Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nil

Suggest me a New Handset

Hi Friends,

After a few frustrating months with Orange (bad network, high call charges), I have finally decided to bite the bullet and decided to move to Reliance. However I am stuck with choice of handset for now. I am used to having high end handsets in GSM. However, there do not seem to be any comparable handsets right now in CDMA. My handset of choice would have been the new moto razr cdma, which doesn't seem to be getting released in any time near future.

So for now I am planning to settle for a compromise handset, in which case my most important requirement would be stable handset, as in voice clarity, good reception, good battery life, bug-free OS.

From the feedback I have, nokia seems to be the best choice and I had almost settled for Nokia 3125, then I found that a friend of mine and his dad, both had nokia 3125 and they had problems with voice clarity in that set.

So can the esteemed forum members please help me with the best choice of handset, with respect to the points mentioned above, viz. voice clarity, good reception, good battery life, bug-free OS and keeping the budget under 5k.

thanks a lot.

Anand

If you aren't too keen on sticking to Nokia, the LG Jukebox phone seems pretty good.

Since you are not particular about camera or MP3 in your phone, and since your budget is under 5K, you can opt for an LG RD 5130 (should cost you less than Rs.3500 now), Nokia 3125, Nokia 3105 OR Nokia 6585. Every handset does seem to have one problem or the other, but LG RD 5130 has done fairly well.

No Problem for me with nokia 3125.Till nk6235 release i preferred only 3125 Excellent voice clarity in low network condition,Excellent signal strength over ne sets released by reliance & also No.1 batry backup.This is my personal experience & opinion.Since i am in a low network area where signal bar dance from one to two bars.In present conditon i would recommend u nk 6235 Packed with above mentioned features as well as superfast Cpu speed & Multimedia capabilities.In playing songs it outperformed d so called famous nk6600 Gsm.

Hi Friends ! out of LG 2340 and LG 2430.............which one is a better handset.........and whats the difference between two except looks & design

S

Hi Friends,

Recently I was about to buy a new cell phone 6230 or 6235, after seeing the review I am worried & confuced on which shud I go for. The basic things I am looking for n a phone is tht it shud have an FM & camera shud be good wherein I can print pics [good mega pix camera) & video shoot for a longer duration. Can somebody suggest me.

Also any idea wht is the mega pixel of N 6225.

Dhiraj M.

Nokia phones are sheer waste. I have wasted around INR 60K (6600, 6255& N90) on Nokia phones. Nokia (Damn) Customer (Dont) Care will make sure your experience with Nokia goes further South.

You can give Nokia a royal skip. Sony Ericsson would be an ideal choice but I really doubt if SE has any CDMA version.

My best suggestion is to go for unbranded cheapest model and wait for SE to comeup with a suitable model of your liking. Nokia phones are just rippers.

If you want to know the better one out of LG 6230 and N 6235, i'd suggest you go for N6235. You will not regret!

but you wont get video shoot of long duration in n6235 . its possible only in lg 6230 with sd card(extra , not with set ) . but photo n movie quality and fm are in nokia 6235

Well Sir Nk 6235 consists of superfast cpu & software speed.Excellent Music quality than Nk6600,Nk 6255 & besides better Rworld support than Lg 6230 :P

As on 2day which is the best phone model to buy? I am looking for camera /recorder ranging below Rs10,000/-

archie go for 6230 or 6235. all details discussed at many places in this forum.

Hi Friends ! out of LG 2340 and LG 2430.............which one is a better handset.........and whats the difference between two except looks & design

S

I don't think there is any difference. In fact, atleast to my eyes, 2340 looks cute than 2430. no difference at all in battery life/call quality/network reception. Mostly same hardware in different clothes.

hi well i would like to purchase a new handset for my reliance connection. i have the pioneer offer. anyway my budget is 6 to 8.5 k . i want it to be able to play mp3 as well n have expandable memory.. pl suggest me some handsets n at wat price i can buy em n where.. i stay in pune. pl help. :-)

ps

1. what happens to my old lg handset after the upgrade?

2.do all the handsets have a pc connect?

thanks

go for lg 6230 .. u will get it around 7800-7900.

u can sell ur old handset or put a new no in it

There are only 2 comparable(!!) handsets..LG6230 or N6235 (stilll I personally feel that N6235 is far more better than LG6230)....but if u want expandable memory, 6230 is the only option in ur bucket...

LG6230-Approx 7800

N6235-Approx 8000

Search for the comparision....its every where on the forum!

Edited by theking

All members, I am the newest entrant to this forum. Actually i stumbled on it while googling. Now I had been hitting on buying an 6230 so as to upgrade from my extremely good but old 2130. Infact I was ready to buy it by end of next week. But going through this thread, i am not so sure now. :clap:

Can anyone tell me which phone to buy so that i get features with minimum hassles. i mean if there is a camera, or mp3 player, then i should be able to trasnfer files pc 2 phone easily, and this format war[mjpeg] that you guys have mentioned has left me totally confused. :lol:

I do not need a fm because i have a radio itself and it goes great when I am in cities that offer fm service.

Other than that i wud like a colour screen and few features added on.

Please guide me :lol:

p.s. I had mailed the RSC guys, they said they are offering the miniSD card with the 6230. dunno though whether it was free or they wud charge something for it. A WW guy in my hometown is friendly with me, do you think it wud be gr8 if I took his ideas too? 1 thing I am sure of, I am with rim so please do not tell me to switch to GSM.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

If you want to know abt me, here i am http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=3341

@gr8usr: You haven't which your old handset is, but your profile says LG RD 2030. Your old handset will become blank (you can use a GSK to activate it with a new number if you want) or else sell it for for Rs.500 - Rs.750

LG RD 6230 fits your bill, and you can connect it to PC.

@liveonrim: You haven't mentioned your budget, but LG RD 6230 should be fine if you have the miniSD card alongside.

Hi,

I want to buy a new handset (With R-Connect).

Budget up to 3.5K, Preferred company (Nokia, Samsung, LG).

Kindly suggest me with the best possible options available.

Pl : This is for Bangalore region, Also let me know if I could purchase he mobile from some other State & activate it in Bangalore (If incase there is a difference in Pricing).

Regards,

Ram

Please do not post the same message more than once and in more then one place.

Your duplicate messages will be closed/deleted.

can any1 suggest me a entry level handset which ill use only for sms.

i see options at lg 2340,ut starcomm and spectra......whts the price of balank lg 2530?

if any1 has second hand handset to offer in delhi thn plez get in touch.i also have nokia 6235 which i wanna sell.3 months old brand new condition.used with lots of care.i expect atleast 6.2k for it....hope its reaseanable.i have shifted to tata hence.........

abhishek

abhishek1711@hotmail.com

Go for 2340 or 2430 or 2530......

No wonder all have some functions only body is diffrent..

But good if ur looking only for sms stuff...

thnksss 2350 is ok...whts its price?blank handset..i hate 2340 look

thnksss 2350 is ok...whts its price?blank handset..i hate 2340 look

Im not sure if the blank handsets are available in market.. check it out with WW or some WWE...

They were sold along with life time plan.. So no idea if they are available blank as well..

But still blank would not cost u more than 1500..... :help: