Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

On 7/17/2016 at 10:13 PM, drvirag said:

I got reply that ur 2g net balance is 9215.99mb valid till 8 Aug. 

How m i suppose to spend 9gb 2g data in 1 month.

21 days in fact.

At the rate of 2-3 kilo byte per second it is not possible to spend 9 gb in 21 days.

12 minutes ago, drvirag said:

I don't think they r cheating in dis. I got 1gb on d day of sim activation and now 9gb in all my 5 connections. But this all is 2g data that's useless. Even using Aircel 3g gives 50kbps speed. Nobody can use 9gb 2g in 20days. I am in lko and I can not see any sign of starting 4g. Only gud thing is dat dey allowed mnp. So now i dont have to go on d road 4 calling. 

They promised 4g data after migration. For per-migration 1 gb data, we had to recharge with 97 rupees. Those who recharged with 1 rupee, did not get that 1 gb.

10 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

They promised 4g data after migration. For per-migration 1 gb data, we had to recharge with 97 rupees. Those who recharged with 1 rupee, did not get that 1 gb.

I recharged with 1re in few sim n forgot in some. Bt i got 1gb + 9gb now. Have not tried 97rs recharge. N will not try till 4g up n running. Theoretically if rcom is planning to give 4g in 850mhrtz band then it will b best 4g available in India. That's y not ported all my no. 

Vodafone is also starting 4g from 15aug. I got 4g sim for my postpaid vodafone home delivered. Let's c

Edited by drvirag

Hello Friends, 

I need your help - My 4G sim is not active, but CDMA network is shut off in Bangalore. What should I do?

Thanks.

At Motera in Ahmedabad, I'm getting speed up to 50 Mbps, but after calling, network goes out for 15-45 Sec. That is very irritating, rating of call quality is 0.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hello,

My self Pranav Kumar having Ril CDMA Phone and No., Now my phone showing no network and i want to update the same in RIL GSM 4G.

RIL outlet are not ready to help me for the same as they are saying the No. dead now.

Pls. help me how do i can do the same.

regards,

You can go to rcom.co.in and migrate online, but you need a new 4G Sim.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drvirag said:

I recharged with 1re in few sim n forgot in some. Bt i got 1gb + 9gb now. Have not tried 97rs recharge. N will not try till 4g up n running. Theoretically if rcom is planning to give 4g in 850mhrtz band then it will b best 4g available in India. That's y not ported all my no. 

Vodafone is also starting 4g from 15aug. I got 4g sim for my postpaid vodafone home delivered. Let's c

Karnataka circle

I had recharged with Rs.1/- via PayTm after registering the 4G SIM collected from RCom Mobile store at my location.

on the day CDMA-GSM migration was done at my location, 1GB 2G data (1024MB) was credited with validity of 30 days [to check Data balance SMS keyword: MBAL to 55333]. the moment one sends SMS keyword: Start to 1925 the remaing 9GB is credited under 2G Data with the same 30 day validity [at present my balance is 10239.93].

unfortunately, at my location RCom 4G is not ready yet!. checked with RCom 4G SIM in Lyf Flame 2. so my 10GB will expire beform 4G network is ready!

following points may be noted:

• Ensure that, your handset supports 850MHz LTE (Band 5) for RCom 4G.
  • Don't SMS keyword: Start to 1925 unless you receive SMS from RCom that 4G is ready at your location [even if Reliance 4G appears in network search]
  • There is no VoLTE support in RCom 4G, for Voice & SMS it will be Circuit Switch Fallback to pathetic 2G/3G Network

4G Liyo to Jio

best wishes

42 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

Karnataka circle

I had recharged with Rs.1/- via PayTm after registering the 4G SIM collected from RCom Mobile store at my location.

on the day CDMA-GSM migration was done at my location, 1GB 2G data (1024MB) was credited with validity of 30 days [to check Data balance SMS keyword: MBAL to 55333]. the moment one sends SMS keyword: Start to 1925 the remaing 9GB is credited under 2G Data with the same 30 day validity [at present my balance is 10239.93].

unfortunately, at my location RCom 4G is not ready yet!. checked with RCom 4G SIM in Lyf Flame 2. so my 10GB will expire beform 4G network is ready!

following points may be noted:

• Ensure that, your handset supports 850MHz LTE (Band 5) for RCom 4G.
  • Don't SMS keyword: Start to 1925 unless you receive SMS from RCom that 4G is ready at your location [even if Reliance 4G appears in network search]
  • There is no VoLTE support in RCom 4G, for Voice & SMS it will be Circuit Switch Fallback to pathetic 2G/3G Network

4G Liyo to Jio

best wishes

Balance 9GB data gets activated aftet sending sms to 1925 - but the validity remains same irrespective of date of activation. I have 2 connections and I activated one on 7-7-16 and another on 16-7-16 but the expiry date is 8-8-16 for both of them. Expiry date of all Mumbai prepaid users is 8-8-16 AFAIK.

Further some people received 2G and some 3G data balance and this cannot be utilised through 4G usage viz. can be used against 2G or 3G only. You will have to buy extra 4G pack separately if you want to connect in 4G mode.

I noticed that you get 2G or 3G data depending upon the handset you are using for 4G SIM activation.

I got 3G and although I can latch to 4G and mobile data network state shows connected too but data doesn't work in 4G mode and got confirmed from CC that I need to buy 4G pack to be able to use 4G data.

check this:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37711-reliance-cdma-network-upgrade-to-4g-lte/?do=findComment&comment=330123

• Like 1

Finally my 4g sim started to work from this morning after almost 20 hours of no network but connects to 2g only and shows reliance 4g Tata reliance 4g yet to check on voice clarity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is RCOM 4G available live in Baroda ? 

I am able to latch to 4G, but data doesn't work & y'day checked Mbal on 55333 & it informed me that 9 GB of data valid till 9th Aug 16. So, validity is not more than 20 days & even will reduce further, in case they don't start 4G very soon. 

Please, confirm.

14 minutes ago, silent_god said:

Is RCOM 4G available live in Baroda ? 

I am able to latch to 4G, but data doesn't work & y'day checked Mbal on 55333 & it informed me that 9 GB of data valid till 9th Aug 16. So, validity is not more than 20 days & even will reduce further, in case they don't start 4G very soon. 

Please, confirm.

• Till you receive SMS from RCom stating 4G is Live at your location - you can't access 4G Data, it will be either 2G/3G only, even if your Network-search shows Reliance 4G!
  • The validity of 2G Data [1 GB] is 30 days only from the day CDMA-GSM migration is done on your MDN.
  • The validity of 4G Data [10GB-1GB=9GB] is 30 days only from the day you SMS keyword: Start to 1925. So, one should send the SMS only after he/she receives SMS from RCom stating that 4G is Live at their location! otherwise the 4G Data validity may expire before 4G is available!

this is the "Trick" played by RCom and they are legally right!

to experience True 4G - Jio to Liyo!

best wishes

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hejmady said:
  • Till you receive SMS from RCom stating 4G is Live at your location - you can't access 4G Data, it will be either 2G/3G only, even if your Network-search shows Reliance 4G!
  • The validity of 2G Data [1 GB] is 30 days only from the day CDMA-GSM migration is done on your MDN.
  • The validity of 4G Data [10GB-1GB=9GB] is 30 days only from the day you SMS keyword: Start to 1925. So, one should send the SMS only after he/she receives SMS from RCom stating that 4G is Live at their location! otherwise the 4G Data validity may expire before 4G is available!

best wishes

In my case, 4G signals started without any SMS from either side.

At Motera in Ahmedabad, I'm getting speed up to 50 Mbps

50 Mbps on RCom 4G !!??

best wishes

Latest update the 10gb free data is either 2g /3G as reliance conveniently chose to not offer free data in 4g they played a great trick given 2g speed there is no way you can use 10 gb in a month. Another bomb is your previous cdma tariff including any rate cutters are lapsed and calls chargeable at 2p/s in 4g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, commonman said:

In my case, 4G signals started without any SMS from either side.

4G signal may be available & you can also latch on to LTE Network! However, can you access 4G Data without SMS keyword: Start to 1925?

11 hours ago, lostjournal said:

There is no rcdma network in Whitefield, Bangalore. Have they completely shut it down? I tried registering my 4G sim but as per CC - the status is 'failed'. Now what do I do? CDMA - no network. GSM - no network. I cannot go back to Kerala( home circle) to get this fixed. Anyone else faced this issue? what should I do now?

yes, that's y I switched last week itself, but I am getting 2G reliance only.

I have also enabled national roaming. So I get latched on to Tata's network whenever rim network goes out of coverage in my office.

Did you try using some other gsm network sim in your handset?

10 hours ago, PMug said:

Hello Friends, 

I need your help - My 4G sim is not active, but CDMA network is shut off in Bangalore. What should I do?

Thanks.

migrate to 4g. if u can't send any sms to migrate, go to reliance website and enter details in the migration page.

I think, after migration it may take more than 10 hours to start making calls.

currently no 4g network, so your mobile should fall back to Rcom 2G/3G

Edited by ssr

LTE is finally live in delhi

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ssr said:

yes, that's y I switched last week itself, but I am getting 2G reliance only.

I have also enabled national roaming. So I get latched on to Tata's network whenever rim network goes out of coverage in my office.

