Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

If u r a very new 6130 user, it might take a couple of days for u to be able to use the MMS Portal. Thats wat had happened for me and my cousin's phones.

But am not really sure abt the prepaid thingy, coz u dont have billing password!

39790[/snapback]

That's why! I am asking a few postpaid friends, to allow me to register using their handset. But it there anybody who can confirm the charges? Can't trust *333 for that!

Also, for last time, the webmail is under 'M' or 'U'?

Hey Even with 640*480 it doesnt fill up the screen.....

I tried all the resolutions ...top n bottom is white space in between comes the wallpaper..it doesnt look good that way....

Any help guys???

I tried all the resolutions ...top n bottom is white space in between comes the wallpaper..it doesnt look good that way....

Any help guys???

39827[/snapback]

hi my friend try wallpapers from truepolyphonic. Select the 128*128 pixel wallpapers. They will fill the entire screen

39827[/snapback]

Though i'm not very sure wid statistics to back up, but If u notice 6130 screens are squarish in shape. That means, u need a wallpaper which is square, like x pixel by x pixel. Try that, i've most wallpapers which fill the entire screen! And i dont seem to like them, coz it goes behind the clock!! :)

Check out the LOTR wallpaper on the forum, it fits completely on the screen!

ani_meher, did u try registering ur phone at the MY BILL section of Postpaid?? Does it work for prepaid? I know its silly but want to confirm, whether u r able to get a password that ways?

ani_meher, did u try registering ur phone at the MY BILL section of Postpaid?? Does it work for prepaid? I know its silly but want to confirm, whether u r able to get a password that ways?

39834[/snapback]

Yes, I am registered on the site. But that's it. I can't do any thing from that site except to see the page :)

I have made up my (and a prepaid guy's) mind to have a prepaid number registered over there. Only thing, the terriff remains in dark.

Hoping to join the 6130 gang at the earliest.

I am using this handset 6130 since dec3,2005, earlier i transfered MMS froms gmail and rediff, but after april it stopped then i came to know about the Portal after that i am ransfering MMS wallpaper and ringtone since now but i donot know reliance persons charging for DAPO customer.

Now i am planning to but Nokia 6225, can anyone tell me about this handset and the cost in delhi?

Yes, I am registered on the site. But that's it. I can't do any thing from that site except to see the page  :)

39843[/snapback]

If u r registered at the site and have a valid Password, then wat is left is to visit the MMS Portal and login there and compose ur MMS with Wallpapers and Ringtones! Shud work. Try that out and let us know.
Now i am planning to but Nokia 6225, can anyone tell me about this handset and the cost in delhi?

39881[/snapback]

Nokia aspirers are barred from this thread! :P 6225 info on the Nokia Forum. Not here! ;)

If u r registered at the site and have a valid Password, then wat is left is to visit the MMS Portal and login there and compose ur MMS with Wallpapers and Ringtones! Shud work. Try that out and let us know.

I visited the MMS portal you gave, I entered the username-password, and the page loaded showing

Login failed. Please try again.

Currently, MMS service through this portal is not supported for the kind of handset you are using ! This feature will be enabled soon.

Is it because they know I am using 2330, or something that is not supporting R-World, or because I am not a postpaid user :P ?

BTW, it's really nice of you guys, for being helpful! :)

Well well, i assumed that u were using a 6130. Thats wat the thread is abt. This MMS Portal will work only for 6130 or 6000 handsets as of now. If u've logged in from any other handset Number/Password, it wont work.

And yes, they know which handset u r using. Thats how they relay the specific R-World Content for u!

Actually I was about to buy 6130 yesterday only, but... Till that time, I was just clearing my doubts about this phone, and that's why I am finally getting this handset.

Mostly I am getting it by tomorrow (hopefully), and then will let you know whether they have started allowing the mms site to prepaid guys.

Thanks for the help.

Thats wat the thread is abt. This MMS Portal will work only for 6130 or 6000 handsets as of now. If u've logged in from any other handset Number/Password, it wont work.

And yes, they know which handset u r using. Thats how they relay the specific R-World Content for u!

39924[/snapback]

It works for Nokia 6255 as well, (though there is not much use as transferring files and images from and to the phone is very easy in this case. )Guess its for all the click and send phones.

And yes they do know which handset you are using. I guess the RSN number is registered on the nework and that gives them the info!

it works for N6255 probs coz thats one more handset which has native MMS. 6130 n 6000 also have Native MMS. MMS in these phones is not part of R-World.

Guys, sorry to be a bit off topic, but can someone pls help me getting LG6130 in Mumbai for less than 6000? Pls give addresses of the shops. Also, is it possible to get the 1000 Rs extra talktime now?

Chirag, Ashokshoft... and all the mumbaikars, pls help. I need the cell ASAP.

Who you need now is not Chirag or Ashoksoft but munnamobile. Contact him, and as he is back on the forums now after the deluge, I hope he will be able to get you the best prices.

Ya, I contacted Munnamobile, he has it for about 6000, but his shop is still renovating, and meeting at some place etc. is not convenient for me. That's why I am asking for shop addresses. If you spot any such rates in any shops in your area (preferably in Dadar or CST/Churchgate), pls do post or PM.

I have bought the 6130 today, for Rs6000 in Thane. Great piece, so far.

I am not yet able to send mms online using my prepaid number. It shows

Login failed. Please try again.

Currently, MMS service through this portal is not supported for the kind of handset you are using ! This feature will be enabled soon.

