Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Shabz

USB Not recognised / USB-Serial Converter

for deactivating it dial *4120 and incase u dc it in some short span of time(days) u dont get Rs.200/- charged for the subscription... tht u'll have to find out.. whts the time duration.

Edited by Ashokjp

as far as I know from my own experience, you will be charged on pro-rata (i.e. per day) basis...

as far as I know from my own experience, you will be charged on pro-rata (i.e. per day) basis...

Yeh apart from the usage charge,

there is a fixed monthly charge of Rs. 200

Hi,

I have recently purchased a USB data cable for LG RD2030 from gray market. The cable seems to be working fine as I get "New Hardware found msg" on connecting. However still to rule out any Hardware problem possibility I have changed the cable also. Would also like to mention here that I use serial cable regularly without any problems. Now the problem is that I am unable to install the driver (and R-connect software) for this. My OS is 2k and USB interface is 2.0. The installation stops in middle. I get a device with exclamation mark under USB category in device manager. The problem listed in properties is driver not installed. Pls help me with drivers for this cable.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tarun

"The installation stops in middle"

Did you mean installation of the hardware or R Connect ? Does it show any error when the installation stops ?

the installation waits for the device in middle of the process...

the thing is that if u are impatient for the sw to detect the usb device (it will take atleast 10 mins for the sw to detect that u have plugged in the usb device to the port), the installation will never complete.

follow the exact procedure for installation and it will be working fine ...

done :quest:

Hello every!

howz u all!

i need correct drivers 4 lg rd2030.

i purchased data cable from local market!

they gave a driver cd too!

i too gained drivers from reliance info!

well when computer is not installing mobile as modem.

Problems arrived at step13.

i m not getting connection wizard! i.e dialer

where i can enter username n paassword to connect!

pleseae help me at :

sandeeprana20@yahoo.co.in

If you downloaded the drivers from relianceinfo.com , then you have the 'correct' drivers already. What is the error shown while installing and till what step are you able to reach ?

BTW, please try n post in the correct forum.

Edited by Chirag

u can enter it in dial up networking.

Hello every!

howz u all!

i need correct drivers 4 lg rd2030.

i purchased data cable from local market!

they gave a driver cd too!

i too gained drivers from reliance info!

well when computer is not installing mobile as modem.

Problems arrived at step13.

i m not getting connection wizard! i.e dialer

where i can enter username n paassword to connect!

pleseae help me at :

sandeeprana20@yahoo.co.in

there's a way if u want to do it manually.

remove all modems from control panel -> modems

then install a standard 28800 bps modem driver.

set the com port to which u 'll connect to ur phone.

restart.

connect the phone.

goto dialup networking in mycomputer and create a new connection to ph. no. #777

then enter ur username as u'r complete phone number with std code but w/o the first '0' (zero)

the same for the password and connect.

:(

there must be a problem with ur operating computer (junk piled up). So do a fresh installation (orignal copy not pirated :confuse: ). Pref install win nt or winxp coz it has a better usb support that win98.

http://www.mobiles.unipro.ru/files/USB-Device-Driver.zip

it seems to be a usb to serial bridge controller, i am not sure if it will work with reliance, i had used one like that when i tried to connect a c100, so try it and give your feed back. it would be helpful to a others.

i would have tested it, but i have a serial cable.

well guys, for complete and successful installation, one needs to follow the procedure given in the sw exactly. this means when the sw tells to power the fone and connect the phone end of usb cable to the phone and usb end to the pc, if your phone is already on, switch it off and back on, then do that. this will do the correct installation :rolleyes:

Well I am new here & have read most of the post on the forum in last 2 days & I confirm that nothing works with LG2030 + direct usb cable with win XP pro, fellow user connected it with the serial usb converter & the same cable & LG phone got installed on my laptop win XPP without any problems.

I confirm that nothing works as long as I am trying direct USB connection, it will not get installed by windows.

Some strange trouble with either the hardware or the drivers.

Ranjan

I've gone through this for another user already...When the system boots after the initial installation of the drivers and the sw starts again, select LG->2030->Serial(Yeah, that's an S-e-r-i-a-l, I know you have a USB cable, I want you to do it this way, trust me, it works!)

Select your COM Port, click on Yes and voila, it works!(Ok, maybe it isn't this dramatic...)

I found this method by Trial and Error...

I've been using this thing installed this way for over an year, so NO SIDE-EFFECTS!

Hi can i use USB cable for Samsung N191 for bitpim and unicdma?? i hve tried but that is not working any help?????????????????

I am having the same problem as ami114. I have a Samsung SCH-N191 phone and the original USB data cable from Reliance. As far as i know , it does not contain any Prolific chip in it.

Even if i download the original drivers from the Reliance site, no COM port ever shows up in the system settings , BitPim or UniCDMA.

Can anybody help ?

Any new RD 2030 driver available, so that increase little bit of Rconnect speed.

Because i think the Rconnect speed nowadays really s**ks.

Dear friends,

After seeing so many posts on this topic and still seeing confused peers I would like to add some handfull information that may help ya all.

Is my phone having USB or serial inteface ?

First of all not all phone is having native USB interface, by native I mean phones, which do not require any sort of USB-TO-SERIAL converter, for these phones you don't require any specific drivers if your OS is having USB CDC-ACM drivers inbuilt, most of the latest OS don't require anything else. Your phone will be correctly recognised as a modem and then you are all set to go.

