Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

This might be a placebo effect but everyone using jio should try this to get better speeds. place a call to any number around you and pick that call on the second phone. Once the call is connected then test your data speeds on jio. I have witnessed significant speed jumps. Don't know why but it's worth a try.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 9:31 AM, ::: VA ::: said:

This might be a placebo effect but everyone using jio should try this to get better speeds. place a call to any number around you and pick that call on the second phone. Once the call is connected then test your data speeds on jio. I have witnessed significant speed jumps. Don't know why but it's worth a try.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

It is because data packet sent for voice call are on Highest priority in QOS(quality of service ), So on that time all data packet is considered as highest priority 

Observed something strange in my jio app in my account. Data balance is reduced

Attached the same

TMPDOODLE1485197694113.jpg

On 24/1/2017 at 0:25 AM, disney said:

Observed something strange in my jio app in my account. Data balance is reduced

Attached the same

TMPDOODLE1485197694113.jpg

Actually it happens every 7 days - "Happy New Year Offer" is renewed every 7 days and on the seventh day according to the time of Plan activation 1 GB is divided into two chunks ( approx 800 MB and 250 MB ). You will notice this happen when the app shows "upcoming Plan cued" on the same page when you slide upwards as it approaches 7th day. Normally the data gets reset at approx. 1:30 A.M. but when it is divided into two chunks it gets reset twice during one 24 hour cycle on pro rata basis .

After renew you will get the balance (1024MB - 252.93MB) for balance hours till the 1:30 A.M. reset time - after which the cycle will become 1GB per 24 hour.

You can monitor yourself and check as I did.

Hope this helps.

Edited by LTE4G

On 1/27/2017 at 2:02 AM, LTE4G said:

Actually it happens every 7 days - "Happy New Year Offer" is renewed every 7 days and on the seventh day according to the time of Plan activation 1 GB is divided into two chunks ( approx 800 MB and 250 MB ). You will notice this happen when the app shows "upcoming Plan cued" on the same page when you slide upwards as it approaches 7th day. Normally the data gets reset at approx. 1:30 A.M. but when it is divided into two chunks it gets reset twice during one 24 hour cycle on pro rata basis .

After renew you will get the balance (1024MB - 252.93MB) for balance hours till the 1:30 A.M. reset time - after which the cycle will become 1GB per 24 hour.

You can monitor yourself and check as I did.

Hope this helps.

Way too confusing, imho... Why can't they make it simple???

7 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Way too confusing, imho... Why can't they make it simple???

Yes! You are right about confusion. But AFAIK their systems are designed or programmed in such a way that any pack activated will give the user full 24 hours from the time of activation unlike other operators who forfeit plan at midnight irrespective of the time of activation.

Though a bit confusing but good for customer as he enjoys full duration irrespective of the time of activation.

As far as 7 days are concerned there was a dispute filed by Airtel & Vodafone which was under consideration of TRAI in the 1st week which might have forced them to convert their 90 days plan into weekly mode instead imho.

"TRAI’s report shows that Jio had an average network download speed of 16.48 Mbps (megabits per second), double that of competitors Idea Cellular and Bharti Airtel, who measured in at 8.33 Mbps and 7.66 Mbps respectively.

In an ideal situation, with the network running constantly at 16 Mbps, you could download a 700 MB file in about 5 minutes and 50 seconds. That’s one decent quality (avi format) movie, ready to watch in just under six minutes.

Other competitors fared even worse in TRAI’s report. Vodafone registered an average download speed of 5.66 Mbps, Reliance Communications 2.64 Mbps, Tata Docomo 2.52 Mbps, BSNL 2.26 Mbps, and Aircel 2.01 Mbps. TRAI’s data is gathered using its recently released MySpeed app."

Source :  http://m.indiatimes.com/technology/news/reliance-jio-4g-is-the-fastest-data-network-in-india-but-suffers-low-speeds-in-metro-cities-276123.html

No wonder why ookla & opensignal are trying to prove that Airtel is the fastest & Jio is the slowest.

