Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

I am using this phon from last 6 to 8 months, but at present i have some problem in batterios..i am not able to talk over 1 hour in one charging...., you have any klu about this problem....

I think this phone has got f***ed up batteries... One ofmy relatives also had this set for almost sameperiod when the batteries gaveway.... They changed over to NOKIA... I'm hoping like hell that mine works longer enuf

I am using this phon from last 6 to 8 months, but at present i have some problem in batterios..i am not able to talk over 1 hour in one charging...., you have any klu about this problem....

I think this phone has got f***ed up batteries... One ofmy relatives also had this set for almost sameperiod when the batteries gaveway.... They changed over to NOKIA... I'm hoping like hell that mine works longer enuf

For me either the battery is standing for long if we are so reachable to tower, if we are travelling they it wont stand, it is obvious with CDMA mobiles. Do any know why?

when we r far away from d tower for d signal searching handset transmit more radio frequency & for dat more power required therefore more battery needed & vice versa.Am i right experts.I hav little much technical idea also but because of poor english i am not able explain dat effectivly.

I don't agree,

This phone has got one the best batteries among LG cdma handsets. I am currently using one, and the battery lasts for 2 days on an average. Although I must admint that I am not a heavy user (about 500 mins per month).

By the way, long back in 2003, when I had 2030, I used to talk 1-1.5 hours at a stretch every day and the battery used to die-out in 2 hours. So its not just the battery quality alone but also your usage and network strentgh that decides the back-up time.

This phone has got one the best batteries among LG cdma handsets. I am currently using one, and the battery lasts for 2 days on an average. Although I must admint that I am not a heavy user (about 500 mins per month).

By the way, long back in 2003, when I had 2030, I used to talk 1-1.5 hours at a stretch every day and the battery used to die-out in 2 hours. So its not just the battery quality alone but also your usage and network strentgh that decides the back-up time.

6130 for two days back up???????? ;) cant belive that

6130 for two days back up???????? ;) cant belive that

That is why they say: "Seeing is believing".

Anyway, i already mentioned that i am not a heavy user now and use about 500 minutes a month i.e. 15-20 mins a day and I always get 100% signal strength... In such a situation, I do get 2 days backup.

6. Midi files and jpg images can be sent as attatchment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ringtones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest hindi midi ringtones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

dear basant i would like to know if the lg rd 6130 supports writing ringtones and images to phone from pc using usb data cable....

Edited by Chirag

dear basant i would like to know if the lg rd 6130 supports writing ringtones and images to phone from pc using usb data cable....

No it doesn't. U have to use the mms portal/receive mms from other rim ppl/download from RWorld or 8888. No other way possible.

Hi...

FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR LG 6135 AT A BARGAIN...

I have a 5 month old handset with bill and warranty, and I am ready to give it WITH ORIGINAL LG DATA CABLE AND SOFTWARE. Ready to sell at Rs. 4500, please call me if anyone's interested. The set is blank, and you can put prepaid or postpaid any type of RELIANCE number on it using GSK. Ready to courier anywhere in India through BLUEDART, but 300 courier charges extra will be payable.

Call on 9311146111, 9818096434 or mail at rohsum@yahoo.com

You both are correct. The charge in 6130 can stand for 2 days and in the same time it can get dry in half a day. Actually if you are in town or good coverage and signal strength area your battery will stand for even 2 days. but when you are travelling or when you are in teh tip of the coverage the charge will just fly off. This is my findings with 6130 what you all think?

This is my findings with 6130 what you all think?
Quite True. It was one of the best handsets available in that price bracket.

1 question --- Outgoing SMS length? 140/160 Characters?

hi chirag

outgoing sms length in this phone is 140 characters :blink:

thts bad really! But DAPO and the recent 180SMS Card r a saviour!

@kool_as_seth -- My 6130 turned 13 months yesterday, and I must say even today battery lasts for a minimum of 2 days with normal usage....My normal usage would mean about 40-45 minutes of talktime + 25-30 SMS daily.

