Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nil

Suggest me a New Handset

For your first query regd sending a message to the user you are away i.e. effectively a customised sms to all users will fulfilled by Nokia 6630. With respect to your second query about sending diff. sms to diff users automatically can be fulfilled by any Symbian Series 60 phone where in there are loads of applications (free and shareware) who do the needful.

Over and out.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mitul

can you please tell me the name of such applications which will do this i am not able to find such aplication. or just tell me the technology behind this application so that i can search application

ne ways thanks for this handset info

Hello EveryoNe

This is my first Review.

I m planning to get rid of my LG 2030 piece.

I m stuck betwn nokia 6585 and LG 6130 bec both suit my budget and suchi dont need a Cam also.

Can someone suggest me abt the SMS memory of both of these cells????

:clap:

go for 6585. better mem for msgs comparing to 6130. even SMS character is 160 where is 140 in 6130.

Munna: I thought characters/message in all CDMA mobiles was limited to 140 and for GSM - 160!

However some phones support long text messages (around 300-500+/characters per message) by taking the message and splitting it into a number of smaller messages. A low-end LG also supports this functionality I think.

----------------From Mouthshut for the LG 6130 - http://www.mouthshut.com/review/LG_RD_6130-68660-1.html

Messages:The phone supports both MMS and SMS. SMS storage capacity is particularly less. It stores only 31 messages. Moreover as it supports Hindi as well and therefore the capacity reduces if the message received is in Hindi. However 15 sent and unsent msgs. can be stored in Outbox. 5 MMS messages can be stored each having a maximum limit of about 100KB. 4 can be saved in Unsent and other 5 can be saved in drafts so the total MMS capacity is about 13. Moreover MMS cannot be sent to GSM networks currently only RIM fones have MMS sharing. ---------------------------

--------------- From the RIM website - http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/h..._nokia6585.html

Messaging: Send and receive text messages (Maximum 90, including Inbox, Sent Items, Archives and My Folders).

Receive SMS in Hindi; Also send SMS to 10 numbers at a time.

Group SMS: Up to 8 Distribution list can be created with 10 recipients each.------------

Obviously there are million other differences between the two such as cams, screen colours, polyphony etc etc.

message size is limi to 160 in CDMA but it becomes 140 as 20 chars are reserved for priority headers and other nonsense stuff. Nokias has best OS. If you are not keen for cam or R world choose appropriate nokia than LG or SAM.

Nokia supports 160 chars and I could make it upto 172, as received on other LG / SAM handset. It became 172 chars though I sent 180 chars.

Receipts in nokias are not stored in Inbox so save you from deleting receipts thereby saving memory

Edited by kshah

Hi

I think you should go for Nokia 6585. It is available at Rs. 6,800 with the Nokia Priority Dealers in Delhi.

Thanks

NetSavvy

guys does 3125 supports full RWorld..i mean videos also.

And like 3120 does 3125 have independent 'mini browser' thing or do i hv to go thru RWorld to surf wap pages using that clumsy browser that reliance provides in rworld.

Does it support polyphonic ringtone download frm mms or 8888 like services

guys does 3125 supports full RWorld..i mean videos also.

And like 3120 does 3125 have independent 'mini browser' thing or do i hv to go thru RWorld to surf wap pages using that clumsy browser that reliance provides in rworld.

Does it support polyphonic ringtone download frm mms or 8888 like services

36030[/snapback]

RIM supports almost all the 4 digit content based services like 8888, 2525, 2424, 7333, 3366, 8558, 7827. For more info go to R-World-->Hot n New-->SMS Special.

Regarding the ringtones download through 8888, if your handset has R-World support, you can download polyphonic as well as monophonic ringtones. But if you are using the one without R-World, you can download only monophonic ringtones.

no mini browser and it does not have r surf menu in rworld too

only text in r world

for 3125

36063[/snapback]

Then comparing this 3125 to gsm 3120...it is 3120 minus WAP.... which boils down to a colour mobile with basically nothing...not even the mere wap connectivity (only text RWorld is nothing that gr8 a feature).

