Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nil

Suggest me a New Handset

When I see all the sets available i dont know which one to buy. The web world fellows tell the details of the phone, God am i confused??????

41316[/snapback]

It'll depend on wat u want and not on wat is available. So list down wat all u want in a phone/budget and then u'll be able to make a wise choice!

Any idea on the current price of LG 5130 and 2430 ?

How does Nokia 2112 or Samsung Boss fare compared to 2430 ?

Thanks,

Dee.

Battery life of 2430 and 5130 are pretty good mate ..... dont even think of Samsung Boss .... That is a patetic fone if ur usage (or SMS send) is high..

Cheers

Ashok

yeah... Chirag ... the wise old man of rimweb has spoken the truth!

Dude u need a color screen + Cam with a budget constraint..... check out the 6130, nice thing !

6255 is also pretty kewl... except its size

Cheers

Ashok

yeah... Chirag ... the wise old man of rimweb has spoken the truth!

Dude u need a color screen + Cam with a budget constraint..... check out the 6130, nice thing !

6255 is also pretty kewl... except its size

Cheers

Ashok

41395[/snapback]

and except its price

Consider this :

Basic Color Screen Mobile : Rs. 6000 with Bluetooth / IR and a Wide Screen etc

An MP3 Player : Rs 2000

A Digi Cam : Rs. 3000

A FM Radio (good quality) : Rs 100

A modem : 1000

Head set : 200

thats odd about 12k+ and thats just about how much the Nokia 6255 costs ... so do u still call that pricey ?

Nope, my usage is not very high, but I work in an area where the Reliance signal strength is pretty low - my fone keeps entering and leaving the service area very very frequently. So I need to charge my fone almost every nite. I had to shut down the option of bell (or vibrate) when this happens to save on the battery and the irritation of almost continuous beeping !

So which one do you suggest ? I do not have any preferences for brands.

Any idea on the current prices of these ?

Thanx,

Dee.

Edited by dee_cal

go for LG 5130, and first thing is Disable alerts for Service , so u can save a little battery life.

Cheers

Ashok

I still think LG 2030 is best.

I am thinking of purchasing it.

Should i purchase it or wait for some new handset.

My requirements:

1. Battery.

2 Rworld

3 Rconnect

4 Voice

pls guide. price not big issue.

Hi,

I currently have an LG RD2030 and want to change it - can anyone please suggest me a handset with the following features :

* Economical

* Good performance in areas with low signal strength

* R-World / R-Connect NOT required

* Speaker phone

* FM Radio (Optional)

* PC Sync (Optional)

I do not have preferences for any particular brand so please feel free to suggest any brand that has good battery life.

TIA,

Dee.

41177[/snapback]

If there is signal problem then go for nokia 2112 it is best set. You can receive good signal even where your old set is not reachable.

Todays price

LG 5130 cost Rs. 3500

LG 2430 cost Rs. 2500

Nokia 2112 cost Rs. 2800

Samsung Boss cost Rs.2200

If we see comparison of Nokia 2112 with Samsung Boss or LG 2430 then Nokia 2112 is clear winner.

I am using now LG6130. but i am planning to buy new NOKIA handset. i found to new sets named 6225 and 6255. AS i i heard the 6255 have R world and MMs Facility, but i donot know anything about 6225. Mainly i want FM, infrared or bluetooth and camera.please suggest me which is best and what is the cost for both of this handset?

39885[/snapback]

hi

As u have mention here that ur using LG 6130, but ur planning to buy new NOKIA handset. i have same problem like u. I also want to buy NOKIA handset but not 6255 i don't like feature of this set even the display color of this mobile. I m waiting for NOKIA 6265, i tell u that, this is really a cool mobile with big screen and lots of feature u will definitely like it. but problem is that NOKIA have not yet launched this mobile in Indian market. So i m waiting for this mobile. :clap:

It's a waste of money to buy a medium (or even upper) range handset of Reliance .. which is not R-world enabled.

