E:cant mount /dev/block/stl10

(file exists)

Error Mounting /datadata/!

Skipping format...

E:Cant mount /dev/block/stl10

(file exists)

Cant Mount datadata/!

Pls help

Pls help. I dont want to be left out ...

If you are unable to upgrade to Geewiz why dont you just flash the stock eh03 with atlas pit and then upgrade to ICS.

I cant flash EH03 as it gets stuck at modem.bin & it finally displays FAIL on the Odin screen. Geewiz was the only way i was able to move up to GB but now its not working either. Theres some issue as i mentioned above in the formating of the datadata file.

Is there a way i can Odin eh03 without the modem.bin file??

@kki :

nandroid backup is somthing like restore point in your PC. Every thing going to be backup your rom, data, app... everything. If somthing happens you just select restore, it restores all. For that you must root your phone. You can follow the steps but be assure from Joshm you need the same file which I have use. B'coz we have different ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hi amit,

Just for rooting, what are the steps that I need to follow. Then I can do a nandroid backup, right? please let me know how I can do that.

Thanks so much.

At this point there isn't Amy way

Try this if it helps

*#*#4636#*#*

I haven't tried it and don't intend to

I always stay away from those things.

Try on ur own

You may lose data which I think can be recovered after reboot but then I do no that either.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks joshm,

There is nothing in the phone as of now so I can check it. Phone at home, so will report back in the eve.

It shows the phone information but no diag mode.

Guess there is no option as of now.

I cant flash EH03 as it gets stuck at modem.bin & it finally displays FAIL on the Odin screen. Geewiz was the only way i was able to move up to GB but now its not working either. Theres some issue as i mentioned above in the formating of the datadata file.

Is there a way i can Odin eh03 without the modem.bin file??

Facing the same problem with the Reliance fascinate. Any way around this? Tried changing the SPC too, but doesn't work.....

Edited by kki_cdma

@kki_cdma

Since you too are from thane, just tell me which service centre did u take ur phone to get it back to normal? Can i hv the adress? I think i need to do a factory reset from the Service centre as my phone too is in the same state as your phone a few days back.

@kki_cdma

Since you too are from thane, just tell me which service centre did u take ur phone to get it back to normal? Can i hv the adress? I think i need to do a factory reset from the Service centre as my phone too is in the same state as your phone a few days back.

The service centre is near Harinivas, on the Bhakti Mandir Road. (Micro Services, Shop no 6, Dev Prayag chs Ltd,Bhakti Mandir Rd,Panch Pakhadi 400602)

They asked no questions, just took the phone, reinstalled eclair and gave it back. But remember to take the bill with you......

Regards, Kartik.

@kki_cdma

The service centre is near Harinivas, on the Bhakti Mandir Road. (Micro Services, Shop no 6, Dev Prayag chs Ltd,Bhakti Mandir Rd,Panch Pakhadi 400602)

They asked no questions, just took the phone, reinstalled eclair and gave it back. But remember to take the bill with you......

Regards, Kartik.

Thanks... Will visit them & get my phone back to normal

@ Kartik :

You can do it. it is very simple. just read the page no.22 of post. #329.

But again conform from Joshm you need the same file which I have use. B'coz your from Reliance and mine is Verizon.

@kartik

Did u try the geewiz GB rom? I was initially able to move on to GB using the geewiz 2.8 edify version rom & kernal. The only thing u have to do is u have to insert your mobile no in Dir using CDMA workshop or else it will keep showing you Select Language options screen. Do that & you should be on GB soon.

dear joshm

finally got the time to try & update to ics (total 15-20 min flat i was through)

thanxs a lot for such a accurate and easy guide

moved successfully to ics

will explore and write later

thanxs a ton to everybody on this forum & specially to joshm

jasmin

@kartik

Did u try the geewiz GB rom? I was initially able to move on to GB using the geewiz 2.8 edify version rom & kernal. The only thing u have to do is u have to insert your mobile no in Dir using CDMA workshop or else it will keep showing you Select Language options screen. Do that & you should be on GB soon.

I tried a lot of the different ways on this post, but could not update. Can you give me the steps that you followed?

Also, I need to do a complete nandroid backup first. I really don't want to go to the service centre again :)

Im going to go by the steps given in #329 of pg 22 (suggested by amit). Can I use that su file?

Thanks a lot, guys...

Hey Jasmin welcome to ICS Club now. I think this rom dosn't have any music player.

you can try this PowerAMP it is awesome. http://www.4shared.c...5-build-488.htm

Edited by amitroutray

That's great .

I am sure you will certainly enjoy pics.

Just an heads up

Do download mybackup root from market and keep all your apps backed up with data and all the SMS call logs contacts and stuff.

I am using build 37 atm and its playing great. So in a few days might add an update.

Have fun

Sent from my freakin awesome Fascinate I500 using Tapatalk

@ Joshm :

One thing, what is the difference between MyBackup root and Nandroid backup ? which one is the best.

ALL THE BEST for your research work. and waiting for your new updates.

regards,

My backup root is a stand alone app from market thru which u can backup just apps their data and the other data of phone like SMS contacts call logs settings as per ur discretion. It had its limitations.

Nandroid backup is a feature of ur cwm recovery this backs up every single thing of ur current from. Its like a mirror image of ur rom from every setting to every app, every single thing in it. Only thing that it won't backup ur kernel and radio but then they can't be backed up thru any procedure.

Sent from my freakin awesome Fascinate I500 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Joshm. thanks for your valuable reply.

@kartik

Can you please let me know how to go about the above.

Thanks and regards, Kartik.

dear all

after moving to ics swype is not visible how to i get it back

also suggest some good productivity apps if possible

jasmin shah

I would suggest you to register at swype.com site and download the installer from there.

Or unrar any Odin from and search for swype

But I found swift key x trial way nicer and great to it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

@joshm

@maverick75

I tried to flash geewiz, but landed up with the same problem of reset. Do you have the link for the reliance stock eclair firmware. I can start back from there...

Thanks a lot, Kartik.

@joshm

@maverick75

I tried to flash geewiz, but landed up with the same problem of reset. Do you have the link for the reliance stock eclair firmware. I can start back from there...

Thanks a lot, Kartik.

Guys, Please help. Originally the stock version that came on my phone was

Firmware version: 2.1 -update 1

Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.DL10

Kernel: 2.6.29

Build Number: SCH-i500.DL14

Tried searching a lot, but could not find it. This firmware allows me to update to 2.2 using kies. I really don't know what Reliance does, but am unable to do any other update or flash.

Thanks a lot guys, Kartik.

If you ask me then i would recommend you to not go beyond the EH19 reliance specific build at all.

there have been way too many messups with the guyz who have official reliance i500, flashing the VZN specific stuff.

you should contact either Hetal Ji or Amit Jain or Parin about the NV items

I am sure they ll be able to help

hi Joshm,

ICS is running very nicely. as you said the AOKP has a great ROM - also there are plenty of options available for customize. And what about the Build 37 ? I think from few days it is in your Lab. we all are waiting for your comment. from this ICS installation I have learn a lot from you. again thanks Joshm. from few days this thread is dead without you. please come and share something. we all waiting for you.

regards,

amit.

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5