Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

Mr. mmjain, have you used any voice dial/command features. And any other info you want to share with us.

Also can we sync the phone with the laptop using wifi?

prices confirmed -33k

confirmed thru the *333 helpline (but thru the VIP helpline, the 1 in which we dont get the IVR, the associate answers directly)

pl give me that vip helpline no. to me. I m fade up with *333 and ivrs.

also tell me if u have price of pda 6670 price.

call/sms me on 9322002800

Hi everybody, I tried to get the pda today. I got the call from the corporate centre today and they said that i can either collect the phone or they will send it to me. However, the hitch was that the phone comes with a new connection and i will not be able to transfer my old no. to this handset. I was also told that this phone is available in WW all over delhi, but this is also not true. Now the corporate centre guy has told me that he will check whether the no. can be transferred from the old handset to the pda or not and tell me in a couple of days. Again back to waiting. Lets hope the wait ends soon.

Anybody else in NCR trying to get it, please share.

Well..I am from Delhi and am trying to get it but with no luck so far...but yeah...my efforts were not whole hearted till date. Guess I will have to look for some contact in Vijaya building...Btw, if you have any luck getting it, do let me know the source...

Edited by basant_jp

You can buy the device from any of the Reliance Corporate Wireless Group Offices in 8 cities (Mumbai / Delhi / Pune / Chennai / HYD / Bangalore / Ahmedabad / Kolkata )

Delhi Corporate Wireless Group

11th floor Vijaya Building,

17 Barakhamba Road, CP

011-30331000

Mumbai Corporate Wireless Group

Fortune 2000, 3rd floor

G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex

Bandra E

022-30364716

Got my handset today and all is good except emails.

Any users of PPC 6700 can give me some guildlines!

Browsing is fine. For email it always give error "Can't connect Incoming Mail Server' in outlook - Tried with 3 different pop email and all same.

Do we need to have some data plan for this? Also PPC 6700 automatically create Reliance MobileWorld connection and in Advanced Settings I see its using proxy setting like wapgw.ricinfo.com

Guys you too have similar settings?

Okie, got the point. Reliance MobileWorld is the default connection for testing www.

I connected PPC 6700 via my office wifi and was able to check emails. I guess I need to connect using my mobile number and then can have full net on mobile however am not sure how to do it maybe via New connection?

Guys if you provide a bit of helping hand then it would be great!

Sameer, has anyone actually bought the set from vijaya building ? And can we transfer our existing no. to the new pda phone ?

As for Tarak, you may get some good info from this site - http://ppc6700users.com. It is for sprint users actually, but a lot of info useful. Hope it helps. Also, have you bought the handset from delhi ?

Browsing is fine. For email it always give error "Can't connect Incoming Mail Server' in outlook - Tried with 3 different pop email and all same.

Do we need to have some data plan for this? Also PPC 6700 automatically create Reliance MobileWorld connection and in Advanced Settings I see its using proxy setting like wapgw.ricinfo.com

Hi Tarak

Please do the follwoing to access your pop email

Go to settings and select the connections Tab

Now Select connections

Select Add new modem connection under reliance mobileworld

give a name for this new connection

The modem is cellular line and select next

Give #777 as the number and next

user name: your 10 digit mobile no.

password: your 10 digit mobile no.

domain:

Select Finish

Select this new connection as your next default connection

Go to messaging and open your pop email folder

select menu and select send and receive

your phone will connect to the net and you should now be able to download email

do this with all your pop email accounts

after completing stop the data connection using the button beside the battery icon on the right bootom of your today screen.

again go to settings and select connections and select manage existing connection and select reliance mobile world as your next default connection for browsing on the internet.

If you try using the new connection for browsing it wont work. For Browsing you have to use the default reliance mobileworld and for email you use this new connection. Hope this helps

Hi Amit Oberoi

You can very well transfer your old no to this handset by using HCC. I have done it and my old no. from 6265 was transferred to this handset without any hassels. Please do the HCC once the invoice of the handset is raised by reliance.

And as far as wifi i did not get the time to check it. But sync is working with the cable I tried using bluetooth and infrared but could not get through. I will be trying it some time later when i am free.

Hi Kshah

Thanks for the link for download. I will unzip it and install the softwares.

amitoberoi, I bought is from Bombay for INR 31500 and thanks for the URL.

mmjain, You are a hero - worked like a charm! I can finally have my emails so making new connection was same like old way we use to do via usb cable via mobile phone.

mmjain one more thing - new connection using our mobile number is charged at 50 piase per minute if we donot have data plan but how abour default Reliance Mobile Connection - its free ? (the one we use to browser net on PDA)

Can you post details of wap settings in 6700 here? thanks

Can you post details of wap settings in 6700 here? thanks

HERE ARE THE INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS FOR OPEN ACCESS AND MAILS

Video Tutorial

Reliance Mobile World connection settings are with proxy are meant for accessing RWorld only.