It is something like 3120 gsm minus GPRS...something like nokia2600..a most entry level stuff. But look at the price!

Tcha! Why the hell does Reliance like to play God with nokia sets??

And as per ringtones frm services like 8888 nokia's accpt only mono tones.

i currently have a lg6130 and its kind of falling apart on me, two months with 180 hours talktime on the phone. the battery really doesnt hold a charge and the charger port needs to be played with before it will start charging (loose connection maybe). so i noticed that the nokia 6255 is out for 12. i heard that the 6265 is coming out soon, which month approx and how much? so my question is, do i buy the 6255 now or wait for the 6265? thanks for the help. :'(

Edited by bbyf16

Anyday 6265. And even if you dislike 6265 when it is released you can then settle for 6255 coz at that time after five months it will be much cheaper. So have patience.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mitul

Anyday 6265. And even if you dislike 6265 when it is released you can then settle for 6255 coz at that time after five months it will be much cheaper. So have patience.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mitul

36648[/snapback]

Buddy welcome to the world of technology i.e. aaj yeah hain tau kal woh hain. Tomorrow when 6265 will be released and when 6255 is available for 8K or less there will be another freakin 6*** that will make you drool and think :'( nahi this is the one should i wait a lil longer?.

You should decide first ki what all features you require in a fone that will suffice for another 1-2 years keeping in mind your budget constraints. Can you do currently or you seriously need another fone?. i don't want to sound like a mgr but :'( its you who have to decide

baki rest in peace :(

Edited by liquidnitrogen

I wana buy new nokia handset whihc shld i go for fomr 3125, 6585, 6225 i waana go anyone from this three handset. please advice which one is good. Please reply as soon as possible

Dude you got to tell us more like what your needs are SMS, memory/phonebook, wap, rworld, talktime duration, connectivity, price etc etc etc.

Incase you can't answer them all at least give a few points on which people can advise you.

Thats the best option. Dude you interested!

38354[/snapback]

Hi i`m looking for the longer battery life, Cam really not intrested, FM will do but not on priority. should have good sms storage capacity. Rworld anywasy its pay so not really needed

If u r not so much for CAM, then u can dump 6225, coz anyways its image quality on the screen of the phone is so sad that it makes u feel as if u've made a wrong choice! rest is all good in that phone, including its FM.

Dude the 563 comes with TWO (yes thats right TWO) batteries! Plus a base station charger on which you can charge one battery while the second is on the phone.

It comes with a whopping 89 + 10 SMS capacity! ;):clap::clap:

And the COMPLETE RWORLD is accessible as a freebie!

Buy mine! Buy mine!

Dude the 563 comes with TWO (yes thats right TWO) batteries! Plus a base station charger on which you can charge one battery while the second is on the phone.

It comes with a whopping 89 + 10 SMS capacity! ;)   :clap:   :clap:

Buy mine! Buy mine!

38366[/snapback]

Sorry to say but dont wana buy tht handset ....................................... Rt now will be going for the Nokia.......... just b`coz of longer battery life..... .................

Anujit sure seems Desperate to kick off that handset!!

Comeon Anujit... seems like we will have a new thread to sell the most well advertised handset on RIMWEB

It comes with a whopping 89 + 10 SMS capacity! ;)   :clap:   :clap:

Buy mine! Buy mine!

38366[/snapback]

Please post tht thing in buying n selling handset. I really dont wana go for tht flap ones now. wana go for nokia is simple b`coz of long battery life. and Rworld i dont use Rworld not intrested in shelling more money in monthly bill and no more second handset. My funda buy new handset as soon as warrnty of old hanset expires. So sorry dude..............

I wana buy new nokia handset whihc shld i go for fomr 3125, 6585, 6225 i waana go anyone from this three handset. please advice which one is good. Please reply as soon as possible

38327[/snapback]

Nokia? With RIM?

Why ;(