Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP Retention Offer You Received

Thanks for the update, now I should try my luck :P

Is MNP coming for Landline/Broadband too ???

I am feeling so because of the offer given by Airtel Broadband for my LL.

According to the plan just pay for calls worth 500 and enjoy unlimited local and std calls after that, means unlimited local/std for 500I am already getting UL 512 kbps for only 449+taxes.

ye to sone pe suhaga hai..

hi.

i am also an Airtel broadband user from delhi.. Please tell in detail what plan you are using in Airtel and whats the new offer u have got.

Then i will also ask them for the same.

Thanks

For both my 2 Voda Chennai prepaid numbers, recently I gave a Port out request and instantly I was called and they offered me the following carrots: -

1. Roaming at 50ps both in and out.

2. 4GB GPRS free totally for 3 months

3. STD at 30 ps/mt for all south states.

4. 10ps/mt V2V and V2other mobiles at 50 ps/mt and lootingly V2LL at 99ps/mt.

5. All India STD at Re 1 for 3 minutes

All the above offers are for 3 months, so I asked them after that? They replied - these offers will most likely continue for you. And out of the above 5 offers, I was asked to select any 3 offers and they will be activated automatically within 48 hours. AND IT DID. In one of my Voda, I chose 1,2, and 3 and in the other Voda - I chose 2,3 and 4.

CONTRAST THE ABOVE WITH RCOM - they are still fumbling with offers. They do not want to give any offers nor do they allow the customer to even switch over. For my RCDMA prepaid number on which I wanted INP to RGSM, they are unable to do it right even after 38 days. I Ported out on 20 Jan 2011 itself and today is 26 Feb 2011, a delay of 38 days and still counting... They never thought that MNP will be implemented at all and were not at all ready for MNP. They are still fumbling in the dark and cannot do an INP also currently. All these 38 days they were consoling me with, "today it will be done +vely, there is some technical issue". Still the technical issue has not got sorted out. In my case, 4 parameters out of 5 are sorted out and the 5th parameter is still remaining unsorted. No idea when it will get sorted out. But yes, once done, I will get the same benefits as I have currently on my RCDMA - like callertune, tariffs (incldg roaming, which normally goes to the new roaming tariffs otherwise) and also my RCDMA Balance will get transferred to RGSM. Hope it gets done soon.

Was on 770 onnet plan for RCDMA and required RCDMA STD free, got offered 440 onnet plan and rupees 100 waiver on other network call charges.

Because of Reliance stubbornness to stick to their data plans for RCDMA (NUC charges and refusal to give EVDO to any other set other then few Samsung or BB) look what has happened

As per Economic Times Report

"In the case of RCom (CDMA), as many as 1.34 lakh subscribers ported out, while 5,717 ported in."

Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/news/28638472_1_lakh-subscribers-mnp-services-cdma-operators

Even if they wont wake up yet (which I doubt they will) they might end up losing a hell lot more customer.

I personally called reliance CC and told them I want to port our and asked for the procedure . The guy Immediately transferred my call to MNP department where I spoke to a lady. I gave her my reason as NUC charges on their RCDMA network. She promised me that she will have someone call me within 24hrs to offer the best that they can do to retain me but its been a 4-5 days no call from them. It looks like they are not interested in retaining postpaid customers.

Was on 770 onnet plan for RCDMA and required RCDMA STD free, got offered 440 onnet plan and rupees 100 waiver on other network call charges.

Congrats. You had a good plan as per your usage.

You mean you got the old 440 plan with unlimited calls to RCDMA and RGSM as retention offer?

You mean you got the old 440 plan with unlimited calls to RCDMA and RGSM as retention offer?

Yes. This old 440 plan longback discontinued, and moreover with a offnet usage of Rs100

Sent a port-out request from my RGSM few days ago.. Got the code in a minute. But no calls or anything from them. They certainly don't seem to be too interested in retaining customers. Wondering if I should actually change. Considering Virgin with the 25p plan... but that will mean both my phones (Docomo) will be on same network... about which I am not keen. If one network is down, I won't be able to rely on the other. Decepcionado.gif Besides that, am not pleased enough with Docomo to have 2 phones on same network.