But as I said not all phones are having native USB implementation, but we all want to use USB cable to get connected to phone. Maybe because we think that we will be having high speed while surfing internet or most of the USB-TO-SERIAL cable got the inbuilt phone charger, so it helps us to surf for longer time when we are having scheme like platinium for rconnect.

First of all USB-TO-SERIAL cable can provide you the speed double then of simple serial cable. Most of the PC'S are equipped with serial port having the highest speed of 115200 bps, but almost all phone have the option to connect to the PC'S at the speed of 230400 though by default it's set to 115200 bps only. So using a USB-TO-SERIAL cable can help us gain higher speed between our phone and PC.

Now when our phone is having the serial port and USB-TO-SERIAL cable provide us with a serial port at output end and usb interface at input end then why we are having so much probles using it ?

There is more than one reason for this, I am listing it here.

1. Most of the problem is due to our assumption that because of USB-TO-SERIAL cable we don't have to use COM port, this assumption is wrong because as I said the sole purpose of the USB-TO-SERIAL cable is to provide a COM port which can communicate with the USB interface. So always remember that you have to use COM port while configuring your PC to get connected to the phone. Now question is which COM port, by default most PC'S have COM1 and COM2, and that also you can disable/enable in the bios of your PC.

Well after installing the driver of your USB-TO-SERIAL cable, your PC will have an additional COM port, you can find about it in the device manger dialog of MS windows OS.

2. Driver for your USB-TO-SERIAL cable may be old or incompatible with your current OS, so always get the latest driver from the site of the chip maker for your USB-TO-SERIAL cable chipset, I will list some of the sites of the mostly used chipset in our india. Remember it will help you only if you know which chipset is being used in your USB-TO-SERIAL cable, I hope you can find it anyway.

For prolific chipset visit

http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_fileBrw.asp and select link for your chipset.

For FTDI chipset visit

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm and select link for your chipset.

For TI chipset visit

http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/pr...tusbwinvcp.html

Download the latest driver for your OS and follow the installation instructions given on the site.

I am using TI's evalution board and it rocks :-).

3. Your modem initilization string is wrong or not suitable for your modem. BTW it would be real nice if someone from reliance provide us the custom modem.inf for the phones they are distributing in the market. I can provide modem.inf file for LG sets if someone needs it. There current recommendation for using standard modem.inf for 28k modem is wrong because there r-connect software is bypassing it's instruction and giving it's own command while initializing the modem.

4. You maybe using a broken USB-TO-SERIAL cable, I suggest when you goto purchase the one, ask the shopkeeper to test it or for a deal of replacement if it don't work. Remember the USB-TO-SERIAL cable maker maybe using counterfeit passive component for price reduction or for profit. I can provide the TI chipset based SERIAL-TO-USB universal cable if there is a demand in volume for a reasonable price.

If you are still facing problem connecting your phone to PC after keeping all this in your mind then I will be interested in the details of your setup, so I can help you solve the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I will write a kde based software for r-connect how many of you will prefer to use it, and what features you would be expecting from it.

Please post your requirements and opinion about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dacodecz, thats a gr8 explanation... your efforts are very well appreciated ! :)

and keep 'em coming ! :P

I have usued both and i think serial one was the best

25786[/snapback]

Dear rakesh,

BTW what is the maximum data transfer speed, that you been able to receive using the serial cable, I guess it wont be more than 115Kbps anyway, but r-connects maximum speed can be arnd 153.5 Kbps though reliance only guarantee for upto 144Kbps, few frequent visits to http://www.testmy.net after 10:00PM can help you find this. Another thing is that seial port is not hotplugable, means you are not supposed to connect/disconnect anything to serial port while your system is alive. Well even though ppl might have survived there equipment because of there this act, there equipment is guaranteed to have the quality performance problem after sometime or it will simply go dead.

Ummm it's like this, in inidia when you goto local market to buy some RAM or other electrostatic sensitive parts, most of the time you will find that everthing is OK with the parts you purchased, but In reality your parts already loosed it's performance quality because of the way it's been abused in electrostatic handling. A single session in the lab with a good oscilloscope can reveal this.

Now If you are following all the precaution of handling electrostatic device and you are not interested in having some faster data transfer rates or you are having some of the very uncommon and expensice serial port, than it's ok, otherwise you are loosing few kbytes in the pipe as well as your equipments working performance each time you plug it in/out alive.

Dear friends,

3. Your modem initilization string is wrong or not suitable for your modem. BTW it would be real nice if someone from reliance provide us the custom modem.inf for the phones they are distributing in the market. I can provide modem.inf file for LG sets if someone needs it.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25721[/snapback]

I would love to thave the modem.inf file for LG RD 6000.

I have usued both and i think serial one was the best

25786[/snapback]

Dear rakesh,

BTW what is the maximum data transfer speed, that you been able to receive using the serial cable, I guess it wont be more than 115Kbps anyway, but r-connects maximum speed can be arnd 153.5 Kbps though reliance only guarantee for upto 144Kbps,

25790[/snapback]

Dear DaCodecz,

As explained by you a serial interface can only have a mx speed of 114 Kbps, so if most lg phones like 2030, 2130 which only have a serial interface can only have a 115 kps speed. Adding a usb convertor and using it on serial port may not speed up things.

For instance I have the LG 6000 which has both usb as well as serial interface. However I have been able to find a usb to serial convertor cable only for the phone and not a strainght usb cable. Now the usb serial convertor cable only connects to the phone if the port is set to serial and the data rate set to 115 kbps. If I set the phone to serial mode and 230 kbps, than it does not work.

Can you throw some light on this.