Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

In USA does this set is sold as RUIM enabled or preprogrammed?

Guys...I tried to find out this handset in Delhi, but no luck so far. I contacted the Customer care and as usual, they just said it is available in Delhi, but nobody knows....where?? I was also told that as per the details available, it is only for the enterprise customers...When I asked for who qualifies as 'Enterprise Customer' or what's the definition of the same, they were dumb as always.

Anyway, does anyone of you who know actually qualifies for Enterprise Customer in case of Reliance?

Edited by basant_jp

In USA does this set is sold as RUIM enabled or preprogrammed?

Preprogrammed, there are possible ways to reprogram :):)

May be when they mean enterprise customers, they mean corporate customers who buy in large quantities for multiple connections.

I do got a reply from corporate customer care requesting for an appointment, and somebody called from local Corporate team.

He told me that the handset will is available only in metros and for other cities you have to wait till next month.

Advise you to send a mail to chairman's office.

I like this handset.. But feel like waiting for the 6800 model :SI: ...

Any idea on what other PDA handsets are released by Reliance (Some one quoted earlier that 5 pda phones are being tested at Reliance) :)

Has anyone actually used this handset? If so, please share your experience.

I bought this handset pda from reliance hubli karnataka for rs 33000/- yesterday morning. Only two phones have come to hubli and i was one of the enterprise customer. The billing can be done only for corporates registered with reliance.

I think i am the first to buy this handset as only 50 handsets have been released for karnataka as told by top people at reliance.

the handset is pretty good and has come with a limited offer of one 256 MB mini SD card and a car charger for free.

It is not ruim enabled and i used HCC to transfer my old no. from 6265 without any hassels.

It has got great data plan packs like 499 for 500mb 649 for 1GB and unlimited for 999. This is the first time reliance is giving you a data plan with your voice plan on RIM. earlier the data plan was for only data cards.

The PDA has come with all the accessories like cradle, USB cable, Travel Charger, User manual CD and windows mobile 5 CD with outlook express. You can also use word, excel and powerpoint. Zip utility has been included.

It is smooth silver in colour. The keyboard is easy to use and not like o2 XDA IIs

The phone is much lighter than o2 XDA IIs.

Camera is 1.3 MP and gives good pictures. (not as good as 6265)

I have been using it from yesterday and operation is similar to using any PDA with windows mobile 5. All features are there. I was waiting a long time for this kind of phone in reliance.

I am attaching a file where there are more details about the testing and comparison of other PDA's by reliance

I am not able to attach the file. The file is 860 KB in size.

Edited by mmjain

nice. keep posting info as you use it for some more time

Thanks

Internet explorer is good to use. you can launch internet explorer easily with a button on the side.

Browsing is fast.

When you slide the keyboard the display automatically adjusts to landscape. you can also change the orientation of display using the shortcut at the right bottom of the screen.

Battery life also can be easily checked using a shortcut at the right bottom.

Activesync works perfectly and i have loaded all my contacts and other things from my 6265 to the laptop and from there to the PDA without any hassels.

I have got softwares for the 02 XDA ii s and will be installing them on this PDA sometime today evening and will let know after that.

Windows media player is working fine. But I feel it does not spport some formats.

I have already put a screen guard. The 02 screen guard perfectly fits this PDA and i paid Rs. 20/- for that in hubli.

The pouch that has come as a package is good, but i don't use it as i prefer holding in my hand or place it on my table.

Not much ring tones available but i beleive can be loaded via activesync or memory card. not yet tried.

email sending and receiving is good.

I could not locate the permanent save feature as found on the o2 xda iis.

connecting to the net using wireless modem was easy for the laptop. the speed matches that of the data card

No printing software is provided. but i beleive we can install one provided by HP as we have a mini USB port on the PDA. will have to check what all printers are supported.

Inserting and ejecting memory card is easy. i tried a 2GB card and it is working fine. I beleive we should not have any hassels using a 4GB card.

Bluetooth and infrared are working fine. I transferred file from laptop using infrared. nokia bluetooth headset also worked fine.

I would definately recommend it for people who are on the move. Price is comfortable as all the other PDA's (GSM) also fall in the same price range.

Will give more info as i use it

please post some pics if possible.

i was one of the enterprise customer. The billing can be done only for corporates registered with reliance.

is this phone not available to individual customer . if somebody walkin to web world would they ask for corporate identity ?

^^^ it seems that they are approaching the individual customers directly from the BKC corporate centre.

they are taking requests from customers who dont have a corporate account and approaching them directly (from the corporate centre).

as of now, they are not letting the WWs handle the sale of this particular handset.

so if any individual customer want to go for this set . how and where should he contact corporate centre ?

Yes, please let us know any contact number to get this handset in Mumbai, Customer Care is asking to go to webworld and webworld is saying they will have it by next month.

Thanks

Internet explorer is good to use. you can launch internet explorer easily with a button on the side.

Browsing is fast.

When you slide the keyboard the display automatically adjusts to landscape. you can also change the orientation of display using the shortcut at the right bottom of the screen.

Activesync works perfectly and i have loaded all my contacts and other things from my 6265 to the laptop and from there to the PDA without any hassels.

I have got softwares for the 02 XDA ii s and will be installing them on this PDA sometime today evening and will let know after that.

Windows media player is working fine. But I feel it does not spport some formats.

I have already put a screen guard. The 02 screen guard perfectly fits this PDA and i paid Rs. 20/- for that in hubli.

The pouch that has come as a package is good, but i don't use it as i prefer holding in my hand or place it on my table.

Not much ring tones available but i beleive can be loaded via activesync or memory card. not yet tried.

connecting to the net using wireless modem was easy for the laptop. the speed matches that of the data card

No printing software is provided. but i beleive we can install one provided by HP as we have a mini USB port on the PDA. will have to check what all printers are supported.

