Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
compenn

Laptop Discussion

Hello people,

I am going to get this laptop from my college on 1st June for my MBA. Can you tell me about it? Here are the details :

Laptop : DELL D510

<snapped>

do not buy at very high rate because:

1. laptop in theft is very comon.

2. repairing is very difficult and costly after warranty

3. life of laptop is nearlu about 3 to 5 years

Hi,

Thanks Arun and Nilay. Actually, i am not buying it, i will be getting it from the college. And its price will be deducted from the fees. So i do not have any other configuration option. Can anyone guess what its price will be approximately??

Thanks,

Rohit

Hi,

The college is ICFAI Business School, Bangalore. There, till last year, they didnt had any compulsion on laptop. Those who didnt want it got an exemption in the fees. But this year, they have made it mandatory. I wanted to get one actually because it is going to be useful. Well, they are charging 5.5 Lakhs as fees :D . So they definitely ought to get a good lappy :clap:

But the Lappy of my dreams is this one!! :clap:

101ead75ffe8645775d5ba4b97c44abc.jpg

Ya i know about it well. ICFAI does not needs a damn AICTE or a UGC approval for its courses. Its a class apart. The industry knows its course quality. Dont worry about it.

Dude, see for yourself where ICFAI stands. A B school doesnt gets into top 10-12 just like that year after year. And talking abt the industry, if i start listing the companies, my post will be deleted for being too long. And as a matter of fact, I know lots of ICFAI Alumni who are working in good companies and drawing handsome pay packages. So stop the discussion about ICFAI here. This thread is regarding the Laptops man, not ICFAI and Other B schools.

Regarding the Bangalore meet, go ahead with it. I will be in Bangalore after May. Best of Luck.

Edited by Rohit Rocker

Hi folks,

Need some advice. Am considering the HP Pavilion dv5118TX for purchase. The specs are:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

• Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2300 with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology (1.66GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)

• 15.4" colour WXGA BrightView

• 1GB (1 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM (667MHZ)

• 100GB (5400 rpm) HDD

• Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R

• NVIDIA GeForce® Go 7400 (up to 256MB system memory shared with >=512MB system memory).

• Price: Around 65K

Need it for graphics related work.

Anybody out there with any experience on this machine? Any feedback to give? Any advice to share?

Many thanks in advance.

eskay.

I love AMD and using AMD 64 bit on 32 bit OS, but very fast and stable.

consider DELL.... Centrino duo procesor-2 models for 49,999 & 55K respectivly. Chek dell india site for detail config. the higher priced one has Wifi n DVD Dual layer writer.

Personally, i like toshibas.. PROBLEM FREE. in last 4 years havent visited a service centre once. bought new one last yr..again a toshiba.

I think we had a thread on laptops... try searching it. Also, the mods may want to merge the two threads.

eskay, i've sold dv5118 and it simply rocks !!

so go for it without a second thought.

I think we had a thread on laptops... try searching it. Also, the mods may want to merge the two threads.

Merged, Thanks !

Just one suggestion,dont go for Toshiba,Dell,lenovo etc,simply for the reason that they dont assemble their systems in India so the cost is much higher for the same features as they have to pay higher import duty.

I came to know this from a friend in Dell.

Go for Acer,Compaq because they assemble their systems in India as so they r much cheaper for the same features.

What about sahara computers laptop,saw an add in local dainik bhaskar Centrino M 360 processor 256mb ram based laptop at 26990 + 1500 handling & other charges.Is it acceptable & ne one tried,share its performance.

Edited by amitbt22

eskay, i've sold dv5118 and it simply rocks !!

so go for it without a second thought.

Thanks, Harsh.

i want follwing conf.

Processor above Intel 2.0

Ram 256 MB

DVD writer

80 GB HDD

and i hv a budget of 30000

plz help me to buy a laptop

hey ashisbabu, i think u need 2 increase ur budget with ur reqd config.. if price is primary consideration point..go for acer..its cheapest of all brands.. but for quality go for HP/Compaq..well other dell n leveno are high-end..also their accesories r costly compared to HP/Compaq..

CHeers!

You would find it very difficult to find a new laptop with DVD Writer and 80 GB HDD for a budget of 30k. Moreover, for a laptop one should better consider the Intel® Pentium® Mobile processor and 1.5 - 1.7 Ghz are considered as good performers in this processor series. Such a laptop should be available at a range of 40k now.

well HP is providing celeron-m, 40gb, dvd dual in around 34K....

well HP is providing celeron-m, 40gb, dvd dual in around 34K....

Can u give me the configuration for this laptop or any web page

That must have been HP Compaq Presario V2363TU which is older now. Here's a better one: HP Compaq Presario V2623TS at 37K

well specifically and truly didnt konw abt model number but when i was purchasing my one another customer was purchasing that one so i knew ....