Mostly will get some postpaid friend registered soon. Can anyone whose Email mms is working, pls send me the Gayatri mantra tone posted in the 6130 ringtones thread? Pls post of PM if you can

<<<<<<<<Addition>>>>>>>>.

Guess what? I just sent the gayatri mantra to my handset from yahoo!!! :):lol: I used all the 4 ids, 9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com, 093xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com, 9193xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com, 093xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com. Don't know which one worked, but I got the ringtone! B)

But amazingly, all the mails lateron haven't yet received :rolleyes: . I have mailed some *.mid files, a *.wav and a 8.qcp file (obviously 1 in each mail) but none of those mails is received atleast till now. If it does, I'll let you guys know.

but how can this happen? how can the emails be received? Any light? :confuse:

<<<<<<update>>>>>>

I am able to log in to the MMs site, so it means prepaid guys can use it too. But it is showing the ususal "An internal error has occurred. The operation could not be completed." error, I guess I'll have to wait till it again comes back.

Will keep you updated on this front.

Edited by ani_meher

Hai Guys I am using Prepaid From The past 2 Months No Deduductions From the balance at all.........Atleast i sent around 50 mmmmmmmmmmms....to my mobile..........no problem.......no decrease in balance......happy mmsing

ani_meher, All of us have noticed that we were able to send a couple of tones from the Yahoo or Rediffmail accounts once or max twice... But after that it jus didn't work.

So dont know abt that now... Maybe u can try sending the tone from some other account and see if it works!

Other than that, the MMS Portal might give u some trouble for the 1st 2 days... Hold ur breath and keep trying! It shud work!

Hi people,

This is my first post on this forum, and I spent most of my time reading this thread.

I've been a Reliance customer since May 2003. I had an LG 2030 earlier, and in Dec 2004, I upgraded to the 6130.

One of the coolest features that I found in the 6130 (that hasn't been mentioned here yet), is the recent number memory in the SMS and MMS sending process...

Basically when you're done typing the SMS and you go to Send,

Options > Last

will give a list of the last 30 or so numbers that you have sent smses to (numbers and email-ids in case of the MMS). I don't know if this was there in other high-end models, but it definitely wasn't there in 2030. This feature makes my life so easy. The email address that I use as my album is almost always the first one on the last list in the MMS menu, and the numbers I frequently send sms to are also there on the last list, so neither do I have to go hunting in the phone book, nor do I need to remember the number.. Another cool thing is that you can assign quick call numbers, and just dial the quick call number in the send screen and press <Down> to select the number. even easier than going into the last menu.

Little details like this make the phone a breeze to use.

One feature that I miss, which was ironically there in the 2030, is the ability to save a number from inside the text of an SMS. While they added the send contact info feature (ability to insert a number from your phone book into an sms), it was wierd to remove the save number feature. Also, it would have been better if the send contact info would also include the name of the sender instead of just the number.

Unfortunately, I got wet last Saturday in the deluge of rains that is pouring on Bangalore right now, and my poor phone took the toll :clap: . The screen has probably conked off, and will take some significant contribution from my pocket with it to its grave. I'm missing my phone so much... :P

On a parallel note, a lot of the wishlist features on this thread (Bluetooth, IR, etc.) have been introduced in Nokia 6255. I considered changing to that handset, but am holding back waiting for more reviews... Any one else thinking along the same lines???

I got a 6255 around ... picked it up for someone. One thing .... this baby overheats like hell! after about 20 mins on the call .... u feel the heat on ur cheeks!! I do not think 6130 has such issues (not quite sure)

So brilliantnut before u go in for a kill .... try a test drive ... borrow a friends 6255 and ask someone with a rim2rim free to call u.... check if the heating is not an issue.... well yes if u use a headset ... the problem is summarily solved!

Cheers

Ashok

I've been using 6255 for over a month now and being a dapo customer, talk for long durations. But my cell never gets heated(definately not as much as my prev 2030). Infact only time it gets heated is while playing games for long. 6255 rocks!! All u 6130 guys, its time to switch :P

PS- sorry for off-topic post but i was just replying to prev post :P

since last few days mms portal is not not working. it gives error when i try to upload a picture or a ringtone. r u people facing the same problem or it is exclusive to me?

<< NO DOUBLE POSTING, Deepak -- Chirag >>

Edited by Chirag

Options > Last

will give a list of the last 30 or so numbers that you have sent smses to (numbers and email-ids in case of the MMS). I don't know if this was there in other high-end models, but it definitely wasn't there in 2030. This feature makes my life so easy. The email address that I use as my album is almost always the first one on the last list in the MMS menu, and the numbers I frequently send sms to are also there on the last list,

Little details like this make the phone a breeze to use.

40312[/snapback]

Yeh Brilliant, thats really wat i like. I did mention it once on one of the 6130 topics, sometime back. Such small things really make it good! am also 1 of those aspirants for 6255-like phones. But am not going for it so soon. Maybe 2006 wud b the time for me.

Hi,

Can any body tell me how can i reach in Field service option in LG 6130 handset.

if any body know pls tell me.

thanks

Dks

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Is it possible to send pictures from 6130 to any email id using MMS? (Y / N)

While using lg link it says

"No response from the phone"

"Recheck the connecting condition"

Any Suggestions?

26676[/snapback]

I am having same Problem. Plz Help me its urgent.

I need to transfer Iamge from LG 6130 to PC.

but with LGlink i am not able to connect to phone.