Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nil

Suggest me a New Handset

hi,

I am upgrading from GTran. So please suggest me good handset. After my experiance with GTRAN ( which i wont recommend to anyone), i have following requirements -

- Good battery Life .... ( My Gtran doesn't last even for 24 hours ... have done all battery methods .... it doesn't improve)

- Color handset

- SMS to many/SMS word wrap .... ( I am in DAPO :clap1: )

- good PC Sync

- dowloadable games/ringtones

- preferably internal camera ... ( external camera is pain ... have GTran experiance)

- preferably w/o flap ... ( Cell gets dirty .... scratchess... no cover is available)

- Wap browser ( R-world is not so imp as it will be paid soon)

If i can also get Camera/FM radio/InfraRed/other geeky features in it, it would be gr8.

Thanks in advance.

- nil

PS: can we have a chart/ rating for all Reliance handsets based on some standard features available ????

Hi nil,

Nokia 6225 has everything you want and if you can live without RWORLD. If you like funky phones, select 3205 that has a torch too and it actualy works.

The lower cost 6585 is same as 6225 without camera.

Regards

UD

Plus you have the Nokia Label also to go along with it!!

every handset has some flaws but i guess if u want a non flip open phone

and other requirenents that u mentioned:

go for 6130

nokia has certain advantages but i guess the color display is poor and r world is not supported

and all wap access on reliance phones is through R world only

so i guess 6130 at 6799 will be a good buy.

read all the reviews of all the phones and then take a decision

I bought GTRAN in a hurry and had to suffer for it

before buying 723 0 i didi a lot of research and now i am very happy with it.

Thanks all of u for ur replies.

I have one more query ..... hows battery life of LG6130/7230 and NOkia 6585??

btw ...ne1 has idea abt cost of nokia 6585 ??

- nil

For 7230 battery life is superb.I am getting nearly 48hrs with moderate

usage.

SIvashankkar

Yes, the LG RD 7230 is recommended if you can shell out 10K bucks

I know u guys are kinda bored to answer this types of questions, but seriously,Reliance is taking too long to launch any new mobile. The Nokia 6255 is in the labs for ages now. No new model from Samsung and LG too, save for the untold 5330.

Are there any new mobiles launching soon at all? Because I have to buy one reliance mobile in a few weeks, and compulsorily before this month ends. I have settled on 6130, but I can't get my eyes off the Nokia 6255. Will it be under or above 10K? Will it be supporting R-World? What's the expected date of launch?

And one more important thing. I am in Mumbai, and the current available numbers of GSK are almost random numbers. Can someone provide me some cool, easy to remember number? I am ready to pay more than the usual price of GSK, if necessary. I request Munnamobile and other dealers of RIM to pls PM me if they have some interesting number.

Lastly, what's ur advice? Should I go for 6130 or should I wait for a few more days? And just for the curiosity, has LG6000 started showing all R-World content?

I know u guys are kinda bored to answer this types of questions, but seriously,Reliance is taking too long to launch any new mobile. The Nokia 6255 is in the labs for ages now. No new model from Samsung and LG too, save for the untold 5330.

Are there any new mobiles launching soon at all? Because I have to buy one reliance mobile in a few weeks, and compulsorily before this month ends. I have settled on 6130, but I can't get my eyes off the Nokia 6255. Will it be under or above 10K? Will it be supporting R-World? What's the expected date of launch?

And one more important thing. I am in Mumbai, and the current available numbers of GSK are almost random numbers. Can someone provide me some cool, easy to remember number? I am ready to pay more than the usual price of GSK, if necessary. I request Munnamobile and other dealers of RIM to pls PM me if they have some interesting number.

Lastly, what's ur advice? Should I go for 6130 or should I wait for a few more days? And just for the curiosity, has LG6000 started showing all R-World content?

31613[/snapback]

hi there,

i just visited the web world last week, there are lot of new phones coming in due next month, i would recommend u to hold on, as some new samsung handsets are also getting launched, nokia handsets have a issue in supporting r world,

what iw ould recommend is i readi n the forum that relaince is selling refurbished handsets it will be better if u go for a refurbished handsets for the time being and later change ur handset.

Use the search tool to find out answers to all your quieries :confuse: and dont make duplicate topics :confuse:

Yes, its very tough to recommend you the "best" handset. Moreover, it will depend upon the user's convenience, so one handset may not suit for the other user. So better find it out yourself by researching in the Handset Discussion forums. Closing topic.

They may reduce the price for existing handsets as well over the next couple of months. So it might be worth the wait.

I am looking for handset with Rworld, Rconnect and good talktime. SMS with word wrap function supporting char 160.

which handset should i purchase?

LG RD 2030 should be your best cheapest fit !

I have an LG5130 but have failed to find a decent data cable. Also, the interface is a pain the the b......e. On my GSMs I have always used Nokias.

I have decided to replace the 5130 with one of Nokia 3125, 6225 or 6585.

I understand that R World will not be available on any. For data connectivity I will have either IR or DKU5. Camera is not critical to me. User friendly interface and browsing speed are.

I have had a Nokia 3120 on GSM for a year and am happy with it.

Please advise, and also give an idea about the price.

If you don't need camera, go for 6585. With 3105/3125/6225/6585 you will have to use data cable for Rconnect - Infrared won't work. However infrared is best to get your phone syncronized with your laptop. If you don't want to sync with your laptop, then go for 3125 or like me for 3105 that is the cheapest one. I got mine at 5.5K at WW.

Regards

UD

If you don't need camera, go for 6585. With 3105/3125/6225/6585 you will have to use data cable for Rconnect - Infrared won't work. However infrared is best to get your phone syncronized with your laptop. If you don't want to sync with your laptop, then go for 3125 or like me for 3105 that is the cheapest one. I got mine at 5.5K at WW.

Regards

UD

34416[/snapback]

3105 is currently available in my city for 5.1K. Somesay it may cost around 4.9K in the near furture here....

i got a Nokia 3125 for 6026/- in bangalore....it has got RWorld....

somebody pls share the battery experience...... i'm not getting as much as i used to get it on 3530 (GSM)...

is it bcoz i'm using speakerphone feature for about half an hour plus lot of sms and RWorld.

I get two days backup with this much usage.....

regards,

anu:)

Good to find RWorld on Nokia!

The price looks a bit high. I have been quoted between 5450 and 5750 for the 3125 (with bill but not through RW).

Our experience over the past two years has been that CDMA is a battery hog as compared to GSM, i.e., the battery lasts less in a CDMA than in a GSM. I have never had a CDMA battery last for over 3 days (I have very low usage) while the GSMs lasts longer. This could have been due to differences between the phones (Samsung & LG for CDMA and Nokia for GSM in my case). My son who is a heavy user, had a Nokia 2280 (replacing his 3120? GSM) and has the same observation. Probably CDMA needs more pwoer or the chips are not that efficent.

I should have Nokia 3120 (GSM) and 3125 (CDMA) and hence should be able to comment more reliably, since they are identical except for the platform.

I want a handset which should repond automically to a caller. i mean phone should automatically send sms(Like i am away from phone) or some other response(user is out of reach) to particular caller of my phone book. it must have support to repond differently to different callers. i need such handset urgently please help me

TIA