It doesn't matter in my case as I believe myself & I am experiencing very good speed on Jio (13 - 16 Mbps during peak & > 28 Mbps during night). Before using Jio I was satisfied with Reliance CDMA (speed as well as cost).

Imho instead of proving itself the fastest network, Airtel should try to prove that their tariff plans are best compared to Jio's.

Basically I personally need good moderate decent speed (I think most of us are not looking for fastest network) but looking for an economical solution (though Jio is something more than economical).

While using Internet since 1997-98 I had never ever thought that I may get mobile Internet for such dirt cheap price and as far as Voice call rates are concerned, the drop from ₹24.00/min to ₹0.40p/min came too soon when Rim was launched & today ended in Free calls & SMS while avoid is still mentioning about blackout days (base rates apply) with their plans.

Not to mention, some of the Jio apps also attract me like Jio Mags, Jio Newspaper, Jio Security, Jio Music & JioTV.

Now waiting for Jio Dth launch. ;)

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Basically I personally need good moderate decent speed (I think most of us are not looking for fastest network) but looking for an economical solution (though Jio is something more than economical).

I agree that Economic data with decent speed > High speed network. But there is still one more thing, that is much much more important. That is RELIABILITY. Reliability >> Economy > SPEED.

In my case, speed of Jio is much greater than Airtel (both 3G as well as 4G). Plus Jio is much economical OBVIOUSLY, comparing Airtel. I always use JIO for Prime Videos, YouTube, Tubemate, etc. I have 3 Jio numbers (incl one JioFi2 pocket router connection) each with Prime Rs999 done already and hence with SuSu offer -- 100GB for 3 months with NO daily FUP. But for simple, yet important jobs like, tatkal train ticket booking, net banking, even e-commerce (for cc transactions), I will use Airtel (even its 3G DC-HSPA+ is much reliable).

Just few days back, I was applying for passport for my relative online, using JioFi2. The net disconnects frequently and I got irritated, that I have to use my Airtel's 3G connection (with hotspot) to get the job done without any issues -- duration around 20 to 25 minutes. I got calls in between as well. Jio is NOT 100% reliable.

Screenshot_2017-04-25-00-52-15.thumb.png.930bd854d8e2166261991bc00e42d03f.png

At first glance, everything looks great, right?? Great 23+ Mbps DL speed, 6+Mbps UL speed, just 50+ milli-second ping. Wonderful. But Just take note of two more things there, JITTER and SINR. Here Jitter is 150% of PING, WTF? For a data network with just 50ms ping, jitter is expected to hover in single digit of milli-sec only (worst case <20ms). Jitter shows abrupt change of latency (Not exactly, but something like that). Thank God, there is at least NO packet loss.

The second point is BAD SINR -- Signal to Noise Ratio. In Airtel, I have seen SINR @ 26dbm max and worse case it is >10 dbm. In Jio, I have seen even neg SINR values. This shows, still a hell lot of optimization needs to be done on their towers / equipments.

The reason I think is THE FREELOADERS. Even now, I know so many people who has NOT even done Rs99 prime recharge, enjoying 4G data (MyJio shows valid till 21 July --  WTF???) without any issues. Jio is THE modern day RobinHood of wireless data, who get money from paid customers and serve the FREELOADERS.

I am very very thankful to Jio, as they are the real reasons, we are getting affordable data tariffs. I used to pay 2000+ Rs every month for my single number to Airtel -- all for 8GB data + 10,000 minutes of free calls incl roaming + CUG. But right now I am just paying them Rs649, but getting UnLimited calls + 19GB data per month. I am almost getting thrice the benefits for one-third of the price now, all thanks to Jio for bringing the much needed competition in Telecom sector.

But wireless networks have limitations, (thanks to Physics) and by keeping on serving the FREE users will really hurt the experience for paid and loyal customers. I have even heard murmur of few users who have done Rs99+Rs303 recharge and they may NOT recharge after August, if freeloaders get free service till July (as per their myJio app). Jio must NOT forget that for MOST of their PAID customers, Jio is still SECONDARY sim only.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I agree that Economic data with decent speed > High speed network. But there is still one more thing, that is much much more important. That is RELIABILITY. Reliability >> Economy > SPEED.

