Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

thers wierd problem in contacts.. any conacts with "Mr." or "Mrs." are shown in "M". while on website, gmail, its shown in respective alphabet..

its strange...

^

Android 2.2 fixes this and you can also view contacts by surname first etc.

set to cold start, reboot, then try gps test app; stand under open sky; u will get lock in 30 seconds

Thanks Sir, tried once but didnt got the fix, will try again.........

@All Epic Users - Kindly update to the official DI 18 update asap... many gps and wifi issues are solved by that...

also uninstall any unsigned and beta apps; that can also cause wifi and gps issues

also remember reboot in android devices = shut off phone - then remove battery and sd card - wait 30 seconds - reinsert battery and sd card - switch on phone

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

My Wifi issue in Post#124 has been resolved thanks to DK. The issue was being caused by the app called SwiFTP which I had installed a few days ago for sharing the phone with PC wirelessly. On uninstalling the rogue app, my wifi issues have been fixed! Yay! :D

Caveat: Do not install SwiFTP. I had started a thread in the Android section with the title :"Wirelessly Transfer Files to/from Your Android Phone and Windows PC" Please do not install it or use that app, until further updates and the issues have been properly solved. I have sent a mail to the developer of the app as well, notifying him about the issue.

Edited by Anupe

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I discovered that you can back up all your contacts onto your SD card in vcard format. ( linked accounts included) To do this,

• Open your contacts application
  • Make sure All contacts are visible, unless you only want to back up certain groups.
  • Hit the menu button
  • Hit the Import/Export button

I'm presuming this will work for the HTC phones as well.

is it possible to log into 2 accoutn on gtalk on EPIC. it takes default accoutn and cant change default account also.

any good software for video chat using wi-fi?

Fro Video Chat QIK, fring, Tango and Yahoo Messenger is there

For Multiple Gtalk there are too much IM i have not used any but have a trial for fring, nimbuzz, IM+ etc

yahoo says it needs android 2.2 and will not work on Samsung Galaxy..

default gtalk on EPIC, does not allow log in for other than deault gmail account..

^

kya baat hai chirag... tumhari sari problems 2.2 se related hai!!! lolz... lets hope we get 2.2 within this month...

^

kya baat hai chirag... tumhari sari problems 2.2 se related hai!!! lolz... lets hope we get 2.2 within this month...

kyare kare dhirajbhai... certain thins are really basic.. or may be i m used to WimMo so think that way... hope 2.2 has these minor issues resolve....

^

I dont think u could ever do multiple chat in windows mobile ever; android is far far superior to anything windows ever created; small lacunas are always there as with all developing os's; though contacts name handling in android was always a known weakness; it needs one time adaptating to the new os, and then I can promise you you would never like to go back to wm...

^^ IM+ can handle multiple accounts in one time - thats equal to multiple windows. i am using it in my iphone4 never used it in android

Edited by Genius

i am not looking for mutliple log in IM... on EPIC, gatlk uses the default accoutn for chatting. it does not allow to log onto other user id.. even if you sing off and it will log into default account. no option to change user account.. i m looking for solution to solve this problem. may be my words wre not proper...

^

as hetal said, I think fring allows you to do that... also there are many programs available for that... just google search... one more is digsby... one more is meebo... link here - http://www.meebo.com/android/

for using multiple gtalk accounts on pc, here's the simple hack - http://www.addictive...-a-simple-hack/

however its a known google issue. Go here and click the star on top - http://code.google.c.../detail?id=4832 so that google solves it more quickly. PS- Oh, I see, you already commented... lolz... good on u..

on a personal note - I liked android because somehow it suited my personality. I like to keep things simple in my life, so does android. I keep only 1 main gmail account. Though I have created 5-6 more for business and family but forward mail from all those to my 1 single account. So things consolidate for me into 1 account. However, no 2 persons are alike; so android cannot fulfill everyone's aspirations... but its getting close..

Edited by dkaile

I have purchased Epic 4 days before,

Can u suggest or help to configure to R-world

and i am using WAP_Offnet subscription 99 but got charged Rs 1000

for Rconnect charges .Please help me

:signthankspin:

and i am using WAP_Offnet subscription 99 but got charged1000

@ajittejwani

were you able to investigate why were you charged so much in 4 days time for Data

(or) is there any settings related to Reliance that have not been made correctly done while registering,

9or) any thing like that, pls let us know

Thanks

and i am using WAP_Offnet subscription 99 but got charged1000

@ajittejwani

were you able to investigate why were you charged so much in 4 days time for Data

(or) is there any settings related to Reliance that have not been made correctly done while registering,

9or) any thing like that, pls let us know

Thanks

Actually I purchased handset on 11th evening and net on

but never connected with my PC and prior

i was using HTC Hero and on 13th i got sms telling me my unbilled

usage is high and my must pay and my STD facilities were deactivated

I paid and got my bill on 17th and i found that Rs 1022 were charged for Rconnect

services.Since then i have called Customer care 5 times but they

unable to help as they are saying Bill is not opening on their system.

Edited by ajittejwani

^

ask your seller to configure your phone's userid and pw properly; thats where your problem lies...

btw, who uses Rworld anymore? use proper username and pw with a proper plan....

@all prospective smartphone/epic/fascinate buyers-

You see I have told so many times its only half the job done when you buy a smartphone; but if its not properly configured you will never be able to use its full potential... so its very important from WHOME you buy and on whose advice.... otherwise you will keep on facing issues like this and keep loosing your hard earned money...

PS - I have no vested interest in any seller and this information is just given in good faith....

Proud Owner of Epic 4g.

Great review/guide/reference in one place. Thanks Dhiraj Bhai.

Newbie to samartphones and android world, but neverthless as techie, I want to make my hands dirty.

My Experience:

Wifi is super fast...

Stock ROM is little inadequete.. So looking fwd for rooting and custom ROMS.

Multimedia is best..because of GPU and Super Amoled. No Match I guess.

No Data yet from reliance.(How do I enable Data(1x as of now)?)

Android market is simple and superb.(Want to start with android development)

Dhiraj bhai..

Can we have Internet on Epic using bluetooth connected to Laptop where net is present, using GN OR NAP?

Read about it at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth

^

for bt sharing try this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754961

for configuring ur 1x data contact ur phone provider

Edited by dkaile

Thanks Dhiraj Bhai.

Visited the link.. but it was about ad-hoc wifi. I wanted to have point to point bt--bt network on laptop--phone.

Regards,

Deepak

Froyo, Ver DK17, Stock is good ROM without considerable improvement in speed. FROYO is visually more apealing for sure. SInce mail client I use - K9 crashes too often, I had to revert to 2.1

Its worth trying though because of almost instant GPS locking, GPS accuracy achieved was upto 2.7 meters against 30 meters in case of 2.1

Another of my stupid ones.

I installed quick settings to enabe and disable data as and when required. Today, the data wont come on and Quick settings forceclosed twice and I uninstalled quick settings

Now How to turn data back on??? :Ohhhh:

Hlp me o gurus