Did you try using some other gsm network sim in your handset?

migrate to 4g. if u can't send any sms to migrate, go to reliance website and enter details in the migration page.

I think, after migration it may take more than 10 hours to start making calls.

currently no 4g network, so your mobile should fall back to Rcom 2G/3G

Karnataka Circle RCDMA users

if your RCDMA Network is switched-off and you already have RCom 4G SIM and any GSM Handset, Don't Panic!

• insert your RGSM 4G SIM in any 4G/3G/2G handset select Reliance 2G in Network-search [there is no RCom 3G & 4G is not Live yet!] the SIM will get registered.
  • if Reliance 2G signal is poor, select Tata Docomo 2G (if available) and the SIM will get registered
  • if you are not happy with RGSM & feel betrayed by RCom, SMS keyword: Port to 1900 to generate UPC and MNP to any operator of your choice,
  • MNP will be available only upto 16-August-2016 as per Public Notice put up at RCom web site.
  • after 16-Aug-2016, MNP request will not be entertained for RCDMA-RGSM4G migrated customers for 90 days!

switch to RJio for True 4G!

best wishes

• Like 2

Switch to RJio for true 4G ...??? Let the promotional offers settle down..Once the commercial ops start, only then you get a clear picture. To switch to RJio, MNP is not yet open.

1 hour ago, nitink said:

LTE is finally live in delhi

Yes , i am able to latch onto the LTE network ,

but unfortunately neither Jio nor Rcom has their 4G towers in my area, 

i am getting great jio speeds in various locations in delhi , No idea regarding RCOM 4g speed as it just strated last night and i am in off today :P

will update tomorrow the condition of RCOM 4G .

But i would like to mention an observation of mine here regarding JIO.

in last few days i visited many Rel digital ( jio) stores , talked to customer care executives many times and met with their engineers at Jio office aka LYF service center in the vicinity, 

One thing that stands out is THEY ALL ARE UTTERLY POLITE, i mean compared to all the service providers who have next to illiterate personnel who dont have the manners to talk to a customer with grievances, the staff at JIO seems to have been specifically trained to make a difference, and this shows their ( Mukesh Ambani's ) commitment towards the DIGITAL revolution. These are small yet utterly important things to create a solid brand value. after that comes how serious they are in covering maximum area throughout the country to provide their services

Lets hope this spirit continues and we get one of the best countrywide nextgen network. by the end of this year we ll get a clear picture of all this i guess :)

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

Switch to RJio for true 4G ...??? Let the promotional offers settle down..Once the commercial ops start, only then you get a clear picture. To switch to RJio, MNP is not yet open.

Also JIO only now in Promo Stage. If they are going to offer Cheap data there is going to be a huge rush in especially from Business with Mobile necessities, ( Which was earlier caterd by RCDMA ) . The more the Users, the more the burden on the network.

Another thing, JIO needs the 850 Mhz of Rcom to get building penetration and when Jio Switches to the 850 Mhz, its maximum speed will automatically drop to below 10 MBps. Lets wait and see.

All depends on who does the honest billing and gives best service at reasonable price.

7 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

most of the RCDMA users need to buy GSM handset to use RCom 4G/3G/2G OR any other operator Network.

• buy Dual-SIM handset (4G/3G/2G, if 4G - ensure it supports all the bands)
  • if your RCDMA MDN is Primary, don't think - just Port-out to any operator of your choice before 16-Aug-2016 (Karnataka circle)
  • if your RCDMA MDN is secondary (EVDO/1X data use), then you may "dump" the same & buy Lyf Flame 2 for Rs.3,499/- with RJio unlimited voice, data & SMS for 3 months. all Lyf phones are Dual SIM and support WiFi & USB teethering.
  • After 3 months, when RJio is commercially launched, there will be "Loyalty-bonus cum Buy-back offer" for your Lyf phone
  • Rjio is anytime better than RCom4G [doesn't have VoLTE and depends on Circuit Switch Fallback to pathetic 2G/3G for voice & SMS]

best wishes

• Like 1

Latching to 4g network in Gujarat but speeds are of 2g

Data balance is around 10 gb

Am I required to recharge any 4g data pack to access 4g data speeds

Pls confirm guys

Iam using honor holly 2 plus

4 hours ago, Hejmady said:

The validity of 4G Data [10GB-1GB=9GB] is 30 days only from the day you SMS keyword: Start to 1925. So, one should send the SMS only after he/she receives SMS from RCom stating that 4G is Live at their location! otherwise the 4G Data validity may expire before 4G is available!

I did not send any sms still, got that 9 GB data (without any formal information). It is scheduled to expire on 8-8-2016.