If you do the change to My ISP (MDN/MDN) setting

Video Tutorial You can access internet and emails like any laptop with a datacard.

Reliance has special data plans for PPC6700 users for data, i saw three:

1. 999 unlimied data

2. 499 500 MB

3. 650 1 GB

and yes, you can HCC your old number on to PPC6700 without any problems

TARAK - You can browse with these same internet settings too. you need not change back to Reliance mobile world - infact browsing with these settings will be much faster

Edited by sameermehta

Wow what a great community we have!

Sameer, yes thta did the trick and yes browsing is bit fast with such connection instead of Reliance MobileWorld.

Also I received free 256MB SD card but not sure how to use/insert it! I did checked manuals but there was nothing mentioned about it. Any idea Sameer?

On top of the phone next to the antenna you will see a slit with a dummy plastic card in it.

PPC-6700%20Top.jpg

You need to push that dummy in and it will pop out. You can keep that plastic dummy safe elsewhere and then insert the actual card in until you hear a click.

The card will have to inserted only 1 perticular way - donot force it in if it is not going smoothly.

The printed part should be facing towards you and the cut should be on the bottom right when inserting.

Worked like a charm!

I now have 243MB additional space. Thanks one again Sameer.

Hi everybody, I got my phone yesterday and it is good. Anyone who wants can contact Mr. Anuj verma who sits on the 11th floor of vijaya building in CP, new delhi. However, i am not being able to use the pda as a modem and get connected to the internet and is there any way to synchronize the pda with the laptop using bluetooth. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmm Amit I too didnt tried it. My IBM X40 donot have bluetooth though, Will try with IRDA!

Also Amit while checking emails, browsing do you get prompt of "Phone" and then we need to click on 'Dismiss' - its annoying, any idea how to disable such prompt ?

You can try following

Settings -> Connections _> Bluetooth -> Bluetooth manager -> new -> if it does not shows services then you have to tweak registry, else choose active sync via bluetooth and try.

Above is based on VX 6600, may be different in 6700. Also can go directly from desktop. But since I am not aware about 6700 interface, I chosen standard way to do it.

Edited by kshah

Guys, you can use the Pocket PC to connect to the internet on your laptop via BT or USB cable both.

For BT:

Just go the conn manager and enable BT and then go into BT settings and check on a box that says "Make this device discoverable".

Then just enable your BT manager on the PC and search for devices - you will see the device - once you do so just configure DUN. Number is #777 and username and password will be your phone number.

For USB Cable:

See attached zip file for all instructions and drivers.

prompt of "Phone" and then we need to click on 'Dismiss' - its annoying, any idea how to disable such prompt

This a Reliance network message on all their phones - unfortunately there is nothing you can do to disable it.

However - I have noticed that you can continue to work without clicking on dismiss at that moment.

usbmodem.zip

Hi guys, i installed MS Voice 1.6 and it works pretty good.The voice recognition is good, even though the accent is american the level of accuracy without any training for a voice recognition is amazing. And tarak, i have still not connected to the internet thru this phone, so cant say as of now.

Hi guys,

I've followed with interest your discussions on PC6700.

Best part about it is that RIM does not cutoff the WIFI feature in service, so you use which ever is convenient.

I use Apple ibookg4 ( no BT). Max Os X tiger).Can I interface PC6700 easily?

Hi guys,

I've followed with interest your discussions on PC6700.

Best part about it is that RIM does not cutoff the WIFI feature in service, so you use which ever is convenient.

I use Apple ibookg4 ( no BT). Max Os X tiger).Can I interface PC6700 easily?

I havent worked with MAC OS and Windows Mobile integration before but I guess this tool should do you good (called missing sync)

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

You can select handset model as either of these

UTStarcom PPC6700

UTStarcom XV6700

FYI - the OS on the phone is Windows Mobile 5.0

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_wm_screenshots.html

Guys i need help. I still am not able to connect to the internet from my laptop using the pda as a wireless modem. The partnership between the pda and laptop is made successfully but after that it does not install the modem for the pda and i have to install the modem seperately. After i do it, according to the manual, it should get connected, but it doesnt happen. Also no synch thru BT it seems. Has anyone done it.

disconnect activesync first, once disconnected, connect phone using USB cable, start WMODEM, then phone should be detected as modem.