Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Thank you DK for all the help (as usual) to help me get all the right utilities and procedures to set up and run my brand new EPIC! :)

touch sensing on epic is amazing... It's really spouted superb.

I keep kicking myself for not making the switch to Android earlier. But I am most impressed by the Swype keyboard. A hardcore physical keyboarder like me has been slowly but surely weaned away towards using the Swype keyboard on Epic.

touch sensing on epic is amazing... It's really spouted superb.

Yes, I realised the difference yesterday, when I used a Nexus One on 2.2 (about to get 2.3 soon) yesterday and the touch response was quite laggy compared to the Epic. Epic's touch response has set a industry benchmark in my ho...

need help.. cant browse internet on EPIC. have set default page to google. it works perfect with wi-fi connection. but if i try direct access from phone, without wi-fi, its not working. i can see up/down arrows on status bar. but no page is displayed.

after sometime, i get message that as if phone has detected network. pls help....

Chk data being on or off... Rebooting at times helps reconnect data. Does gtalk connect?

Chk data being on or off... Rebooting at times helps reconnect data. Does gtalk connect?

restarted, but still no luck. even gtalk not working.

how to chk data is on or off...

^

Your problem has now been solved. Download quick settings to toggle data on/off (settings already discussed before in this topic)

Found- (also updated in surprises in post #7)

- swiping horizontally on the notification bar increases or decreases the brightness

- the calculator automatically turns to scientific calculator when viewed in landscape

Edited by dkaile

problem solvd. hetal did some settigs and its working 4 last couple of hours..

thanx again Hetal..

also thnx to dhiraj..

Tip and Treat -

to get onscreen onscreen scroll buttons with lots of options while editing in any text box just swype your finger from the S (swype) Key (bottom left corner) to the SYM key and voila Narnia's door opens up... lol - very useful in epic due to lack of scroll pad...

post-18748-0-64999100-1289969026_thumb.p

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

If u go by the forum u will get all the reviews of phones owned by him.

and they are simply awesome

Keep up the good work dhiraj bhai

I am really struggling to get GPS working. Tried cold start as well as GPS Status. Gurus please help....

set to cold start, reboot, then try gps test app; stand under open sky; u will get lock in 30 seconds

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Fascinate,Samsung-Epic-4G,Samsung-Continuum/phones/4748,4720,4823

comparision between epic and fascinate.

handsets look very similar epic = fascinate + keyboard + front camera + a little extra ram onboard

suggestion required: if somebody does not want a keyboard can they go for fascinate?

@cavarun yeah you can go for it.. fascinate has inbuilt memory of abt 2gb (based on link). missing parts are front camera and keyboard. fascinate has bluetooth 3.0, radio etc..

i think price will not be different for the 2.. it will be almost same as features 99% same..

so its your personal choice...

also check whether android 2.2 update will be available or not..

Edited by csmart

^^^ I think Android update will be available simultaneously for both since they're both relatively new releases from Sammy stable..

Fascinate will be slimmer. If you are not someone who does a lot of texting ( even if you do, the Swype onboard keyboard actually rocks the socks off the physical keyboard when typing regular words) then go for Fascinate. If you type a lot of messages in ethnic lingo using english alphabets, then physical keyboard is more user friendly :)

Talking of the GPS apps.. are you guys using the default Maps or the Sygic version? I'm asking cuz I'm not a big GPS user and have yet to use even the default Maps app on my Epic as yet. Would like to have the app primed for functionality though, and would like a suggestion of whether to go with default app or Sygic.

http://www.phonearen.../4748,4720,4823

comparision between epic and fascinate.

handsets look very similar epic = fascinate + keyboard + front camera + a little extra ram onboard

suggestion required: if somebody does not want a keyboard can they go for fascinate?

Fascinate

2GB ROM

512 RAM (386 - User Visible)

No Front Camera

116 Grams Litest Superphone

EPIC

1GB ROM (768 Visible)

512 RAm (386 - User Visible)

Key Board

156 (Litest Keyboard based Super Phone)

Anybody who dont like Keyboard can use Fascinate, i am using Both

Talking of the GPS apps.. are you guys using the default Maps or the Sygic version? I'm asking cuz I'm not a big GPS user and have yet to use even the default Maps app on my Epic as yet. Would like to have the app primed for functionality though, and would like a suggestion of whether to go with default app or Sygic.

Both are totally different without any comparisons, better you keep both.

Google Maps require data and don't provide voice navigation (except you are using modified Google maps like Brut Google Maps which provide voice navigation and caching of map tiles on SD card).

On the other hand, Sygic / NDrive maps are totally offline maps with voice guided navigation.

did it

works great

even inside if wirless network is marked]

set to cold start, reboot, then try gps test app; stand under open sky; u will get lock in 30 seconds

Q:

Sir can u PM me to configure Rworld and how to use RWorld WAP setting for browsing

I am using 299 Mobile internet plan.

Thanks

ajittejwani

Ans: http://mobile5.in/forums/index.php?/topic/127-rworld-settings-for-htc-hero-eris-nexus-one/

Q:

Since last couple of days I can’t browse any website & not able to open MARKET from my nexus thru wi-fi mode whereas all other application like skype, gtalk etc are working normally with wifi, if it’s GPRS all appl. working fine.Can you tell me what can be problem ?

kepal PATEL

Ans: Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications

2. Chose All

3. Find Market

4. Push on it and select Clear data DO THIS FOR ALL APPS GIVING YOU PROBLEMS

For Gmail: Settings > Applications > Manage applications > press menu > Filter > All > Gmail > Clear cache and Clear data. Go back to the Manage all applications, go to Gmail, Storage Clear cache and Clear data.

Anybody having issues with wifi staying connected? My wifi disconnects very often and then refuses to reconnect even though it detects the SSID. I have set the wifi sleep mode to Never so that the phone remains on even when phone screen goes off, but it doesnt resolve the issue. Any heads up on this issue?

check your router also, whether any loose power connection; also check network strength;

otherwise once again reset/toggle ur sleep policy to never, then reboot phone and check..

also to reconnect wifi, do it through settings-wireless and networks-wi-fi settings.... from there it will detect wifi immediately...

Edited by dkaile