Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

New Online Reservation Website For Indian Railways

yes brother honest... its too much.. agents book tickets in lot. and hence it shows waiting list... one has to make 4 months advance planning for tickets..

even im searching such agents who give confirm tickets even if it is waiting list....

they want money and nothing else. they say they are trying to eliminate agents but such actions allow agents to prosper more. this what you can expect from babus who travel for free. even banks do not provide Letter of Credit for 120 days with ease.

Thanks to our politicians our Big Indian Railways in Bankrupt

For 10 years no fare increase. Result - Dustbin coaches, No real capacity addition and most important - no big investment in safety

I booked a ticket in tatkal on IRCTC for tomorrow early morning. The status was waiting 3.

What I want to know is,

1. Is the waiting list different for Tatkal and general categories?

2. What happens if the seat is not confirmed till the time of preparation of chart? Do I get an automatic refund or do I have to cancel it?

3. What is the amount deducted in case I cancel I waitlisted tatkal ticket?

Could not find the answer to these.

@tanveer,

1.Yes, they are different

2.Yes, you'll get automaticrefund..

3.I think rs.20'll be deducted and the remaining amount'll be refunded..

I booked a ticket in tatkal on IRCTC for tomorrow early morning. The status was waiting 3.

What I want to know is,

1. Is the waiting list different for Tatkal and general categories?

2. What happens if the seat is not confirmed till the time of preparation of chart? Do I get an automatic refund or do I have to cancel it?

3. What is the amount deducted in case I cancel I waitlisted tatkal ticket?

Could not find the answer to these.

1. Yes..

2. You will get full refund including the transaction charges..

3. Depends on the class of travel.

1. Yes for general ticket the procedure is Waiting List < RAC < Confirmation

For Tatkal Wating List< Confirmation.... there is no RAC in Tatkal TIckets

2.If your ticket is not confirmed after the preparation of chart....You need not do anything your ticket gets automatically cancelled and refunded back in 7-14 days of time ( not sure about the days) even if its tatkal or waiting list

3.If its sleeper class the charges would be Rs 20+ IRCTC charges(Rs 10) not sure about AC.

IRCTC Customer care :0113934000

First of all congratulation Tanveer bhai. IRCTC pe tatkaal ki booking. Jung jeet lia bhai Saab. Ab to laddu baatne padenge.

:D

now answers to your query...

Yes Tatkaal waiting list status is different from regular waiting list.

If not confirmed then ticket will be automatically canceled and money will be refunded within few days.

If you cancel the tickets while it's still in waiting list then only nominal reservation charges well be deducted. But if you cancel confirmed tatkaal booking then nothing will be refunded (OR may be only 25% will be refunded)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Thanks for the reply guys. Does it ever happen that out of all the waitlisted passengers in a ticket, seat is confirmed for one of them? What happens in such a scenario?

Thanks for the reply guys. Does it ever happen that out of all the waitlisted passengers in a ticket, seat is confirmed for one of them? What happens in such a scenario?

the one who is confirmed can travel. Other's are dropped and full fare of the dropped passenger returned to the same account that was useed for booking.

In that case, the ticket won't get canceled and the other people will be in waiting list and can board the train.. Not my experience, but have seen one fellow passenger case...

Sent from my SAMSUNG captivate glide using Tapatalk

the one who is confirmed can travel. Other's are dropped and full fare of the dropped passenger returned to the same account that was useed for booking.

Not like that afaik....

I meant in terms of cancellation. Naturally, if all the seats are not confirmed, people wont travel. In that case if I cancel the full ticket, what kind of refund do I get, full /partial?

In that case, the ticket won't get canceled and the other people will be in waiting list and can board the train.. Not my experience, but have seen one fellow passenger case...

Not like that afaik....

that happens only when you have a prs [counter ticket].. Not in case of etickets... Try calling irctc helpline @ 011 39340000: afaik there is no refund on confirmed tatkal tkts..

@tanveer

No refund for confirmed Tatkal tkts.

In your case,

1. for the No.of confirmed tickets, you will loose 100% if cancelled or not travelled
  2. you will get 100% refund minus surcharges for unconfirmed tickets.

If u don't travel, then u will get refunds for all passengers provided you register the claim through irctc portal. If all passengers were board in to the train, then no refund. If only selected passengers were traveled, then u need to get some proof from the tte for whoever not travelled and submit to irctc for processing refund.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

If u don't travel, then u will get refunds for all passengers provided you register the claim through irctc portal. If all passengers were board in to the train, then no refund. If only selected passengers were traveled, then u need to get some proof from the tte for whoever not travelled and submit to irctc for processing refund.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Also need to contact station master with ticket and proof of ID.

This will work as an evidence. Only filing for refund thru irctc won't work. The TTE inside the train might sell ur birth to someone else and show it as you travelled. In that case irctc won't give refund.

I've faced such situation before, they make these processes so lengthy and cumbersome... its better to leave and save your time. Just for part refund of 1 or 2 tickets imo its not worth it.

Irctc.Co.in has an option 'file tdr' for passengers not traveled or partially traveled. Tte can also endorse partially traveled ticket for partial refund.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL

friends i have heard that indian rail is providing extra coach (Bogie) in every train if the waiting list is more than 150... pls correct if im wrong :nerves:

friends i have heard that indian rail is providing extra coach (Bogie) in every train if the waiting list is more than 150... pls correct if im wrong :nerves:

Practically not possible. Cause often the reason given by the railways- for capacity augmentation or new trains- is non availability of coaches. Besides almost all important trains at present are running to capacity ie 26 coaches.

friends i have heard that indian rail is providing extra coach (Bogie) in every train if the waiting list is more than 150... pls correct if im wrong

Sometimes they do. For example.. every "alternate" Howrah Rajdhani is given extra coach.

Sometimes they do. For example.. every "alternate" Howrah Rajdhani is given extra coach.

but i have heard that now indianrailways passed a new rule. that extra boggie/coch will be attached

in every train having over 150 waiting lists during summer vacations to reduce the waitlist

but i have heard that now indianrailways passed a new rule. that extra boggie/coch will be attached

in every train having over 150 waiting lists during summer vacations to reduce the waitlist

Few days months ago I travelled thru Howrah Rajdhani.

My agent booked tickets for 2 consecutive days..

1st:- W/L ... 92 (current status at the time of booking)

2nd:- W/L ... 123 (-do-)

The later one got confirmed. Agent said that extra coach is given to alternate trains, precisely which one.. he didnt knew. so he booked tickets for 2 consecutive days for me.

Hi great thing i came across... Indian railways enquiry service is also available on USSD for Reliance, Uninor, Docomo and Vodafone Telephone Service Providers without any charge. Just dial *139# to avail the USSD facility for enquiry of PNR, Arrival/Departure etc.

(Ps Note: works on GSM ONLY)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by kmc251

Can u plz give the syntax? It says feature code u entered is invalid

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2