-mail

thats how it worked for me....

• Like 1

i am also not being able to connect to internet on my vogue since yesterday.then i tried it on my nokia 6275 using opera mini and it worked.all sites opened without any issue.

then why is it not working on other phones?can anybody throw some light?i am confused.i am on L4 plan of R world.so i did not have to pay any NUC for browsing using any browser.

now,what should i do?enable proxy in connection and browse like before using opera,OM,IEM,Iris and Skyfire?if i go for default plan and deactivate the L4 plan,shall i be charged for network usage.i have gone through all the earlier posts,but still i am confused on the above matter.

@Dhiraj,

You have shot a mail to service assurance cell regarding the outlook problem.there you have clearly mentioned about WM phone.others have also complained about it to CC.but here 99% of us use WM phones which are not from reliance and officially we are still using our nokia 6265/6275.so is it known to reliance people that we all are using programmed WM sets that are not purchased from them? and if they do not know yet and know now,what will be the fate of our so much loved phones?

waiting for clarification.

^

I have original bill from them for UT Starcom PPC6700 which I purchased from them for Rs. 33K from them OFFICIALLY... so be rest assured... also many 3rd party handsets are available from Reliance which are RUIM enabled windows mobile devices...

The moment u enable proxy, it will ask u to activate some plan, as per feedback received from other users of some data plan or other....

For Opera Mini

Go to setting, advance setting , protocols --> change to HTTP opera mini should work

:signthankspin: opera is now working for me..