Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SexyGurl

Tata - 2 yr Incoming Free

I just read a new upcoming scheme from TATA.

Just buy the handset .... and no need to purchase a recharge voucher, if you just need incoming.

FOR 2 YEARS ... one need not buy any monthly recharge vouchers !!!!!

I think it's a very good scheme for those who need only incoming facility.

With a Rs. 2000 rupee handset ... and no subsequent recharge voucher purchases ... it means about 2000/24 = Rs. 80/- per month (incl. handset cost and service cost).

I think all people with drivers will buy one for their drivers...

Even Rickshaw pullers who roam around near my home could keep one. ... It's a pain to go out from house and search for one. One could just ring one and call it to one's house.

Same for the household maid and the sweeper.

No future liability in terms of monthly rentals is a great thing. It's just like buying a radio set .... and using it for free, there after.

Other telecom operators should also follow it. (Actually, I had already suggested this type of scheme, even before TATA actually came out with it) !

Edited by bhutes

from where did u get that offer? can u please provide a scan of the Brouchre etc ???

I seriously doubt that scheme mate

Cheers

Ashok

I read it in the Hindustan Times (Delhi Edition) .... today.

I'll be surprised, if it's not listed on tata indicom website yet... though, it may be up in a day or two. (haven't checked)

---------------------------------

Ok.. Here's the copy-paste from TOI web edition:

NEW DELHI: Aiming to capture higher market share in mobile telephony, Tata Teleservices on Sunday said it plans to launch Nonstop Mobile that offers unlimited calls for two years from the date of activation.

"We are planning to provide incoming calls free for two years, non-stop, without a single recharge. The product will be available on a wide range of mobile handsets, providing all consumers choices within their lifestyle and budget," a Tata spokesperson said in a statement here on Sunday.

The company plans to unveil the new scheme during Dusshera. Consumers can then choose to recharge these new mobiles from prepaid vouchers at any point of time, depending on when and how much they need, the spokesperson added...

URL: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1257339.cms

Edited by bhutes

Despite this amazing offer, i still think TATA will have fewer subscribers ( who would actually opt for Tata coz of this scheme ) than Reliance or other GSM networks. TATA's network is not that trustworthy. Though this month's nos show a greater number of subscribers ( 4.75 Lacs ) for Tata vis-a-vis Reliance's ( 4.01 lac) , I am quite sceptical as to how much TATA can really succeed !!

As for my opinion, Reliance rules the CDMA roost !

Edited by spookie

It will be a success for the lower economic strata can go mobile for as little as Rs.80/- per month. Plus TATAs must be taking out some recharge voucher which will optionally allow voice calls / SMS by paying some small fee...

i also think that this scheme is a gr8 hit......but still lil ambani is watching all this........

hopefully this type of scheme too comes in Rim...which will just create a Hungama like Monsoon Hungama.........

but still i think that TATA has a good marketing strategy as compared to RIM.....their 0123 voucher is also good...i think by stopping 440/220 vouchers ,,,,,,,,RIM is hitting its feet itself on an AXE!......

I suddenly feel, I am paying too much .... for my actual mobile needs.

I paid about 7500 bucks for 13 months of owning my LG 5130 (including 4999 for the handset).

So, it comes to 7500/13 = Rs. 580

I practically use just Incoming and R-world. The cost looks large.

Even if I continue using same phone for another year .. and keep buying 150 vouchers ... it'll be Rs. 9150 in 24 months.

So, 9150 / 24 = Rs. 390 per month.

Counting Rs. 90 per month for incoming only (i.e. at Tata rates) ... 300 per month looks large, just for R-world. !

if its less than rs 1,800/year for unlimited incoming then i'm getting one for my maid!

i'm reluctantly paying 150/month for my driver's prepaid currently...

they would certainly avoid the bad debt trap of monsoon hungama but i expect a huge rush and long lines for this offer also.

Actually, it's not that bad for Tata either: For every non-Tata phone which calls such a free-incoming mobile ... .Tata would earn 30 paise per minute (as inter-connect).

For if monthly incoming calls to the phone are 100 minutes, Tata earns Rs. 30/- a month from such a subscribers. And it doesn't cost a penny to provide this service .... the handset is paid in full by the customer. The network is anyway lying idle ... and may as well be used for incoming calls from other operators.

+ if the incoming-only subscribers improves his economic status in future, he/she may start buying talktime vouchers .... so more revenue.

In the worst case, if the incoming-subscribers doesn't even get any incoming calls ..... Tata doesn't care. It didn't pay for the handset ... so, for it, such a dummy subscribers, doesn't exist.

