Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

These hopes r very similar to pre release Speculations for nokia 6265 :help: This phone associates always with these hopes :D

@mandu1

What makes you feel that WAP is starting ? You say "good news" and then you say "hope so". News means there has to be a source.. Whats the source ??

Guys.. Have you been seeing the 6270 (GSM) ad that Nokia is publishing on newspapers ? Previously 6270 used to come with 512mb miniSD card. Now Nokia is providing 1Gb miniSD card. WHY ???? Why cant they provide a larger card with our 6265 (CDMA). They even provide CA-53 data cable with 6270 .. why not with 6265 ??? .. Nokia is providing a phone worth 15-16k without a data cable. This is cheating..

good news

wap may start from this week

hop soooooooooo

?????????????????

We all hope so !! But why have you inserted so many question marks(????) in your last line. :Confuso: What does that mean ? :Equivocado:

I dont see WAP starting till the next 2 months but if it does I will be more than happy.I dont have any source for this, its just my feeling.

Edited by schumi

And we all are ready to pay for WAP..

What do you say friends ??

We have been paying for every service provided by Reliance so why not for WAP. We are already paying for R-world,R-Connect so I have no problems in paying reasonable charges for WAP. I would prefer a monthly charge for unlimited WAP access but its not in my hands. Mr.Ambani needs to wake up.

When we change the theme, the profile settings get changed too, especially annoying is the fact that ringtones change even for the custom profile. How can we avoid this? Can we have themes which do not have ringtones?

I got a friend working in Reliance, who said that, his friend got his 6265 software upgraded and the coloured pixels on the camera and the resetting of tones in all profiles, on change of themes, got fixed. I am still waiting for the exact version details...

When we change the theme, the profile settings get changed too, especially annoying is the fact that ringtones change even for the custom profile. How can we avoid this? Can we have themes which do not have ringtones?

I got a friend working in Reliance, who said that, his friend got his 6265 software upgraded and the coloured pixels on the camera and the resetting of tones in all profiles, on change of themes, got fixed. I am still waiting for the exact version details...

good news

i keep calling to cc. On 8th they are tranfer my call to their r-connect cc.they are says me that our wap facility start within two days or in this week.

and my friend, "?????????????????" means cc always make ful us every time.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

GOOD NEWS!

I had been sending repeated mails to Reliance Customer Care and Service Assurance Cell ever since the WAP facility has stopped.

Today I got a call from Reliance, and the person told me that the company is going to start this WAP service very soon. I asked him when exactly are you going to start it? He said IN THIS MONTH. WAP service would start very soon (within this month).

I asked him why did they stop this service? To this he said that the company is working on various Business Plans and Services. I also asked him that is WAP going to be a free service (as it used to be) or would you charge for this service now. He said he cannot give me any details at this point of time and just said that their company is working on various business plans.

One thing is certain that there was no technical problem and that their customer care ppl lied to us. But lets hope that it starts very soon and hope that it is free. God Knows what their business plans are!!!!!!!

I got the same news about a month back and the date given was "very Shortly"

So dont beleive these CC people at all.

I have already highlighted earlier that the main problem for Reliance is that they cannot separate chargeable services under WAP for RWorld and non RWorld. Hence it had disabled WAP from 14.08.2006. They are still at loggerheads trying to solve this issue. I personally think they will come out with an unltd plan with rentals around Rs 249 or so. Just like the unltd RWorld rentals. So dont hope for Rs 50 or Rs 100 rentals. They cannot charge lower than this. They also have to reach the Rs 100 cr target for RWorld usage, you see. Jokes apart, they may not be able to develop billing software for RWorld and non RWorld usage separately, hence the most appropriate model would be unltd usage. Now this cannot be given at Rs 50 or Rs 100 and hence they will probably charge Rs 249 finally.

Anyway these are my assumptions after prolonged discussions with people from Reliance Mumbai. Nowadays, there is no CMO and hence they call up saying they are from Reliance Mumbai.

Thanks

@gladson,

any further news on the SW version upgrade?

When is the new sw version coming and please update as soon as you get the details.

Edited by khs123

@ khs

What is this Rs. 100 cr target for R-World?

and I did not understand the last statement of urs.........what is this CMO and Reliance Mumbai thing?

@kushal mehta,

Earlier when we used to email to the Chairman's Office (CMO) they used to call us and say they are from CMO.

Nowadays with the abolition of the CMO, they do still call us but they now say they are calling from Reliance Mumbai.

Hope it is clear to you now.

@gladson,

When is the new sw version coming and please update as soon as you get the details.

@khs123

I believe it's already in the Nokia Care offices, that's why my friend's friend was able to get it upgraded. But another thing, they're both working in RIM.

Anyway, I'm planning to visit the Nokia Crae office, in B'lore tomorrow. Will check with them and let you know.

I just called the Nokia Care Center here and they asked for my version.

My Version is V HL190V0600.nep dated 26-05-06.

He said, that is the latest version available. He said, it could also happen, if the software loaded is corrupted, however if I drop into their office, he will re-install the software and check.

Lemme check with my friend's friend, about his version. Will get back to u as soon as I get any info

@ Khs123.....

I have been facing a minor problem in my phone. In my phone certain files of .WAV format do not play. It says that the format is not supported. Some files of .WAV format work properly but some dont.

Has anyone else also faced this problem?

I transferred a .WAV file from my frnds phone (in his phone it worked properly), But in my phone it said that the format is not supported

Rs 100 cr target is for revenues from RWorld usage for Reliance. Someone in this forum had earlier stated this and I just repeated it.

@ Khs123.....

I have been facing a minor problem in my phone. In my phone certain files of .WAV format do not play. It says that the format is not supported. Some files of .WAV format work properly but some dont.

I transferred a .WAV file from my frnds phone (in his phone it worked properly), But in my phone it said that the format is not supported

WAV is not supported on 6255/6265.

Not sure about other nokia phones.

The formats supported are: mp3, midi and amr.

Edited by tanveer

@ Khs123.....

Are u sure that WAV files are not supported????

Some wav files do work on my phone

@ Khs123.....

I faced the same problem "Some files of .WAV format work properly but some dont."

@gladson,

@khs123

I believe it's already in the Nokia Care offices, that's why my friend's friend was able to get it upgraded. But another thing, they're both working in RIM.

Anyway, I'm planning to visit the Nokia Crae office, in B'lore tomorrow. Will check with them and let you know.

I just called the Nokia Care Center here and they asked for my version.

My Version is V HL190V0600.nep dated 26-05-06.

He said, that is the latest version available. He said, it could also happen, if the software loaded is corrupted, however if I drop into their office, he will re-install the software and check.

Lemme check with my friend's friend, about his version. Will get back to u as soon as I get any info

I am sorry guys... My friend's friend, working in Reliance actually goofed up. He corrupted his software, so got it re-installed. But he's gng around telling everyone, he had it upgraded. Plus, he used to switch themes, but his ringtone was always Nokia Tune, hence he said, he didn't face this problem.

Another point, if u use a video as ringtone, it doesn't change on changing your theme.

@ Khs123.....

The same happens in my fone too????

HELP!!! I don't have the Nokia 6265 yet but i would like to know what does the phone come with I don't know how to put music on it can someone help me

Its nothing..... u just need to copy and paste in right place.. once u install the drivers.. and Pc suite.. u would learn it by urself... how to upload music..

Well it comes with basic accessories.. nothing special...