Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
csmart

Buying/selling On Ebay May Be Difficult

:previous:I have the same status as verified. Let me try again, going to purchase another item right away. Lets c....

^

As you will see in my screenshot, my previous purchase were those headphones only that you are referring to; so i had no problem whatsoever then also...

I am again getting an this error :

This card cannot be used for this transaction. Please choose a different way to pay, or add another debit or credit card to your account.

Just 15 days before only, I used the same card to purchase an item from ebay.com

Edited by saurabh159

^

contact your credit card company and complain to them...

:signthankspin: Will write a mail to them.

In the meantime, I have added another card with paypal. Hope this will have no issues !

More details have come about about what was behind PayPal's decision to suspend personal payments to any user in India. In a blog post today, PayPal revealed that payments to India will remain in suspension for at least a few months. Customers in India will be able to pull rupees out of the service into their bank accounts within a few days. The suspension came about when Indian government regulators raised questions about whether PayPal's service was enabling remittances (transfers of money by foreign workers) to Indian citizens. "The problems may have been triggered by a marketing push that promotes PayPal as a way to send money abroad, a source familiar with the matter said. The campaign — which reads 'As low as $1.50 to send $300 to countries like India' — may have caught the attention of Indian regulators, the source said."

https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/02/update-on-paypal-situation-in-india/

Thanks Dheeraj ji

I was looking for same kind of stuff and just made Payment through PAYPAL and it was successful. I used my ICICI Visa card.

:signthankspin:

:previous: great price, I wonder if the quality is good or not, will ask dkaile when he gets it.

SBI Visa...

Also note that my Paypal Account shows verified as I am a old customer... may be you are non-verified... check this while going into your paypal account and check your status...

PayPal will not deal with a unverified credit card, i am an old customer of PayPal but since my old CC expired and the new one clicked in just now, i am locked out till my Card bill reaches me. For my two efforts to get thru, i have been charged 1 dollar charge twice but apparently the transaction was declined. I came to know about the charge when i called CCard Customer care immediately, once i get it verified it will be refunded bit it means that i can not transact thru PayPal without the authorization code that will make me a verified customer.

Edited by copperco2

When on paypal payment page .... change option to charge me in seller currency ... your transaction will go through.

I am again getting an this error :

This card cannot be used for this transaction. Please choose a different way to pay, or add another debit or credit card to your account.

Just 15 days before only, I used the same card to purchase an item from ebay.com

Paypal has wierd policies.

I registered a new account with pay pal and i couldnt make transactions. When i contacted their customer service they said that i am high risk to them. I wonder how i am high risk when i have not even made single transaction using pay pal :confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse:

The system automatically flagged me as high risk.

I think Paypal is in Financial Crunch and Getting Defaulted ???????????

Since last few Month I have heard Following Problems in Paypal

• All Indian PayPal A/c can not Receive Funds from outside Country.
  • All Indian PayPal A/c which Holds Excess funds in PayPal can not Withdraw Payments to his Bank A/c
  • A/c are Disabled / banned and all Money Pending in PayPal are Blocked for 6 month with no Claims can be made.
  • If you use PayPal with any Non Indian eBay A/c without Attaching it eBay A/c is Banned Immediately.

Some Links here

http://blog.contussu...0%99s-going-on/

Though, I can still use my credit card for purchases through paypal, but funds transfer has stopped...

Edited by dkaile

I received this email a few moments back from email is "PayPal3@info.paypal.com" with a reply-to email id of : "reply4@info.paypal.com"

PayPal

Dear Kunal Makwana,

We have been diligently working with the RBI and our business partners to resume Indian bank withdrawals for the thousands of Indian businesses who depend on PayPal to sell their goods or services in the global marketplace.

Today, we are happy to announce that the RBI has allowed us to continue local bank withdrawals for settlements for exports of goods and services. We are currently making changes to comply with Indian regulations for settlements for exports of goods and services, and we anticipate that, as of Wednesday, March 3rd, customers will be able to use our bank withdrawal service.

As part of the changes, you will be required to fill out a new field entitled 'Export Code' when you request a withdrawal. This information is required under the current laws of India in order to identify the nature of cross-border merchant transactions.

On Monday, March 1st, we will be back in touch with specific instructions on how you can move your money into your bank account.

Moving forward, the RBI has told us that PayPal needs specific approvals to allow personal remittances to India, which we currently do not have. Until we get these approvals, personal payments into India will remain suspended. However, if you are an exporter, you will continue to be able to use the PayPal service for payments of goods and services. In fact, with the changes we are making to our system, PayPal is now set to be a more powerful engine for exporters in India. With purpose codes for export transactions and FIRCs (Foreign Inward Remittance Certificates), you should now be able to get the export related benefits you seek.

You can check the PayPal blog for additional updates.

www.thepaypalblog.com

We thank you for your business and for your patience during the past few weeks.

Sincerely,

PayPal spacer.gifspacer.gif Copyright© 2010 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPalâ„¢ payment stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

I do not know if this is a real email or a fake. Just thought of posting it here... Judge for yourself ;)

I also received this type email from paypal. It's not fake.

I too received the same mail from Paypal and it seems to be genuine.

Even i have received this email.

It seems that this email isn't fake Paypal is circulating this information to all its members..

:previous: It certainly isn't fake since the same content is posted on the official PayPal blog as well: https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/02/resuming-local-bank-withdrawals-to-india/

I hope they will get the approvals from RBI for receiving personal payments as soon as possible.

even i have received this email today.

I have verified paypal account

hmmm... looks like its a genuine email... hope paypal starts its a regular service soon..

Today I logged to paypal site and its asking for PAN !!!:Ohhhh:

Anyone else had the same experience ?

^^ They have been asking for the PAN Card No since some weeks.

Get one by contacting one of those agents. You can apply online too. Will cost an amount less than 100/-.

Asking for PAN Card has been made complulsory by RBI.

PayPal hasn't made it mandatory. You can click the PayPal logo on top to go into your account page.