Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
josh596007

Motorola Droid Razr M (Global)

^^^^^

NO.... Ganesan Sir, PLEASE DO NOT TRY... IT WILL NEVER WORK... Its actually for OG Razr XT912, running CM based ROM on another slot using safe-strap recovery... Or simply, in OG Razr XT912, GSM capabilities are allowed after ICS update (I used a patch to use it on GB and later on ICS and JB 4.1 no need for that patch).

But for someone who wants latest Android version 4.3 or 4.2, they used to flash CM 10.1/10.2 based ROM (for 4.2/4.3) on another slot (first one is Stock ROM and since OG Razr BootLoader is STILL LOCKED encrypted, people have to use safestrap recovery and flash custom ROM on other slot). Since CM has main focus on CDMA Verizon, I GUESS the GSM capabilities are not unlocked or NOT enabled (to less the confusion) and to enable the same the patch has to be applied and then even call forward will work for GSM numbers too...

IT IS CLEARLY NOT FOR Razr M or RazrHD which is completely different from XT912 the OG Droid Razr....

^^^

Thanks Kanaga.

Surely I will surely not try something like before getting a confirmation from experts like you. Because other than this call forwarding issue, the device is working wonderful and I am loving this compact device.

" and to enable the same the patch has to be applied and then even call forward will work for GSM numbers too..." - If you come across this patch please guide me.

Thanks

@pasumark After root CDMA OMH card work or not?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

@vijay..

I am using rooted RazrM

No issues whatsoever with CDMA OMH Voice/1x/Evdo

GSM2G GPRS

@Vijay

After rooting, No problem in GSM calls,SMS,2G or 3G

I just got a global Razr M from hetal. While everything else is working fine (including receiving SMS), I am not able to send sms using CDMA (have not tried GSM). The sending fails. I installed Go SMS pro and also changed the smsc number as given elsewhere on this forum but still no luck. I am able to send SMS to reliance commercial numbers starting with 5. What do I need to change in order to make SMS work?

Also I would want to activate EVDO. I tried sending the SMS to 55444 but i got the error that the command was invalid or something. Any help?

I just got a global Razr M from hetal. While everything else is working fine (including receiving SMS), I am not able to send sms using CDMA (have not tried GSM). The sending fails. I installed Go SMS pro and also changed the smsc number as given elsewhere on this forum but still no luck. I am able to send SMS to reliance commercial numbers starting with 5. What do I need to change in order to make SMS work?

Also I would want to activate EVDO. I tried sending the SMS to 55444 but i got the error that the command was invalid or something. Any help?

try to change sim card

You must be having number in +91 format

do one thing, remove assisted dial check

when ever you want to send sms, dial it and then disconnect the call immediately, then go to call records from there pick no and then select to send sms, it will be in 09xxxxxxxx format and sms will be send

img_did_girl.png

• Like 1

I just got a global Razr M from hetal. While everything else is working fine (including receiving SMS), I am not able to send sms using CDMA (have not tried GSM). The  sending fails. I installed Go SMS pro and also changed the smsc number as given elsewhere on this forum but still no luck. I am able to send SMS to reliance commercial numbers starting with 5. What do I need to change in order to make SMS work?

try to change sim card
For the sms issue?

Kal hi to liya hai naya. What do I tell then if I buy a new one?

I just got a global Razr M from hetal. While everything else is working fine (including receiving SMS), I am not able to send sms using CDMA (have not tried GSM). The  sending fails. I installed Go SMS pro and also changed the smsc number as given elsewhere on this forum but still no luck. I am able to send SMS to reliance commercial numbers starting with 5. What do I need to change in order to make SMS work?

You must be having number in +91 format

do one thing, remove assisted dial check 

when ever you want to send sms, dial it and then disconnect the call immediately, then go to call records from there pick no and then select to send sms, it will be in 09xxxxxxxx format and sms will be send

Posted Image

Har baar yehi karna to kaafi cumbersome ho jaayega. Should I change all the numbers to 09 format?

You need to do only once rest of the time just use your sms list

waise bhi we are using very less sms these days only to those who dont have whats app.

else if you have only CDMA phone do 09xxxx format

This is most nagging issue on this phone

changed all my numbers to 09 (11 digit format) using number fixer

works flawless now

+9 issue is with the most imported CDMA handsets. It should either in 0091 or 09, SMS and in many handsets, even calls won't work where + precedes a number.

@Tanveer Really? I was researching what coukld be issue and this just +91 Issue ? @arun Please punish tanveer and take his Veteran Tag back :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

• Like 2

+9 issue is with the most imported CDMA handsets. It should either in 0091 or 09, SMS and in many handsets, even calls won't work where + precedes a number.

+9 is with all CDMA handsets

but this one in particular does not even take 0091 (14digit) which is how my diary was setup and working fine before I started using Razr M

changed all to 11 digit

I am using photon and this is not an issue here. As I have mixed phone book . I disabled plus dialing in settings. Now it automatically picks them as just prefix zero.

Even on HTC cdma handsets this is not a pRoblem. Easily set in advanced call settings.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

works flawless now

is that an app on store or for pc? Works well?

@Tanveer Really? I was researching what coukld be issue and this just +91 Issue ? @arun Please punish tanveer and take his Veteran Tag back  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

are bhai as I said I myself am using GSM phones for almost2 years. Wife was using HTC hero with the same phone book without any problems whatsoever. Chalo kuch seekhne ko mila. Let me try with 09

works flawless now

is that an app on store or for pc? Works well?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maplekeycompany.apps.numberfixer

• Like 1

From First day when i join to CDMA , save all my no.s in 09 format.

How to use gsm data in razr m. Gsm network is vodaphone ?

It works by defualt for my airtel, don't need to do anything specific, when on 3g it shows H+. Just make sure data services is on and see what sign it shows on the signal bar and the color.

Start mobile data but no seen data up and down signal on notification bar.

I believe u have created the correct apn and selected it?

I am getting the update notification. Should I go ahead with ota update or will it mess up other settings and make my phone unusable? I am using reliance cdma only for the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk