Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

:previous: Which one did you buy? Any idea which brand Optical drives are currently the most reliable? The Moser Baer (Liteon) I had bought sometime ago did not last much... and as per their policy they don't repair. If its in warranty it is replaced. Else you just have to trash it.

Good offers on Pen drive from letsbuy.com

Strontium 16 GB USB Bold Pen Drive @ 786 after the discount code rcomlb1

SanDisk 16GB PenDrive @ 807 after the discount code

SanDisk 4 GB Pen Drive @ 217 after discount code.

Rajan Bhai :signthankspin: for the discount code.

:previous: Which one did you buy? Any idea which brand Optical drives are currently the most reliable? The Moser Baer (Liteon) I had bought sometime ago did not last much... and as per their policy they don't repair. If its in warranty it is replaced. Else you just have to trash it.

Got a Sony. I too had a liteon that didnt last even 2 years. I also have a sony which has been going on for about 4 years. Lately it started giving me problems (the tray wont open at all). So had to get a new one.

Got a Sony. I too had a liteon that didnt last even 2 years. I also have a sony which has been going on for about 4 years. Lately it started giving me problems (the tray wont open at all). So had to get a new one.

The Moser Baer branded Liteon DVD writers were really bad - I have 2 other friends whose drives went bad just after just 1.5 years approx. Totally unacceptable. On the other hand, I have a LG CD writer that was good for over 5 years. It still works, but now its not reliable and works erratically. Time to chuck it all out. I'm inclined towards LG, but dunno how the current ones are.

@tanveer @raccoon

And who do you both think makes majority of SONY Optical Drives? It's good old Liteon!! tongue.gif

Anyway this is my current rating for overall quality/reliability of optical drive brands (In that order..)

-Plextor

-Pioneer

-Asus/Sony/LG (Asus/Sony a notch better than LG because they insist on better OEM components than LG)

-Samsung

-Liteon

^

I would never dream to use such a charger for a costly device. It charged but not worth the risk.

I too have ordered it but now thinking waste if it is such low quality. Do you think the Tradus Philips charger is better? I still have the INR 100 discount coupon so that comes to INR 105 net price.

hey dude is the Rs.100 voucher still working on tradus ? if you dont mind can you share with us!

thanks

Edited by shanusmarty

today bought acer 4738 - 38G50Mnkk for 23500 Rs. from Nehru place

core i3 processor

2 GB DDR3 RAM

500 GB HDD

14"

Linux loaded.

good value for money

PLUS

HP deskjet 1000 printer for 1575 Rs.

its a very basic printer, I needed for doc printing.

@ rajan bhai ...

is any reliable site selling Mobiles with sbi EMI option

Online there is Gift360.in here http://www.gift360.i...submenuheader=0 but all mobiles are horribly overprized (They have to recover interest somehow.. There is no free lunch)

Another option for SBI card is buying mobiles from physical Aircel Stores & pay in 3 EMI's. Details here http://www.sbicard.c...el-landing.html

3rd option is buying from anywhere above Rs 2,500 and convert to EMI through SBI Cards flexipay scheme, Details here http://www.sbicard.c...n_fp_mas_042011

Personally i won't suggest any of this credit card EMI schemes. They are never FREE & turns out costly. Heavy interest & processing fees are always factored either in product price or EMI. But if one is totally tight on liquidity and lure of goodies is irresistable, then it's a different matter altogether. Still be wise & count the total damage first..

• Like 2

@rajan bhai

thanks bhyaa ...

I know sony is made liteon. If you search this forum, you might find a two three year old post by redshift(no more active as a member here) that states the same.

That was the reason I bought a liteon but that didn't last even half the time my Sony did.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

hey dude is the Rs. 100 voucher still working on tradus ? if you dont mind can you share with us!

thanks

Have used it sorry.

@tanveer @raccoon

And who do you both think makes majority of SONY Optical Drives? It's good old Liteon!! tongue.gif

Anyway this is my current rating for overall quality/reliability of optical drive brands (In that order..)

-Plextor

-Pioneer

-Asus/Sony/LG (Asus/Sony a notch better than LG because they insist on better OEM components than LG)

-Samsung

-Liteon

If Liteon supplies drives to Sony, yet Sony drives are said to be better than Liteon, isn't it really strange that LiteOn is making crap for itself (or at least for Moser Baer) and better stuff for Sony? confused.gif

As for Plextor and Pioneer are they even available in India? Not seen them in shops and after seeing your post, checked on eBay too. None available. Asus are available on eBay; but prices are higher than LG drives available in shops here (not seen Asus in shops around my area at least). Do you think it will be a better buy compared to the cheaper LGs I can get in shops here?

Edited by raccoon

hey dude is the Rs. 100 voucher still working on tradus ? if you dont mind can you share with us!

thanks

Have used it sorry.

dude it can be used again! :)

so share if u wish to!

thanks but it dint worked! may b user specific!:confuse:

thanks but it dint worked! may b user specific!:confuse:

tradus 100 off on 499

code SPEDS13

HTC Desire Z, Full slide out QWERT Keyboard Android at Rs 17,099 http://www.saholic.c...z-a7272-1000533

It is still selling at Rs 24-25K Online on other sites.

Specs http://www.htc.com/w...cification.html

htc-desire-z-a7272-Slide-out-1308016405469.jpg

Edited by rajanmehta

Exciting offer on BlackBerry Tour 9630 Reliance CDMA Handset

MRP Rs. 27,990 Offer Price Rs. 14,990 You Save Rs.13,000 (46%)

Features3.2 MP Camera

256 MB internal memory

Built-in GPS

Enhanced Media Player

Bluetooth

http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Product/Mobile+Phones/CDMA+Handsets/BlackBerry+Tour+9630+Reliance+CDMA+Handset/2439399

^ ^ ^

Sold Out

Hi, rajanmehta

android mobile with dual sim. pls provide cheapest option.

Donno whether this qualifies to be here -

Honda drops prices of the City, base variant now Rs 7.5lakh, down by 66,000. other variants down by 45,000. Feeling the heat from the New Verna/Fiesta?