Ok....I have now got a problem with the handset -- problem with the software actually. My MMS menu is behaving very awkwardly today -- I am not able to use the 'send MMS' option, also this is how the inbox and outbox is being displayed now--

4. MMS Inbox 0/-7046374MMS Outbox -70463743MMS Draft -35231871 Templates 11

5. MMS Outbox -70463743MMS Draft -35231871 Templates 11

6. MMS Drafts Draft -35231871 Templates 11

Rest all is fine...but not able to use MMS. I was in a meeting yesterday and had to siwtch off the phone by removing the battery -- just to avoid the annoying switch off tone...I believe this happened after that only.

Whatever, I am really satisfied with this set.....I used is very roughly, dropped it countless times off great heights, my niece has always played with this handset (instaed of a toy mobile).....but still it works brilliantly. As for this MMS issue, I am sure software upgrade would rectify it. What do you say guys?

btw, I dropped my kyocera 7135 a well, not once infact 7-8 times, and it is still working. :lol:

Cheers!

I used is very roughly, dropped it countless times off great heights, my niece has always played with this handset (instaed of a toy mobile).....but still it works brilliantly. As for this MMS issue, I am sure software upgrade would rectify it. What do you say guys?

btw, I dropped my kyocera 7135 a well, not once infact 7-8 times, and it is still working.

Just in the lighter mood... what do you work as... Baseball bowler or something...

also to all those who own the lg 6130 can u pls tell me if the 140 char sms problem means that u cannot recieve sms over 140 char or that u just cannot send any over 140 char or both...

Ya!! boss there is big problem.!!

Ya!! boss there is big problem to send / forward SMS to others...

what to do ?

Edited by Chirag

Even though the battery life not so good (as compared to nokia phones) it recharges surprisingly within less than an hour.

I'm a heavy user and sometimes i've to charge it twice in a day !!

I also have a Nokia 1100, its battery life is just amazing.. It lasts for 3 days without recharge.. too good.

also to all those who own the lg 6130 can u pls tell me if the 140 char sms problem means that u cannot recieve sms over 140 char or that u just cannot send any over 140 char or both...

Ya!! boss there is big problem.!!

Ya!! boss there is big problem to send / forward SMS to others...

what to do ?

Switch over to NOKIA :lol::lol::clap:

Hey my camera had been giving me a trouble for some time now yesterday I showed the set at CC these guys promptly replaced my Main CB for the phone but this is the second time I have got repairs done on the set. First time they replaced d screen it was a manufacture defect now its the pcb. And one visit I had to pay forsoftware upgrade... I am happy with the set but kind afraid with how frequent it goes bad cos its hardly done 9 months now... anyone else facing problems with the hardware.... HUH

Hey my camera had been giving me a trouble for some time now yesterday I showed the set at CC these guys promptly replaced my Main CB for the phone but this is the second time I have got repairs done on the set. First time they replaced d screen it was a manufacture defect now its the pcb. And one visit I had to pay forsoftware upgrade... I am happy with the set but kind afraid with how frequent it goes bad cos its hardly done 9 months now... anyone else facing problems with the hardware.... HUH

Hi imvikky:: i m agree wid u B couz the same happens to me also:: My charging point got defective: gave it to CC, they replace the Borad:: again i got the same trouble:: again gone To CC, again the replace the same:: and now its the third time the problem again occur n the bad thing is this that my warranty is expiriing today only:: i think LG service center ppl use sub standard or old Borads for replacement:: But must say when i was using Nokia i have never ever face this kinda problem atleast:: Does this kind of problem making a Question mark on the qaulity of LG phones?????????

Any suggestions?????????

If the charging port of ur PCB is giving trouble, please check ur charger's charging Pin. It shudn't be bent. If it is bent, then ur PCB can get damaged again n again. Its a bit delicate out there... Generally the LG ASC guys just solder the connection at the charging port on the PCB and return it back. They dont replace the PCB unless it is very necessary.

Hey I wanted a headphone for my lappy to use skype.... Any idea if I can use moblie handsfree for the same purpose...

Is it possible to get a computer headphone which is like a nokia boom type handsfree or one which is really handy with small mic n small insert type earpieces with just attached cables(no headband or neckband) for less....

Guys, please try to post in relevant forums only.Last Buy/Sell posts moved

i am having lg rd 6130 mobile phone can i get an FM headset for that mobile. if i can pls send me the link or tell me the model no of that headset.