Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greens

Surging Network Problems

look...the CC are as usual trained..me 2 am facing the network problem but has improved in some days now..the CC has called me atleast 9-10 times a day and they PUT a other antennae for my FWp.....and me 2 in jaipur...but the calls have never dropped on my side as i am having 4 rim phones.....but yes i must say the network upgradation is on and they must hurry to put up BTS's asap........

they had told me that till nov 20 a new BTS wd be installed in a area nearby urs but till now...10 days left to nov 20...the Result is 0......

i will hook them up,on nov 21....

akshat

Edited by akshatdesijallad

I searched back in the forum, and in a couple of mins, i could compile all the threads which pointed towards weak network of RIM... Jus check this thread from the beginning (Page 1)

This trend is visible only in the past 6-12 months... Earlier the same members were vouching for the network!

Maybe its the pressure of the number of subscribers! but if RIM does an Orange in Mumbai, u'll quickly see the numbers dwindle!!

It can't be because of the "pressure of number of subscribers!" More subscribers could mean network contestion ...can't possibly explain network outages or low signal intensity!

And network congestion I'v experienced very rarely on RIM ...but with the way things are going ...lets just keep our fingers crossed! :quest:

Yes! network congestion will increase call ingaging, not call dropping or signaling or other things. It may be a problem in software or hardware that use by Reliance.

But it has a special case. I have three phones of rim. i m facing this problem in two phones but in one phone i never face call drop. First two phone are from LG and last one is from GTRAN.

Thnaks and Take Care!

well well ... time for clarification!

in a typical situation if u are on GSM, more users at a location does not mean u are congesting the network, unless most of them are in connection at the same time ....

but in the case of CDMA, more users (and that does not mean ... just users making calls), means shared bandwidth, sometimes overlapping... which causes SERIOUS issues like what most of us are facing now!

Bug the chairmans office, bug the CC, and promise them to chuck reliance! and well keep fingers crossed! something might work out!

Cheers

Ashok

:(:):):):):)

it seems im one lucky dude... i carried my RIM today while I was travelling around Mumbai and lucky me - no network problem atleast in Mumbai Circle. There was a lil' outage at Diva for a couple of seconds, however, I had more than 3 bars on my lg 2130 across Thane, Ghatkopar, Dadar, Vile Parle, Borivali. The only place where I had a little problem was at Vasai ( roaming ) ! An incoming call got grr grr grr grr in between and it dropped :( . Fortunately, not much of a problem for me. As far as Dombivli is concerned, I am enjoying full network in all areas. :grin::D:P

U may or may not. This problem is not a regular problem. Sometimes u get good signal in ur area without any problem. But any day, this problem start. Thursday i faced this problem but today there is no problem. But it may happen any time. No Body know.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hey I dont any problem in mumbai circle and and stay at vasai so no problem of network at my place to.......vasai has a good coverage to......and in mumbai also the network is pretty good.

As i posted above, sometimes u have problem and some times not. Different post by Harshad and abc123 about Vasai. If u r have two mobile at same location, it is possible that one faced problem and second not .

Harshad post

I had a little problem was at Vasai ( roaming ) !
Abc123 post
Hey I dont any problem in mumbai circle and and stay at vasai so no problem of network at my place to..

Both are right.

THANKS AND TAKE CARE!

From last 7 days i am facing network busy problem also for onnet calls.It takes even 1 hour trying & trying for d calling a single no.,Only faced problems in evening.Btw in d case of ne lg handset check d signal strength,call completion at d same time comparing with new nokia handsets(except 6255) u will surely sort out d difference.My experience Latest lg shows extra signal bars than nokia but dosent even connect d call or complete it

well i dunno know abt other places but in jaipur..sure the BTS were modified a bit...previously the white thing were @ the top....and now almost all many i have ssen have been shifted 5-8 feet down..and installed with a round thing.....may be due to that ...

Hey I dont any problem in mumbai circle and and stay at vasai so no problem of network at my place to.......vasai has a good coverage to......and in mumbai also the network is pretty good.

where do u stay at vasai?

