Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP Retention Offer You Received

Rcom is playing dirty game.....They offered me 100 rupees discount for 3 months, for this they made me to sign on paper.

Post two months of signing i have not received any kind of discount . When i opt for port out and went to Aircel Store they intimated me i can not port out from Reliance as i have a contract of 3 months !!!!

Mujhe na discount mila na hi main port out kar sakta hoon for 3 months ..........................it is cheating???

^

That is, you should complain to CC and nodal officer.

^

That is, you should complain to CC and nodal officer.

I already done that,just got ref.token no. nothing else.

rcom s**ks ..in delhi and ncr rcom is the worst provider tht was the major reason i ported to tata....most part of the day the network is busy even whn outgoing or incoming.....no or ver litte network on the ground floors..network outrages..rcom is sick...

Rcom is playing dirty game.....They offered me 100 rupees discount for 3 months, for this they made me to sign on paper.

Post two months of signing i have not received any kind of discount . When i opt for port out and went to Aircel Store they intimated me i can not port out from Reliance as i have a contract of 3 months !!!!

Mujhe na discount mila na hi main port out kar sakta hoon for 3 months ..........................it is cheating???

Kindly immediately take it to the purview of DoT(ddgpg-dot@nic.in) and TRAI(ca@trai.gov.in).

Please also register your complaint in http://pgportal.gov.in/

After 8-9 years finally it's time to break up with RCOM,will never going to believe them for any retention offer.

Got very good port-in offer from Vodafone

Rental - 299

Talktime - 800 minutes.

SMS - 200 p.m.

GPRS - 2 GB @ 99/- p.m.

call charges - 0.30 paise flat rate after free usage of 800 minutes.

Kae Droidji....

Have some mercy on poor TATAs....If you are going to take sooooooo much freebies.... They won't survive to offer you the next one....

Heard the story of that Golden Egg laying Hen? Sorprendido.gif

BTW Kanaga always extracts the maximum....Good Going... :)

Haha, Rajan bhai... But this achievement is nothing when comparing to what you have got from the KANCHOOS Vodafone :Riendo: , imho...

Yes, I know the golden words "Murgha se Andaa laelo... Kaatna Nahi..." and I know when to stop beating, so that they won't die :rofl_200: and give me further good offers after say reduction in IUC...

Further, they didn't get my sign on contract for retaining in their network for 6 months minimum (a practice followed by TataCDMA atleast afaik) and to avoid getting FEW MORE EXTRA FREEBIES during that 6 months period apart from the retention offers :Contento: ... So still I can beat them a little more and they can survive :rofl_200: ...

Reliance GSM Offered Rs 100 Discount Per Month on Billing For Next 6 Months

After 8-9 years finally it's time to break up with RCOM,will never going to believe them for any retention offer.

Got very good port-in offer from Vodafone

Rental - 299

Talktime - 800 minutes.

SMS - 200 p.m.

GPRS - 2 GB @ 99/- p.m.

call charges - 0.30 paise flat rate after free usage of 800 minutes.

Have you ported to Vodafone? I ported 2nos from Loop to Vodafone and they did not give any offer. I'm now trying to get this offer. Please give me your mobile no.

Reliance GSM Offered100 Discount Per Month on Billing For Next 6 Months

Is this effective immediately or like RCDMA whose waiver offers are applicable from next billing cycle. Also RCDMA plan changes offered for retention are applicable from next billing cycle and not mid cycle.

From Next Billing Cycle

These days changes for RCDMA take place from Next Billing Cycle.

You even don't get confirmation what will be applicable for your Number from next Billing Cycle.

^

Yes CC explanation is this is due to customer preference as customers wanted all changes to be aligned to billing cycle otherwise it was confusing for customers for mid cycle changes. Who will explain to CC why a customer would want retention benefits to be applicable from next cycle.

Was on 770 onnet plan for RCDMA and required RCDMA STD free, got offered 440 onnet plan and rupees 100 waiver on other network call charges.

I am on the same 440 plan. Should I ask them to give me retention plan - same 440 but with100 waiver on other network ? If they give it is best suited to me.

I called up CC. But he told me that I was on the best plan and he tried to convince me. He was tough guy to crack. So I called up once again and talked to a girl. She tried to pass me to the retention department but that was busy for long time. So she told me that she would ask the retention dept. to call me back. However, its been 5 days since then and nobody called me. I think I need to call them again.

But I would like to ask you one question. The ₹ 100 discount that you got was for 6 months or for continuous period of time ?

^

It is for 3 months and activated from next billing cycle after they retain. The CC do not give out the retention plans, there is a MNP retention department who offer these, you should first generate a port code then they would call you to retain, else you can call them up and ask CC to transfer to MNP retention department.

previous.gif You can ask to be transferred to retn. dept. and they will oblige with retention offers??? Are you sure?

