Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Anyone with MobiMB full version please....

Kishore

(kams19@gmail.com)

kams19

Pls don't ask such things here!

U can google for it or can send PMs...

:grin:

ok guys i have purchased the mobimb software roughly near 900...  iam sucessfully able to install games and applications eg:- clock, compass etc...

38439[/snapback]

Guys Finaly I AM also able to download games and application in to my Mobile, and simply credit goes to tanveer. Thanks Tanveer thanks a lot.

good review tanveer

Nokia 6255 users plz tell me is it easy to carry it in pocket. Actually i think its bulky.

Please reply at your earliest bcz it features are attracting me.

Yes the size is big and it was a thing that was preventing me from buying this phone but now that i have it, i feel that size is not such a big problem!

Request for mods:

Kindly move all other posts except the review to the 6255 launched section!

As Chirag had suggested before!

Kams sorry man can't find their nos. anywhere. And Pimpri is too far! :grin: So I'm waiting for a shop to pop-up closer to home.

Has anybody tried sending MMS with 6255, to LG or Samsung Phones with Full R-world Facility. Nokia 6255 Supports .3G2 and 3GP files but can record only in .3G2 format. GSM phones like 6600 Does not support .3G2 files. So when you record a Clip and send it to Other GSM phones, it would say that format is not supported.

Tanveer would do you have to say about this. :grin:

Edited by Mukul

hey ppl, just wanted 2 know is there any virus threat ,like in symbian, for downloading apps? any antivirus present?

havent tried buddy!

anyways, We never had the opportunity to send MMS to GSM phones so how would we know!

Tanveer We can Send the the recorded material via Bluetooth. I recorded some thing and tried sending it to my friend's phone which was Nokia 6600, It did recieve the file but could not play. The file was not supported. Where as when I sent a 3GP file Nokia 6600 could play the same. -_-

1. Nokia 6255 is bulky, but feature rich.

2. High volume Speaker phone is excellent and convenient.

3. Camera is ok when compared to GSM h/s.

4. Phone get heated up while using speaker phone.

5. Battery back up ok.

6. No additional battery or external charger.

7. R World is not fully functional, esp. phone book transfer

8. No data cable provided with the phone

9. Stereo equailiser a good feature with presets.

10. Should have provided bluetooth headset for this price.

Overall rating : ***--

Long time no see Greens.

Well i would like to add that in terms of MMS this phone is the same as 6000 or 6130 ie

It can send MMS to any reliance phone 5130,7230,6000,6130 or any other phone,

It can recieve MMS from 6130 at least, I am not sure about any other phone since I have tried only with 6130.

However like 6130 MMS menu can not be accessed through the rworld.

You can log into the MMS portal adn access your MMS there

I am posting this because someone on this thread/forum had posted that this phone does not recieve MMS.

I have tried with 6130 and it works, i think it should work with 6000 as well

Edited by tanveer

Has anybody tried connecting 6255 with CA-42 or DKU-2. Can it be connected with DKU-5 also. I would like to know their review about the same. Is it USB 1.1 or 2.0. I have not used Data transfer Cable till now and I am planning to buy one, so should I go for an origanal one or any local would do.

I have local DKU( bought for 170 from Nehru Place).

I have not tried it as yet as I have been able to do everything with Blue tooth so far.

Will try it and let you know!

Hi all,

I own a 6255. recently i bought a card reader to transfer stuff (as i found it to b the cheapest option available).

I have a query though. Is it so that one cannot install games by simply transferring jar or jad files to this phone?

M asking it bcoz when i tried to open it in my phone it shouted back saying "unsupported file format" :) while when transferred the same files to my frns phone 7610 via bluetooth, it prompted him to install the game when he tried to retrieve it from inbox. and he successfully installed the game :confuse:

Please enlighten me on this. I know that s/w like mobi etc r used to install java apps and games. but for that cable is reqd. I dont want that.

-Chits

You can use MobiMB to install games and applications, It supports Bluetooth, Infrared and Cable. The choice is yours.

You can check the previous post too for your ref.

Can someone tell me is there any application to play MP4 on 6255??

Hey there.

I've been using the Nokia 6255 for some weeks now. i got it the day it released, solely on the basis of bluetooth. I never even saw the handset.