I totally agree with you. This "Reliability" is the major reason behind further extension in form of 3 months "Summer Surprise" or Paid "Dhan Dhana Dhan" offers. Jio still need time.

15 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Just few days back, I was applying for passport for my relative online, using JioFi2. The net disconnects frequently and I got irritated, that I have to use my Airtel's 3G connection (with hotspot) to get the job done without any issues -- duration around 20 to 25 minutes. I got calls in between as well. Jio is NOT 100% reliable.

I have been using Jio as my main data connection & till now twice I have experienced full network outage for few hours - once in Mumbai and once in Haridwar. There was also some severe speed issues during the free period of welcome offer & Happy New Year Offer, when Jio network was crawling. I have also experienced similar outage issues to the extent of 24 hours in Vodafone, MTNL, Reliance 3G & CDMA networks a few times before the advent of Jio.

Yes Jio's roaming coverage was great with signal present everywhere while traveling from Mumbai to Delhi and up to Haridwar.

YES! Jio is NOT 100% reliable at present. My Primary number is still Vodafone & Secondary number is Reliance 4G (Upgraded CDMA 93 series). I use Jio mainly for Data and personal outgoing calls only.

48 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I am very very thankful to Jio, as they are the real reasons, we are getting affordable data tariffs.

This is the biggest contribution by Jio - for bringing the Internet (affordability) within the reach of a common man.:cheer:

So whether someone is using Jio or not is still benefited by Jio.:thumb:

• Like 1

^^^

Speed test shows good speeds but reality is so very different whenever I call my brother via facetime its poor connection or reconnection every few minutes and websites takes ages to load many a times webpages show page cannot be found then auto refresh to open such is jio speed and reliability. I do agree on your point thanks to Jio entry and erstwhile RIM entry mobile industry has been revolutionized free incoming back then cheaper data now. Jio is working on quantity concept and ignoring quality aspect.If this continues people who came to Jio for better services may soon leave jio.

All said and done one thing for which Jio must be credited for is their infra given the amount of load it takes with so many free loaders it is still running and going good I am unsure if AVoId group can individually take this load individually and sustain.

Fingers crossed and hope Jio quickly focuses on quality aspect ASAP  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

All said and done one thing for which Jio must be credited for is their infra given the amount of load it takes with so many free loaders it is still running and going good I am unsure if AVoId group can individually take this load individually and sustain.

Some facts :-

Jio, which has the world’s largest greenfield 4G LTE wireless broadband network, with over 100,000 mobile towers, will add another 100,000 towers to the network in the coming months. It is the only operator which has deployed pan-India LTE network across the 800MHz, 1800MHz and 2300MHz bands, giving it tremendous capacity advantage.

Source

The company said that in terms of data usage it "has become the largest network globally" and plans to add 1 lakh mobile sites in coming months to double the network size. "Jio continues its rapid ramp-up of subscriber base and as of March 31, 2017, there were 108.9 million subscribers on the network," Reliance Jio said in a statement.

With more than 110 crore gigabyte of data traffic per month and 220 crore voice and video minutes a day, "Jio has become the largest network globally" in terms of data carried and contributed to India becoming the leading country in the world for mobile data usage. "Jio users are today consuming nearly as much data as on all the mobile networks in the US and 50 per cent more data than mobile networks in China in a clear indication that India will adopt digitisation and Digital Life faster than anyone else in the world," the statement said.

Source

This itself proves that Jio has a robust infrastructure handling such traffic and will further smoothen with the addition of 1,00,000 towers in the coming months.

In the past 6 months Jio WiFi Hotspots has increased from 1 to almost 12 (nearby locations) in my area & more are expected in the coming months.

20 hours ago, LTE4G said:

This is the biggest contribution by Jio - for bringing the Internet (affordability) within the reach of a common man.:cheer:

Very TRUE...