^

Cannot say for sure that they will oblige it depends on the retention officer involved and level of grievance of the customer, but generally if one gives a port request then call CC they would transfer to MNP retention department, after that it is the customer's onus to extract a retention offer according to requirement. If you go through this thread some people have got incredible retention offers.

• Like 1

But to avail ₹100 off just for 3 months, is not very attractive offer for me.

I am already on ₹440 plan. I need ₹100 off for very long period or atleast ₹50 pack free for calling the local numbers at 50p and also an SMS pack. If they are not offerring any of these for a longer duration, there is no point for me to bargain.

One should not expect the same offers to remain life long or for very long period for any Operator. It's a function of how telcos are measuring net impact of MNP. Expect them to continuously change their strategies every quarter by modifying MNP retention plans as clear data becomes available.

Vodafone is no longer offering CC175 Plan (Many here consider it as the BEST One Can Get) which i got when they were fearful of large number of port outs in the initial phase.. Eventually they turned out to be largest gainers in MNP and quickly dropped that plan.

As far as Reliance is concerned, they told me that this billing discount offers of Rs 100 is tied with how long you are committing to remain on the network... 3 Months...6 Months.. Longest period for which they are offering the discount NOW is 6 months. Thereafter one can Call CC and get the same offer renewed again. How valid that promise is remains to be seen!!!

^

Cannot say for sure that they will oblige it depends on the retention officer involved and level of grievance of the customer, but generally if one gives a port request then call CC they would transfer to MNP retention department, after that it is the customer's onus to extract a retention offer according to requirement. If you go through this thread some people have got incredible retention offers.

Yes, I know that it could work in the passive way. But if you call CC and actively ask to be transferred the retention dept. and ask them for retention plans, will that work? I doubt it.

Anyway, I did send a port request from my RGSM twice. No calls from them at all. They ain't bothered.

But to avail ₹100 off just for 3 months, is not very attractive offer for me.

I am already on ₹440 plan. I need ₹100 off for very long period or atleast ₹50 pack free for calling the local numbers at 50p and also an SMS pack. If they are not offerring any of these for a longer duration, there is no point for me to bargain.

They offered me for 3 months because they also gave a lower rental plan to me, 440 in place of my existing 770, and they told me that the system allowed maximum of 3 months only. Suggest you could talk to them and see what they are offering. Plus as Rajan bhai has correctly said they can renew the discount in slabs of 3 months, try talking and see what they offer.

Moreover it seems you are OK to be with RCDMA for very long period so why do you not go for ARP4999 plan then? Rental comes to 417+tax per month instead of 440+tax, plus call charges of local at 40p and STD at 75p vs 99p and 1.49 rupees as in 440 plan. This will offer you some saving.

Plus note than 440 is discontinued plan so if you do circle change it will lapse while ARP4999 is active plan so it works across circles.

• Like 1

^

Yes, I know that it could work in the passive way. But if you call CC and actively ask to be transferred the retention dept. and ask them for retention plans, will that work? I doubt it.

Anyway, I did send a port request from my RGSM twice. No calls from them at all. They ain't bothered.

When directly calling CC and asking for transfer to retention department they generally ask for the issue and try to put caller on hold and check themselves rather than transferring, however in some cases they do transfer after you describe the issue and if mentioning that you have already talked to retention department for the issue. Note CC told me there is a specific MNP retention department who can offer the retention offers, there is seemingly another retention department which deals with same operator grievance e.g. postpaid to prepaid conversion or number termination. Not sure if this is valid information though, hence I suggested generating port code and talking to MNP retention department.

^^^^

Yes, I am ok to be with RCDMA just because of the ₹440 plan. The ARP4999 plan is for a year. For saving, I m using an additional Vodafone sim of 1p/s. My large usage is R2R STD (around 1000+ min/month) and also R2R local (around 300 min). It not only saves my billing but also of my parents and my wife's. Also, I am not at all comfortable with the idea of paying 4999 upfront. My belief is that in this era of telcos facing cut throat competition, it is not a prudent idea to pay ₹4999 upfront. Who knows what new offers come our way from other telcos ?

No, changing circle has no impact on plan. Yes, it will change my number but not my plan. And that I have done previously.

^

OK then I suggest you generate port code and have a word with MNP retention department and see if/what they offer if you threaten port out, no harm in trying. All the best.

After a long experience with Reliance right since its inception into CDMA, finally I have moved out. I was offered retention plan which I have in writing from reliance official and later after a month they said they cannot give me that plan and other freebies.

Have left Reliance but my experience was worst as now I dont trust the company at all. Believe me I have few emails in writing, but now when they say we cannot offer that, as a customer what can i do? Better switch....

Have 3 other Reliance numbers and will be porting out soon..