Inserting and ejecting memory card is easy. i tried a 2GB card and it is working fine. I beleive we should not have any hassels using a 4GB card.

Bluetooth and infrared are working fine. I transferred file from laptop using infrared. nokia bluetooth headset also worked fine.

I would definately recommend it for people who are on the move. Price is comfortable as all the other PDA's (GSM) also fall in the same price range.

For playing various media, try using TCPMP, its open source free ware. And really good, supports many formats

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org

I thnik on windows 2005 you do not require permanent save. Still if needed try using Sprite Back up, which backs up every thing. I am using it on my 6600 and it is scheduled to back up everything at 900 PM, so in case of crash or hard reset, everything including installed programes are restored. It back up program files, system files, registry, messages, call history and contacts as well as all data bases.

If you want any of these programs, let me know, Also you can put few programs in extended rom, so that necessary programes are always installed when you do hard reset.

Thanks

Browsing is fast.

For playing various media, try using TCPMP, its open source free ware. And really good, supports many formats

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org

I thnik on windows 2005 you do not require permanent save. Still if needed try using Sprite Back up, which backs up every thing. I am using it on my 6600 and it is scheduled to back up everything at 900 PM, so in case of crash or hard reset, everything including installed programes are restored. It back up program files, system files, registry, messages, call history and contacts as well as all data bases.

If you want any of these programs, let me know, Also you can put few programs in extended rom, so that necessary programes are always installed when you do hard reset.

As far as i have been told by top people at reliance this handset is being offered to corporates who have been shortlisted for the first phase. in the second phase they will be targeting people who use high end phones.

Thanks for the infornation kshah. Pleae send me the programs at mahendra@yashinternational.co.in or mahendra@mandeepmarble.com

Hi tanveer

i will post pictures of this handset after two days as i am travelling. The pictures on the informnation pages of utstarcom are very similar to the actual handset.

hi.. how is the processing speed in for ms excel . i mean does it takes time to open file . can it be easily edited etc . pl. share your views

As far as i have been told by top people at reliance this handset is being offered to corporates who have been shortlisted for the first phase. in the second phase they will be targeting people who use high end phones.

What about aam-ad-me ?? :SI:

Thanks for the infornation kshah. Pleae send me the programs at mahendra@yashinternational.co.in or mahendra@mandeepmarble.com

Hi tanveer

i will post pictures of this handset after two days as i am travelling. The pictures on the informnation pages of utstarcom are very similar to the actual handset.

Which software you want? TCPMP is free for download. you think sprite back up will be useful for windows 2005 mobiles?

I have following software

1. Convertor calculator Supports many types of conversion.

2. Sprite back up

3. Air scanner anti virus

4. Opera browser (Good browser but need to buy)

5. Resco explorer (File xplorer has functionalities equal to desktop explorer)

6. PHM registry editor (Useful for registry tweaks)

7. VITO VOice dialer (Instead of using stupid microsoft voice commands, this is just like mobile dialer, where it recognize your voice as recorded)

8. extended rom unlocker, allows you to add programs in extended rom, so that your favorite programmes gets installed automatically after hard reset. Not very useful if using sprite back up, there are possibility of damaging and deleting required softwares too.

9. Pocket mechanic, it allows you to over clock your PDA, registry cleaning like system mechanic.

10. Pocket CAD (Autocad like)

11. Netfront browser trial version

12. Yahoo messanger

13. Acrobat reader

14. Flex mail

15. SK tools (Trial version)

16. Mort script (To define and send group SMS, which is not natively supported by any WM PPC)

17. Pocket RAR

18. X CPU Scallar, it is CPU overclocking and under clocking utility. Increases battery life to greater extent by reducing clock frequency when CPU is not in use.

Edited by kshah

I believe we can run skype too on this PDA ?

Also, any of the members who are using has tried push email client? new email notifications are coming up fine?

I am about to buy it so was just curious.

Yes, skype for windows mobile can very well be used on this phone, however, it works great with wi-fi and so-so with the wireless modem (Rconnect). As for push email, I never got the chance to use it here in India, but in US it works like charm.

Which software you want? TCPMP is free for download. you think sprite back up will be useful for windows 2005 mobiles?

I have following software

1. Convertor calculator Supports many types of conversion.

2. Sprite back up

3. Air scanner anti virus

4. Opera browser (Good browser but need to buy)

5. Resco explorer (File xplorer has functionalities equal to desktop explorer)

6. PHM registry editor (Useful for registry tweaks)

7. VITO VOice dialer (Instead of using stupid microsoft voice commands, this is just like mobile dialer, where it recognize your voice as recorded)

8. extended rom unlocker, allows you to add programs in extended rom, so that your favorite programmes gets installed automatically after hard reset. Not very useful if using sprite back up, there are possibility of damaging and deleting required softwares too.

9. Pocket mechanic, it allows you to over clock your PDA, registry cleaning like system mechanic.

10. Pocket CAD (Autocad like)

11. Netfront browser trial version

I want the following softwares

Serail No. 1, 2, 3, 5, & 7.

Anybody is intrested in buying this handset. I can arrange for one at Hubli, but the bill will come in my name. it is 33k for this PDA and no discount is being offerred.

Edited by mmjain

Guys if anyone of you had bought this PDA in Mumbai then do let me know contact numbers.

Wish to have this ASAP.

Finally got the details... need to go round and round for a while.

Any guys in bombay who wish to have contact numbers to buy this PDA then do PM me. I am not sure about forums rules I can paste email and phone number here too.

I will have this beautiful piece in next few days.