Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gurup

Should Reliance Reduce Prices?

He's talking abt a similar CableNet, thing that i use! Its a leased line that the local Cable Guy takes from SIFY,DISHNET or Any other BroadBand Company and distribute amongst ppl. And yes its an unlimited download plan!! Happy Goin, cracker!

I still don't know why sify call it self sify broadband?

When it comes to broadband I think speed should not be less than 512 kbps

As per TRAI, any connection above 256 kbps is classified as Broadband. Since they have plans above 256 kbps, Sify added "Broadband" to their name, all ISPs do like that even though their entry level popular plan connection speed is usually 64 kbps or 128 kbps only.

;) hmm..

I am planning to get sify broadband 256Kbps Unlimited for 1200/-. May be in a week or two (this is major problem with them it may take a month before you get the connection from them, in worst case).

My friend is using the same and the speed he gets is 64Kbps + in the peak hours !!

I will have both reliance and sify for about a week so lemme compare both. coz @ peak hours I am getting 1000bps in reliance (!! and it takes 4-5 mins to load msn.com :( )

then why are u using reliance at all?

I mean if all services and costs are better in airtel why are u sticking to reliance?

40475[/snapback]

Good question!

Most of my calls are STD and Reliance Joy499 seems to be the optimal plan for my kind of usage. If my usage pattern changes from STD to Local then I may switch to GSM or Landline (currently, I do not have a landline).

check India broadband forums and you will know why I am so negative about Sify!

yeah ... recently Sify seems to be in shambles as far as service standards are concerned

Cheers

Ashok

Guys . ive taken up Airtel DSL . 128kbps .. i get d/w speeds upto 50-60kilobits /sec on any time of the day ..

I also play CS @ Latency min being [1xx] ! .. Chal tha hai !

yeah.. me too logged in thru AIRTEL DSL.... unlimited 128KBPS... for 600/- a month i feel its kindof cool life unlike RConnect. Download speeds depend on the kind of server u are using but its good. it starts off with 80-60-50 but settles down to 15-20 KBPS... which is still good

Do we have that facility from airtel in Mumbai ?

how much does the installation of airtel cost?

Guys I have airtel Connection, till now i have now problems with the service, I live in south of Delhi and the connection speed is always good. My PC stays on all the time (24X7). I am downloading something or the other all the time even when I am in office. I was using Home 128 plan but recently I have upgraded to Home 999 Plus plan.

Tanveer you should visit the Airtel.in site and check all the plans available according to your need.

Please somebody describe me about the Plan which used by Raamchi. I think Raamchi u may help me! I will take airtel connection if i see some profit in this plan. Please help me!

Thanks and Take Care!

Please somebody describe me about the Plan which used by Raamchi. I think Raamchi u may help me!  I will take airtel connection if i see some profit in this plan. Please help me!

Thanks and Take Care!

41681[/snapback]

Mr Rajan,

In my area Airtel used to provide GPRS services for Prepaid and Postpaid customers @ Rs 250 Per Month. I have taken up Total Freedom 99 plan and opted for GPRS connection @Rw 250 Per Month for unlimited usage. See one of my previous posts where I have attached my monthly bill.

In some areas they may not be offering this plan as they might charge around Rs 600 for unlimited usage thru GPRS connections. In some places they may NOT even allow you to take up Rs 99 plans instead they would force you to take up minimum Rs 300 (and above) plans if you need GPRS connections.

Also, their performance varies from one place to the other. Initially, i took up this GPRS service on a trail basis for couple of months. Only after I have found out that Airtel GPRS connection satisfied my ordinary browsing needs, I continued with their service for more than one year.

In Chennai they are offering uninterrupted & unlimited Broadband service (thru Landline ofcourse) @256 Kpbs for Rs 999 per month. You may need to check with Airtel on this as well. But if you take up this service you may not able to browse thru your mobile phone instead you may need to access it thru a landline phone.

Let me know, if you need more information on this. As some one suggested wait for festivel time where they may come up with cheaper schemes.

I know for SURE that there is Data cap on Australian internet connections.

India is not the only country, We have cousins in the south pacific to crib along with!!!

:clap:

I agree that Ambanis and Reliance are known for ripping Indians pockets! They even had to pay the penalty for the government for doing mischievous things what alternate we have? Only TATA, which is another Reliance!!!!

I am paying only Rs. 250 per month accessing internet thru my mobile [Airtel] which is giving decent speed. Thru Rconnect also I am getting same speed but I need to pay almost 10 times if I use my internet service at the same level as I do with the other provider. My internet connection thru airtel is unlimited.

Only in India we have this strange thing as Data usage. I have not heard this in any other country, where the rates are fixed for the entire month.

I would not use Reliance Rconnect for my internet connection unless they reduce the rate like Airtel. They can never give internet connection like broadband any way.

Soon GSM providers may able to give Broad band internet connection thru EDGE/3G facilities by which time Reliance would have lost their race by thousand miles. Already, they are light years behind as far as handsets are concerned.

38632[/snapback]

It is not availabel at all locations in your city. I had called them up and they told me that it was not present in my area at present but wil be available soon

CAN U PLEASE SEND ME THE WEBLISK FOR AIR TEL MOBILE INTERNET SCHEME

42532[/snapback]

www.airtel.in is the website. I have Home 999 plus, in which I am getting 256 KBPS speed with no limit of usage and Data. This is a great Plan. Nobody offers such plan. :clap:

it has been almost one full year the reliance reduced rconnect price, since than many gsm operators have started providing internet services through gprs and they are successfull too, wouldnt it be a wise decision from reliance to further reduce r connect price, atmost rs 300 for 1 gb data limit.

what a turnaround, amit ! Instead of reducing the prices, they have discontinued the existing data based plans ! Closing thread as this topic deals with the data based plan which doesn't exist anymore. To discuss about the new time based plans, go here.