Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dda

Bandwidth Problem

HELLO,,

WAS NOT ABLE TO ACCESS RIMWEB SINCE 9 PM... DID ANY ONE ELSE FACED SIMILAR PROBLEM....

IT SEEMS RIMWEB IS GENERATING LOTS OF TRAFIC SO ADMIN IS SHORT OF BANDWITH

yeh, i faced this problem right now at 1 am,told arun, and he got it fixed, seems that rimweb is really generating lots of traffic, please support rimweb, click on the ads , read em buy em etc, all helps.

When i connected net at 10:30 pm and tried to access our forum, it showed following ERROR:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

THANK GOD!

Now its working.

me too....last night.

all that loaded was a blank screen with a single "0" in the top-left !!

btw, does "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" means a LOT of people are viewing the same site at the same time ?

and like, is this "bandwith limit" variable ?...different for different websites ? ...its gotta be somethin like that....i mean, like how does yahoo r google handle THAT much traffic ? - do the bigshot websites have a ...er..higher bandwith limit ?

bandwidth is the data transferred per month. so if there are a lot of people visiting the website then the website's bandwidth limit is exceeded pretty quickly.

I dont think it would be per month! If that were so then we would have to wait for the next month before the quota is renewed!

No Rimweb for us for weeks at a stretch then! :)

Bandwidth is the amount of data consumed by the site for a fixed period as per the hosting package..

Yesterday RIMweb has exceeded the limit allotted to the site..

As the site is hosted by Arun itself, he could adjust the bandwidth... :)

what decides the amount of traffic allowed ?...i mean, like do we get "more" bandwidth if sign up for a more costly "hosting package" ...is that how it works....?

Yes, thats how a normal website's 'amount of traffic' is considered. As Ashok pointed out, the 'amount' of traffic allotted for RIMweb.com is allotted by me itself, from my server's total allowance.

Hey Mods & Admin!

Attention pls!!!

RIMWeb is going very slow now a days.

All other sites open very fast but when i open RIMWeb or open any post in our forum, it takes a lot of time and yesterday it showed ERROR like SQL ERROR: Too Many Connections.

Whats it?

OK, will take note of it... if possible let me know the time when such slowness is experienced in the forums.

I again faced problem like this!

It showed:

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_forums SET last_title='Lg 6130',last_id=3504,last_post=1112978299,last_poster_name='Vishal Gupta',last_poster_id=***,posts=**** WHERE id=**

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code: 
Date: Friday 08th of April 2005 09:38:19 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

I haven't received that error. But it is just a temporary error caused when too many user's access the MySQL database. So nothing to worry.

Today I faced following problem:

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) (Line: 115 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Error Returned

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
mySQL error code: 
Date: Monday 18th of April 2005 11:38:14 AM

There was a problem in the server yesterday night and a couple of days ago too. Techicians will be checking the server at the NOC tonight at 20:30 AM IST. So RIMweb.com won't be available for about an hour around 20:30 IST tonight.

When i clicked on a thread, i faced following ERROR:

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): User rimweb_ib has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections (Line: 115 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

Error Returned

mySQL error: User rimweb_ib has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
mySQL error code: 
Date: Thursday 21st of April 2005 09:35:00 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

We had decreased the limit for number of queries per second recently and that is the reason why the maxed out errors appear nowadays. So we will be doing a RAM upgrade in the next 12 to 24 hours and we will increase the limit, which will hopefully reduce such errors.

We have upgraded the server by adding an extra module of RAM, so the server now has 2 GB of RAM.

wow, i never thought a forum could stress a server so much. Is rimweb the only site thats running on it or there are more? whats the configuration of the server?

Edited by linuxguy

There are lots of other websites as well, yes a forum can stress a server very much. But we have put a restriction on RIMweb.com's account so that the forum will not cause high server load if too many users are accessing the forum simultaneously. That is the reason why

"mySQL error: User rimweb_ib has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"

the above error comes in between. Anyway, we have raised the limit now.

The server is a Dual Intel Xeon 2.4 Ghz with 2 GB of RAM now. We will be upgrading to Dual Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz by May end.

The server is a Dual Intel Xeon 2.4 Ghz with 2 GB of RAM now. We will be upgrading to Dual Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz by May end.

WOW!

U r doing a good job Arun!

Keep it up! ;):clap:

Yesterday evening around 4PM I was unable to access rimweb.com....

Did any one else face the same problem...