I thought i'd share my opinion.

Everybody i know felt the phone was too bulky. That is, till they used it. I think it's fine. It's a bit wider than most phones, but i personally don't see that as a design flaw. In fact, i appreciate its clean lines and zen like (the buddhism, not the car) simplicity. It's the same reason i liked the sony ericsson T610, the last fone i used.

Open the clamshell, and its a clean crisp display. Very neat. I find it more appealing than the LG or samsung phones, which seem to have carried forward their design ethics from their native teeny-booper korean target audiences. Not my cup of tea.

Initially the external antenna seemed like a downer, though i see the wisdom in including a whip antenna. Very useful, especially for me, doomed to a region with pathetic signal (GSM & CDMA). Thankfully nokia included the antenna in it's design code, and reworked it, and the square style is appreciated.

feature wise, this phone delivers. What do people expect for the price? I paid 12.5, and what do people expect to get in that? someone remarked that for this price they should have included a bluetooth headset. all i can say is, that is a mighty unreasonable demand. For this price?! what do you expect? phone with built in microwave oven?!

0.3 MP camera is shoddy, but at least its a VGA camera. It's pretty clear for a 0.3 MP camera, though. The 5 way navigation methodology could be reworked to be more intuitive, but its ok.

I have used both the DKU-2 and bluetooth to connect this phone, and both work fine. R connect speeds are great. the heating problem that people

All in all, i liked it. It does everything i expect it to do, and a bit more.

Hey there.

I've been using the Nokia 6255 for some weeks now. i got it the day it released, solely on the basis of bluetooth. I never even saw the handset.

I thought i'd share my opinion.

Everybody i know felt the phone was too bulky. That is, till they used it. I think it's fine. It's a bit wider than most phones, but i personally don't see that as a design flaw. In fact, i appreciate its clean lines and zen like (the buddhism, not the car) simplicity. It's the same reason i liked the sony ericsson T610, the last fone i used.

Open the clamshell, and its a clean crisp display. Very neat. I find it more appealing than the LG or samsung phones, which seem to have carried forward their design ethics from their native teeny-booper korean target audiences. Not my cup of tea.

Initially the external antenna seemed like a downer, though i see the wisdom in including a whip antenna. Very useful, especially for me, doomed to a region with pathetic signal (GSM & CDMA). Thankfully nokia included the antenna in it's design code, and reworked it, and the square style is appreciated.

feature wise, this phone delivers. What do people expect for the price? I paid 12.5, and what do people expect to get in that? someone remarked that for this price they should have included a bluetooth headset. all i can say is, that is a mighty unreasonable demand. For this price?! what do you expect? phone with built in microwave oven?!

0.3 MP camera is shoddy, but at least its a VGA camera. It's pretty clear for a 0.3 MP camera, though. The 5 way navigation methodology could be reworked to be more intuitive, but its ok.

I have used both the DKU-2 and bluetooth to connect this phone, and both work fine. R connect speeds are great. the heating problem that people

All in all, i liked it. It does everything i expect it to do, and a bit more.

38918[/snapback]

Thanks. Thats all we required, an honest opinion who has honestly used the phone for a long time. Thanks once again.

Just a question can you post the firmware version of your cell and also can we send concantenated messages (long msg - more than 1 at a time) or only the limit is 160 chararcters.

One more important thing do we hear any sort of static while using the ear piece and does it get hot/warm in 5 or 10 min like other CDMA cell phones.

remember your opinion counts.

Regards,

Mitul

Yes Mitul,

It does get warm.....but does not effect me cause I use Blue tooth head set (Nokia HS-4W) and the phone is always lying on my office desk.

Hey Guys Good News it seems Reliance R world team are working on Nokia 6255, 1st they enabled Live Aajtak and Now massaging option is also enabled. this will be rocking.

Edited by clickrudra

It has only 2 options so far

webmail and office mail

Hi, is support for Apple Mac OS X available ? I have PowerBook G4 15" and am thinking of purchasing this 6255, but don't know whether drivers/software for internet connection using this will be available for Mac. If anyone can throw some light and better point to resources, i will appreciate.

Thanks,

Kanny