On 4/25/2017 at 3:11 AM, LTE4G said:

I have been using Jio as my main data connection & till now twice I have experienced full network outage for few hours - once in Mumbai and once in Haridwar. There was also some severe speed issues during the free period of welcome offer & Happy New Year Offer, when Jio network was crawling. I have also experienced similar outage issues to the extent of 24 hours in Vodafone, MTNL, Reliance 3G & CDMA networks a few times before the advent of Jio.

YES! Jio is NOT 100% reliable at present. My Primary number is still Vodafone & Secondary number is Reliance 4G (Upgraded CDMA 93 series). I use Jio mainly for Data and personal outgoing calls only.

Yes. In 2003, MDA brought mobile to the reach of commonman through RIM. In just 3 months call rates fell from Rs.10/min to Re.1/min. 14 years later he did the same for data. 

I also use Jio mainly for data, with RCom 4G (the new avatar of RIM) for voice. But sometimes even RCom plays truant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Yes. In 2003, MDA brought mobile to the reach of commonman through RIM. In just 3 months call rates fell from Rs.10/min to Re.1/min. 14 years later he did the same for data.

I wonder why some people are still complaining regarding Jio' pricing & also frowning against the withdrawal of unlimited night (2 AM - 5 AM).

Those who have recharged with ₹499/- & above got 100GB Flat for 90 days & those stuck with ₹303/- Summer Surprise 1GB/day can always recharge with Booster-pack if needed.

I think they are the one who never complained while 1GB 3G data used to cost ₹251/- for 28 days.

How can we be so GREEDY? Why can't we be rational? :confuse:

• Like 4

I have just ported one of my idea prepaid number to Jio by paying 99+309 for DDD offer.

But at my home I am getting very pathetic speed it is even slow then 2g :(:(. HD video call is also not working upto the mark.

I am getting average/good speed in my office. 

I have raised service request through jio.com, but still no response.

Is there any other option available ?

6 hours ago, vishalmcp said:

I have just ported one of my idea prepaid number to Jio by paying 99+309 for DDD offer.

But at my home I am getting very pathetic speed it is even slow then 2g :(:(. HD video call is also not working upto the mark.

I am getting average/good speed in my office. 

I have raised service request through jio.com, but still no response.

You should get a call back in 72 hours.

6 hours ago, vishalmcp said:

Is there any other option available ?

Open MyJio app and check if there is any Jio WiFi Hotspot near your home location.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-11 at 23.12.19.jpeg

This is the maximum speed I got on Jio. That's too inside underground Metro at Kalighat-Jatin Das station. 

Edited by inception

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

You should get a call back in 72 hours.

Open MyJio app and check if there is any Jio WiFi Hotspot near your home location.

No call back from customer care till... :(

Also, no WiFi hotspot near my home :( 

it was showing 3 hotspot & all are almost 3 Km away..

After not getting callback from CC, I had raised another service request through jio.com.

Both the tickets were resolved, without any solution.

I raised third ticket, & this time I got call from CC. CC told their seems to be congestion in my area due to high usage. CC told they will address the issue & again resolved the ticket.

Is there any other way, I can escalate the issue ? 

1 hour ago, vishalmcp said:

Is there any other way, I can escalate the issue ? 

Try

Mumbai appellate authority

Paresh Yadav

appellate.mum@jio.com

Mention you ticket numbers while emailing or calling.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Try

Mumbai appellate authority

Paresh Yadav

appellate.mum@jio.com

Mention you ticket numbers while emailing or calling.

thank you @LTE4G I will try sending an email & will wait for the response.

I did not port my regular numbers to Jio because the signal is poor at my residence. I raised service requests for each of my SIMs, but did not get any call back. After a few days, when I checked the site, the Service Requests are marked closed, I don't know how!

On 5/21/2017 at 8:18 AM, d_d said:

I did not port my regular numbers to Jio because the signal is poor at my residence. I raised service requests for each of my SIMs, but did not get any call back. After a few days, when I checked the site, the Service Requests are marked closed, I don't know how!

That happens many times. I started raising complain on twitter. They will respond there. I had the same problem and complain was closed without any feedback. I again raised the issue and got a call. The problem was solved within a month as site required an upgrade.