Experiencing BAD Network in most parts of Mumbai now!! And Call drops, like anything!! Thats really sad :clap:

Experiencing BAD Network in most parts of Mumbai now!! And Call drops, like anything!! Thats really sad :clap:

Hi

I do agree with Chirag. For the last few days I am finding it very difficult to call through reliance FWP to other network and reliance itself . Many are complaining about my RIM getting engaged while calling (actully the phone was free at that time) First time I am experiencing this problem with reliance. With Dolphin, it is a regular feature. Is it overloading of the network? I depend reliance largely for communication.

with regards,

Vijay

NO complaints from me as of yet ... no issues on my Telson ;)

Cheers

Ashok

The network problem here seems to have been solved ...but new problem now - with SMSes! Many messages simply dont reach the destination and many dont reach my phone! The problem does not seem to exist when its RIM to RIM ...only with other operators ...most notably Airtel. In fact on some days almost no message from Airtel phones is getting through! This is so frustrating! ;)

And its not just with me ...my bro and other users here are complaining of the same thing!

Till now, generally, about 5 - 10 % messages used to get lost ...but not suddenly its much, much higher. Almost half were lost on some days!

Writing twice to the Chairman's office hasn't even evoked a reply! :D

The only response you qre going to get from the charimans office is that the messages are not received on their network from the Airtel side and hence its their fault. Anyway, a friend of mine with whom I message quite frequently uses Airtel and we were having the same problem. But apparently, if she sends me the message on the number with the prefixed zero (ie: 093240xxxxx) it usually reaches, but if she drops the zero, then the message might or might not reach. That apparently is a stop gap solution.....

Lg handsets experience more call drops than nokia. i have used both of them and saw the difference

I Strongly Agree with u But most of d members disagree with d same statement in my recent post ;)

The only response you qre going to get from the charimans office is that the messages are not received on their network from the Airtel side and hence its their fault. Anyway, a friend of mine with whom I message quite frequently uses Airtel and we were having the same problem. But apparently, if she sends me the message on the number with the prefixed zero (ie: 093240xxxxx) it usually reaches, but if she drops the zero, then the message might or might not reach. That apparently is a stop gap solution.....

Yes, thats exactly what CC told me - its Airtel's fault. And I'm sure Airtel will pass the buck back at RIM! ;)

Chairman's office hasnt even replied to one my two mails. Thats not happened before! :D I suggest you guys write to the Chairman's office too ....and get the Airtel users to howl at Airtel!!!

Meanwhile, gotta try this prefixing zero thingy...

Guys, i admit, there are network problems everywhere. At the moment, i am staying in Ahmedabad, supposedly the heart of the reliance network, and i do face call drops and every now and then sms network failures....blah blah things.

I have to admit it now - Reliance's not soo good too. A couple of days back, we faced the worst network coverage in Dombivli. The phone simply didnt show any network bars. The customer care insisted that everything was alright. So the problems have started for me too.

Btw here in Dombivli, the phone shows SERVICE AREA to be KALYAN. Does it mean that Reliance depends upon Kalyan's towers to provide services to Dombivli ? Or is it because it is the end of the Mumbai telecom circle so whichever area it is( what the heck ) gets the same name ?

Anybody can shed a light on this ?

Hi all,

I faced this issue for the third time yesterday night. It suddenly happens and for several minutes to an hour, Network goes down, infact I would almost dies. It happened about 15 day back for the first time at about mid-night. Iwas talking to my GF and my call suddenly got disconnected. After that, I tried for the next half an hour or so but I was not able to make calls to any RIM in a circle (Rajasthan circle). I called up using three RIM connection and one Airtel number, but the call didn't get through; neither did I receive calls from any RIM from the circle....Total balck out, no calls, no SMS...I called up CC and they said the same bulls$$rt that the network is ok, problem is with my handsets....

The same happened the next night as well, and now the yesterday night. I am sure that something ****y happened with the network....these RIM guys must be doing something with the network but they must inform the customers and accept if their network is going thru something bad.

Did any of you guys had similar experience?

@Mods/admin -- I searched for the similar item but did not find one..please excuse if a similar thread is already going on...

Have experienced this ocasionally here in Poona too, at my residence at least. Happens at night mostly ...no network for anywhere between few seconds to maybe 5 mins or so ...maybe more ...but thats what Iv noticed. Sometimes it happens frequently for few seconds ...but thats enuf to drop a call or get a network error while sending an SMS. :angry:

well me too aas from same rajasthan . jaipur circle have been facing this problem me not at nights but in early mornings...between 6 to 8...probably had never call lost but in past few days ...its a holy ****!.....damn i just wanna grill network ppl for that....as RIM says no congestion but i should say always congestion and no digestion........will look for some more time and then ......