Unfortunately, both most lower and medium range Nokia's are not R-world enabled.

But before you buy a non-R-world enabled Nokia ... just take a look at the applications currently on in R-world (use a colored handset ... atleast LG 5130 and upwards). -- currently on, in videos: Aishwarya, Amitabh, Kishore Kumar, Lata mangeshkar songs and film clippings. It find all very lucrative.

Without R-world though, most Nokia's are quite competitive on features as well as price.

Voice is generally way too clear, compared to anything in GSM ... so within CDMA, generally all handsets give clear voice clarity.

Has anyone faced a problem of headache or ear pain by using the relaince handset. I have been switching handset to handset but same problem. Worst was LG2030 and Nokia 2280. While using GSM there is no such problems. I have a daily talktime of 2 + hours on GSM, but if I talk for 10 mins on Relaince, it gives headache and ear pain.

no wyas................I`m using reliance almost from start. but never faced this problem of headahce of ear pain........... there might be some problem with u

Has anyone faced a problem of headache or ear pain by using the relaince handset. I have been switching handset to handset but same problem. Worst was LG2030 and Nokia 2280. While using GSM there is no such problems. I have a daily talktime of 2 + hours on GSM, but if I talk for 10 mins on Relaince, it gives headache and ear pain.

44902[/snapback]

U talk rather exceptional thing :help: . In my case i hav headache by talking merely 2 minutes in gsm sets but in cdma i can talk 2 hrs :lol: continuosly without ne headache.

44902[/snapback]

I think we could exchange our ears ... I can't understand what someone is saying on a GSM handset .... scre-wed up one my interviews ... when I foolishly decided to take it on a GSM mobile set.

In a separate case ... I was talking to my "potential wife" .... she asked: what're your hobbies? I said: Photography.

She heard: por-no-graphy

Enough said.

It's a waste of money to buy a medium (or even upper) range handset of Reliance .. which is not R-world enabled.

Unfortunately, both most lower and medium range Nokia's are not R-world enabled.

But before you buy a non-R-world enabled Nokia ... just take a look at the applications currently on in R-world (use a colored handset ... atleast LG 5130 and upwards). -- currently on, in videos: Aishwarya, Amitabh, Kishore Kumar, Lata mangeshkar songs and film clippings. It find all very lucrative.

Without R-world though, most Nokia's are quite competitive on features as well as price.

Voice is generally way too clear, compared to anything in GSM ... so within CDMA, generally all handsets give clear voice clarity.

44886[/snapback]

Then try Nokia 6255, it is R world enabled. it does not land in High range, it is between the mid and high ranges.

Its a Good Phone, with many features which has already been discussed in Nokia 6255.

Nokia 6265 indeed a good phone, with 2 mega pixel camera.

Wait to see its price.

lol....i know gsm fones lack the basic thing a fone should cater to---voice clarity..n specially after being so spoilt my rim with nice loud clear voice is hard to hear the feeble gsm voice n will make us hard of hearing...so chill man stick ti rim it rocks..... :lol: )))))

@Emmanuel!

You are right, that 6255 is a good phone with some bug. But it don't support many things in R World. For example R Surf, Some Video clips. As everybody know the NOKIA's phone is not good one for R World. As told by Bhutes!

Thanks and Take Care!

I m also thinking of buying a new handset::as i mentioned in my perivous posts"" can nebody suggets that which habdset will be best in the price range of 8-10k bucks??LG or Nokia????? :clap:

which fone is better afetr u anylized after using::::Nokia 6255 or 6235?????????????? wanna by new fone:: suggets me

which fone is better afetr u anylized after using::::Nokia 6255 or 6235?????????????? wanna by new fone:: suggets me

47955[/snapback]

depends on wat u want in a fone and how deep is ur pocket! Both are great handsets!

yes both are really good with unique features. But iam little tilted towards 6255 since iam using it for some time. became addicted.