Edited by raccoon

I have 10 TataIndicom postpaid numbers (corporate connections including one WALKY)... Already all my staffs and family are enjoying 30p Local, 50p 1p/sec STD and 50p Roaming.. But still I sent PORT request due to "LACK OF VOLUME BASED DATA PLAN IN 1x for main number (mine)"...

Later on searching various research in their system, they came with a plan called "ME LITE" at Rs349 for 500MB data and 50p/MB thereafter... I laughed them asking "HSIA 300Rs pack gives 1GB of data on 3X and Rs349 1x pack gives 500MB of data????"... The retention head said, "HSIA can't be activated on NON-OMH handsets (I am using EPIC ;p ) and to reduce my burden he told to give "UnLimited FREE TATA to TATA (Incl Virgin, T24, Docomo, Indicom) for ALL MY TEN NUMBERS and he promised me to activate foreign handsets for my numbers as per my request"... Earlier he has done the ExtraTT of FB fan offer to my Docomo number.. So finally I accepted his offer..

He even has activated FREE TATA to TATA for my ZERO RENTAL Walky also... Further to check my MAXIMUM usage on 1x, I have made FULL usage of data from my mobile during LAST MONTH (at 40p/min) and I was billed for data around Rs980 and I have consumed around 379MB in 30 days.. They even discounted that amount from my bill..

So the retention offers received are:-

1. One month FREE Data worth Rs980.

2. UnLimited FREE Tata to Tata (NO RENT) for all my numbers..

3. Promise for FREE activation of Foreign handsets for my family members' numbers...

4. Got the Rs990 FB fan offer amount for my Docomo number....

RETAINED...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Sent a port-out request from my RGSM few days ago.. Got the code in a minute. But no calls or anything from them. They certainly don't seem to be too interested in retaining customers. Wondering if I should actually change. Considering Virgin with the 25p plan... but that will mean both my phones (Docomo) will be on same network... about which I am not keen. If one network is down, I won't be able to rely on the other. Decepcionado.gif Besides that, am not pleased enough with Docomo to have 2 phones on same network.

I too had sent the port-out request too from my RCDMA postpaid connection a few days ago. Until now, there is no information from them. As cited in many places in this forum, it seems Reliance is not at all keen in preserving their existing customers..

Yes. This old 440 plan longback discontinued, and moreover with a offnet usage of Rs100

Very lucky indeed :)

Kae Droidji....

Have some mercy on poor TATAs....If you are going to take sooooooo much freebies.... They won't survive to offer you the next one....

Heard the story of that Golden Egg laying Hen? Sorprendido.gif

BTW Kanaga always extracts the maximum....Good Going... :)

Edited by rajanmehta

Thanks MS. Yes did get this, however the 100 offnet has not been activated yet and is for 3 months only.

If someone is sure about their onnet STD requirements for longer term and would definitely stick with same network for 1 year, then I suggest they go for ARP 4999 plan which has same onnet benefit with better offnet call charges of 40p local/75p STD whereas in 440 it is 99p local/1.49 rupees STD.

I too had sent the port-out request too from my RCDMA postpaid connection a few days ago. Until now, there is no information from them. As cited in many places in this forum, it seems Reliance is not at all keen in preserving their existing customers..

Please call CC and ask for a retention plan. Based on your needs they should offer you certain plans. Mention that you are postpaid so high ARPU, do not expect them to call you first. RCDMA is losing so many customers that their retention department is overworked.

Subsequent to the Port Out Experience From Airtel here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__219632

I had Deposit with Airtel. Received the Bill for the remaining period after Port Out which showed a Credit Balance.

Did not do any follow up with Airtel for REFUND...Yesterday Received My Refund Alongwith A Letter.... 32 Days after Port Out...

Story does not end there....Airtel mentioned in the letter that "We have an irresistible offer that has been tailor-made for you" and wanted me to call on 9892012345...

Called Airtel.... The Offer is a Plan which they will offer if i RETURN to Airtel after completing 90 days mandatory period with other operator with the Same Number...

This is the Plan...

