Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Is anyone else having problems with PPObox, not updating shipments as and when they`re delivered to New York?

For the past three weeks, had to e-mail their support to get the shipments updated and forwarded.

Is anyone else having problems with PPObox, not updating shipments as and when they`re delivered to New York?

For the past three weeks, had to e-mail their support to get the shipments updated and forwarded.

Yes, i'm facing the same problem. Had to check for 2 of my shipments.

Now they are not even replying from support email for part 2 days. Anyone else I can write to?

Is there any way to discontinue the SNS account? I tried calling CC without any help. They have my CC details and don't want them to charge it. Is it possible?

Login into your SNS account. Under my packages. Click on deactivate and follow the steps. If you have the account for less than a year, you can also claim for membership fees refund.

To remove your credit card - go to My profile - My payment options and remove the details.

Now they are not even replying from support email for part 2 days. Anyone else I can write to?

Hey,

Got the same problem. Package delivered on Monday still has not been updated. Have sent an e-mail to support@ppobox.com today. Hope they update by tonight.

If they are not responding to that e-mail, you can either call them or write to Sanjay ( sanjay@ppobox.com )

Hey,

Got the same problem. Package delivered on Monday still has not been updated. Have sent an e-mail to support@ppobox.com today. Hope they update by tonight.

If they are not responding to that e-mail, you can either call them or write to Sanjay ( sanjay@ppobox.com )

Hmm, I chatted with Divyank today and he said that they haven't received any intimation from their US hub. He will check and get back within 24 hours. Lets see..

I guess monday delivered packages are stuck or not been forwarded i guess ... i am in the same boat too :)

Hope they are not in the same situation as earlier

Hey,

<< Unnecessary large multiple QUOTE removed >>

Earlier shipments got stuck in customs, but now they are stuck at their US hub itself :( This is the update I got -

"We have not received any update from our US hub regarding this package.[/size]

We will check with our US team and will updated you within 24 hour."[/size]

Dont know whether it is due to the fact that weather is US is not good. Flights are getting cancelled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/07/cold-snap-us_n_4404162.html

Maybe, but the problem is we are not getting any confirmation on shipments received at US hub. Normally that communication is sent...

Dont know whether it is due to the fact that weather is US is not good. Flights are getting cancelled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/07/cold-snap-us_n_4404162.html

They`re not in the East coast though.

They can confirm that they`ve received the item. Don`t know why they don`t do it. Atleast SnS update that they`ve received the shipment, even though they`re yet to be forwarded.

• Like 1

For me everything is working smooth. Got my two package update on same day and shipped to India.

Also Mumbai hub to my place shipping was prompt .

Sent from my Hydro

Received mail late night yesterday about one of my packages being shipped from US Hub to India after multiple mails which was delivered last Friday. Now, I hope they ship the other one as well now..

Indeed some problem at their NY hub, packages delivered are not getting email confirmations. I think some more guys are also having the same issue. Parcels are getting piled up but no indication of shipping to India.

One of my packages got shipped from there NY address last night. May be you want to write a mail and check..

My experience is going from bad to worse :(

I have made the invoice payment for one of my packages 2 days back. But the package has not been shipped from their Mumbai hub till now.

Don't know whats happening with these guys..

With ShopandShip do I have to create a new package entry on their website for every package or does SnS updates/mails automatically when package is received at their warehouse? If yes, how long they take to update?

With ShopandShip do I have to create a new package entry on their website for every package or does SnS updates/mails automatically when package is received at their warehouse? If yes, how long they take to update?

For SnS, they update the shipment on their side. You don`t have to create a Package ID like PPObox. You do have to send the correct invoice with the Shipment No, after receiving the e-mail update from them.

It`s the holiday season over there. SnS always have huge delays during this time every year. Just send an e-mail to their CS asking them to update the package. They will look on their internal servers and confirm delivery

Slapped Rs.7K as customs on Sprint LG G2 & a case by customs officers :bash::ranting::censored3: , Chennai, a big thanks to impotent DHL guys :censored3: . Ended up paying Rs.35k for Sprint LG G2. It's been a night mare with DHL(through ComGateway).

Assessed value of the phone is Rs.32k & according to DHL's clearance team the customs official has charged 10%(rather than 6% to 7% according to the customs rules) but it doesn't end there, so even if we agree for 10% it should be Rs.3,200(approximately) out of Rs.32k assessed value, but they charged about Rs.5,300, if I ask why & how, they don't answer, they say they will revert back, each time the big loopholes in those charges I get a response they would come revert back to me after some time. And the guy who is incharge, Nikhil Radha(DHL Clearance Team, Chennai), is not responding any more, he is getting his assistants to pick my calls. This guy has been promising me for the last few days he will take care of every thing and see the transaction is smooth for every one. But this is anything but smooth.