I don't know why, Reliance is not launching such a scheme.... (No matter, if it attaches high calling tariffs for calling from this phone eg. Rs. 3 per minute local and Rs. 6 per minute for STD ... etc.). But incoming-rental should be zero.

hey man they didnt launch the scheme today, any news when will they launch this service if at all they really wanna launch.

hmm... whenz the launch???????

cheeers

Ashok

In the worst case, if the incoming-subscribers doesn't even get any incoming calls ..... Tata doesn't care. It didn't pay for the handset ... so, for it, such a dummy subscribers, doesn't exist.

There is a cost for keeping an active customer in any telco's accounts.

Maybe its only Rs 10-20/month but its still there and this does not include other indirect costs like infra & capacity (call centres, etc).

If spare capacity is being utilised, there's still a cost of billing the CDR even for prepaid to compute the remaining balances...

Then there is the marketing/lauch cost also.

It'll be interesting to see what the ROI of this new Tata offer would be.

hmm... whenz the launch???????

cheeers

Ashok

43790[/snapback]

I'm myself surprised ..... there's no hullaballo ... so shouting on the streets.

Are we talking of something which doesn't exist??.

I swear I saw that as in Hindustan Times. I don't know, why we don't have long news items on the net.

you could be right ashok .... and I better get my spectacles cleaned.

YES guys the scheme is launching, today at one of the bus stops here in Delhi I saw the hoarding of this new scheme, and its called NON STOP MOBILE. the schme is under the true Paid offer that means under the prepaid offer and one can recive calls for 2 years w/o recharging.

but the customer care does not have much info about the offer but say will be launched next week. So lets wait. :angry::clap::clap::clap:

Non-Stop Mobile...Tata Indicom unveils 2 yrs recharge-free service 10/14/2005 3:04:44 PM IST    Print this news

Tata Teleservices on Friday unveiled their new offering- Tata Indicom Non-Stop Mobile, which according to company will surpass any similar efforts made till date in India's booming telecom market.

Speaking to India Infoline, Charles Antony, MD, Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra), said that, "We in Tata Teleservices always adress to the needs and aspirations of the people, which resulted in launching this unique offer, of staying mobile without the obligation of recharging."

"In this offer the customers need not have to refill the voucher on monthly basis, as the talk time will remain valid for entire two years of time. Again, the customers can remain mobile even without recharging the phone not even for a single time during the period of two years," he added answering to a question.

He further said that, "The ownership of the phone will remain with the customers and they can avail the warranty oferred by the handsets manufacturers."

Replying to an additional question, Antony said, "Right now we don't have any plan to include the existing Tata Indicomm customers to this offer. We would likely to introduce such migration scheme within two to three months of the launch of this service."

This offer comes with four different handsets. While lowest being at Rs2499. The customers can choose other handsets like those of Samsung-Neo, Kyocera Prisma, Indicom-Star at Rs2999, Rs3249 and Rs3999 respectively.

http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=13963414

this scheme at handset price of 2500 will really beat all schemes of all service providers for those who just wish to stay mobile or those who have incoming only fixed phone of bsnl, because bsnl too charge 120 per month for sulabh plan i.e. 120 x 24 = 2880 + service tax.

OMG!!!! the new marketing guy in Tata seems to be working miracles... well ... I guess soon we might have a Tataweb.in too ... Lets see what the outcome is ...

Cheers

Ashok

lowest being at Rs2499. The customers can choose other handsets like those of Samsung-Neo, Kyocera Prisma, Indicom-Star at Rs2999, Rs3249 and Rs3999 respectively.

What's a new Start by TATA. Three Cheers for TATA.

Anil... Please also do something for us. Otherwise call Mukesh..., he will definetily help. Because this is a great diwali season and reliance does not have any good offer to their respective customer.

Why we not create a seperate Forum for TATA and Other CDMA operators.

Thanks and Take Care!

As per a birdie, Reliance is infact looking into the possibilities of a similar offer soon :) Well, its normal for an operator to follow suit when another operator launches an attractive offer :P

2499 sounds quite good (though, i was hoping for a Rs. 2000 handset ... like Reliance LG**** whatever number, I mean the lowest reliance set).

But I can't help commenting .... that Reliance's R-world is getting sweeter and sweeter, by every day. And TATA will take ages to think of matching R-world.

And probably the 2499 set, is not Java or BREW enabled, so won't be able to support Data Applications.

Silly me ... first you don't want to pay any money .... and then you want to have R-world type thing too :)

I guess soon we might have a Tataweb.in too ...  Lets see what the outcome is ...

now that TATA is showing new miracle offers :) .. who knows what happened to the old IDEA ! :P

Arun .... are u reading all this ? ?? time for yet another site i guess...

Cheers

Ashok