Plan Rental Rs 250

FREE

500 Minutes Local+STD

300 Local+National SMS

AFTER FREE (Told me same Rate For Local OR STD)

Airtel to Airtel 30 Paise

Airtel to Other 40 Paise

Airtel to Landline 50 Paise

SMS Rates after Free Local+National 30 Paise

ROAMING RATES

Airtel to Airtel 60 Paise

Airtel to Other 80 Paise

Incoming 60 Paise

Do we call this MNP Comeback Offer ? Riendo.gif

• Like 1

Great plan but how many users would go for multiple MNPs given that most port outs are taking long and is a harrowing experience for the users.

I am on the same 440 plan. Should I ask them to give me retention plan - same 440 but with Rs. 100 waiver on other network ? If they give it is best suited to me.

^

Yes you can but ask for more than 100 rupees discount in talk time, might be also ask for SMS 1p pack tariff waiver etc., as your rental is remaining same if you remain in 440 plan.

I think your requirement is RCDMA-RCDMA STD free, in that case there are only two options that retention department are giving - either 440 or ARP4999. If you are sure to remain with RCDMA and your requirement is fixed for 1 year then instead of 440 go for ARP4999 plan where you pay 4999 plus tax as rental upfront for a year (comes less than 440 rental per month), then you pay only usge amount in each bill. The offnet call charges in ARP4999 are much lower of 40p local and 75p STD. But with ARP4999 you would not get additional discount as it is already a retention plan.

Please call CC and ask for a retention plan. Based on your needs they should offer you certain plans. Mention that you are postpaid so high ARPU, do not expect them to call you first. RCDMA is losing so many customers that their retention department is overworked.

Thanks. Someone from the retention department had called me after a couple of days. They offered me the ARP 4999 plan; and I gladly accepted the gesture. :)

Don't trust on them(Rcom).....

In retention offer they had given me Rs-100 discount for 3 consecutive months but in my current bill it is not reflecting , as earlier they told me wait for next billing cycle.........

I am going to quit reliance and switching to Aircel.....

Aircel has following plan.

Rental: 799

Free Minutes: 2200(Local+ STD+ Roaming)/Month

Free SMS: 3500(Local + National)/Month

Data: 2 GB/Month

Dailer Tune: Free with unlimited shuffle

Post free minutes all calls would be charged as 1p/s

In Delhi Aircel has great network in comparison to Reliance, Tata and Idea as i have observed it by using its prepaid for 2 years.

Don't trust on them(Rcom).....

In retention offer they had given me Rs-100 discount for 3 consecutive months but in my current bill it is not reflecting , as earlier they told me wait for next billing cycle.........

I am going to quit reliance and switching to Aircel.....

Aircel has following plan.

Rental: 799

Free Minutes: 2200(Local+ STD+ Roaming)/Month

Free SMS: 3500(Local + National)/Month

Data: 2 GB/Month

Dailer Tune: Free with unlimited shuffle

Post free minutes all calls would be charged as 1p/s

In Delhi Aircel has great network in comparison to Reliance, Tata and Idea as i have observed it by using its prepaid for 2 years.

I agree with you buddy as i faced same problem , not given any discount as promised by retain dept.

Rcom is going topsy and turvy....even after the infusion of so much money and brainpower thy r not able to turn the fortune towards thm.....tata guys r better ...taking stakes in major companies allowing thm to use thier assests....even if thy dont hv the no of subscribers in their kitty still making profit ....

and in the process the customer is making a fool of himself.....

I sent a porting sms and got my code... Today, after three days, got a call from Reliance asking me why do I wanna shift!!

I had no valid reason since I am on DAPO, but still told them that its because of your data charges and the fact that my bill has been coming to around 1400 every month.. He immediately offered me a discount of 100 Rs. per month for the next six months so that I stay on with Reliance.

I have confirmed the same to him, but since my office pays for my bills, it doesn't really make a difference to me!! I am thinking I should have asked for pizza for the next six months :Contento: :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

Nice One :)

Rcom is going topsy and turvy....even after the infusion of so much money and brainpower thy r not able to turn the fortune towards thm.....tata guys r better ...taking stakes in major companies allowing thm to use thier assests....even if thy dont hv the no of subscribers in their kitty still making profit ....

and in the process the customer is making a fool of himself.....

Kepal bhai......they are cheater and they don't have any rule in business....just to gain customer they can do any thing.