Edited by st_7

Slapped Rs.7K as customs on Sprint LG G2 & a case by customs officers :bash::ranting::censored3: , Chennai, a big thanks to impotent DHL guys :censored3: . Ended up paying Rs.35k for Sprint LG G2. It's been a night mare with DHL(through ComGateway).

Assessed value of the phone is Rs.32k & according to DHL's clearance team the customs official has charged 10%(rather than 6% to 7% according to the customs rules) but it doesn't end there, so even if we agree for 10% it should be Rs.3,200(approximately) out of Rs.32k assessed value, but they charged about Rs.5,300, if I ask why & how, they don't answer, they say they will revert back, each time the big loopholes in those charges I get a response they would come revert back to me after some time. And the guy who is incharge, Nikhil Radha(DHL Clearance Team, Chennai), is not responding any more, he is getting his assistants to pick my calls. This guy has been promising me for the last few days he will take care of every thing and see the transaction is smooth for every one. But this is anything but smooth.

Hey Bro, don`t use DHL if your items are cleared by Chennai customs. These guys are very strict and DHL won`t fight your corner, if charges are very high. Had a bad experience last year when they charged Rs12000 for a couple of Nexus 4`s

You can also forward your complaint direct to DHL MD in India. The e-mail address will be given on their on their website.

Hey Bro, don`t use DHL if your items are cleared by Chennai customs. These guys are very strict and DHL won`t fight your corner, if charges are very high. Had a bad experience last year when they charged Rs12000 for a couple of Nexus 4`s

You can also forward your complaint direct to DHL MD in India. The e-mail address will be given on their on their website.

Yes bro, the whole point of me posting my issue is to tell everyone that avoid DHL if you are from Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu(because they are gonna process it through Chennai) in importing any items from other countries. The problem in my case is that I was charged 16% of the assessed value. And after many calls and much followup to know why is that case, I've been called by one of DHL guy who works on the ground with customs officials in clearing items. He revealed an interesting aspect of Customs Duties on Smartphones and as per his version of the story(he backed up with a circular of Indian Customs Department, which I'm also attaching to this post), there is a change in the definition or classification of Tablets & Smartphones. What that circular essentially says is that a Smartphone can or will be considered as Tablet because of the various features it has which coincides with those of Tablets. Below is the particular paragraph he particularly quoted and told me according to this only I was charged 16% of the assessed value instead of 6%.

"The difference between a 'Smartphone' and a 'Tablet Computer', is not based on whether the product has a voice calling function or not, but on the principal features that a producer has intended for the device when designing and developing it".

I confronted him saying two things 1) LG(any smartphone manufacturer) don't make the smartphones to be tablets but as phones(voice communication purpose) with Data Processing Futures, 2) if every smartphone is been classified by this then there is no way Samsungs, Micormaxs, HTCs & every other manufacturer can import their products to India as smartphones because this rule would have been applied to first to them. He agreed to me on this but it is upto Customs Officials & he even went to say that they don't have any problem like this in their other hubs. But he also said even if it is with other hubs & other courier services, if Customs Officials aware of this rule or decide to use this rule, then no one can stop them because they have every right to do so and slap 16% duties of the assessed value on Smartphones!!.

In essence, we the casual importers or some one with business purpose are ***ed up in that case. So, don't be surprised if you are slapped 16% of assessed value on the smartphones. I ADVISE YOU ALL NOT TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER WITH OTHER COURIER SERVICES OTHERWISE THEY MAY TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE AND TRY TO CHARGE EXTRA CLAIMING THE SAME. If you are getting it normally good luck & enjoy it till you can get it so. I'm attaching the concerned 'Circular'.

Circular-20-2013.pdf

Moral of the Story:

If you are buying max 2 pieces in a single package, stick with PPOBOX. They are the cheapest. Though they will NOT give you the Customs Invoice / Bill of Entry as provided by DHL and SnS. Also, you may need to remind them to ship item from NY/Mumbai and to issue invoice.

Recently an item of mine was delivered to their NY hub on 06.12.2013. I got no intimation regarding shipping from NY to India even till 16.12.2013. When i called and roughed them up, after an hour, a guy called from PPO and said by mistake my shipment was lying in their Mumbai warehouse in "GIFT ITEMS". So they declared my item as gift and saved some customs charges? May be. But barring some cases, I have always been charged 7% Customs on Declared value.

Also, As per Custom Rules, Duty is charged on Landed value which includes Shipping charges from USA to India. Same is charged by DHL too. However, PPOBOX never includes this value when it charges Duty :-p

So, maybe PPO is paying lesser Duty than it charges us. But still, it is the cheapest.

Did ppobox ask for a id proof to anyone? I received a mail today asking for id proof and stating it is the new customs requirement..

yes they are asking everbody now ...

Did ppobox ask for a id proof to anyone? I received a mail today asking for id proof and stating it is the new customs requirement..