Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

not yet featured on reliance site

Atlast my prayers been heard.

Will be first one in mumbai to hold this chubby cutie :Sorprendido:

we are expecting a detaaaaaaaaaailed review

Hi,

Have had a chance to use (test) this phone on the Reliance network.

Some salient features:

1. Good sturdy keyboard. Keys are big and feedback is good. But the backlight is not that great. So is a little difficult to type in the dark (especially the shift keys - the value you get on a key when shift is pressed.) I think would not be an issue if you use it regularly.

2. Touchscreen response is average. Not bad but not great either. I am not sure if that can improve by tweaking some settings.

3. The screen becomes vertical or horizontal automatically based on whether the keypad is out or not. Happens pretty quickly. You can do it manually too using an icon on the screen.

4. Battery life is decent. had heavy usage for a whole day. At the end of the day, had 30% left over. Usage included IE, RConnect, Word, Powerpoint, etc.

5. Should not have included the camera. Pretty crappy. And now I think people are over the camera phase anyway.

6. Thickness could have been reduced by half a centimeter (is it because of the useless camera). This is definitely not a shirt pocket phone - very risky to keep it there.

7.Not very heavy. Actually it is deceptively light for the size of the phone.

8. One thing I hate about this IE version is that it has limited JavaScript support. So a lot of websites cannot be displayed. Especially ones like Air Deccan which rely on JavaScript for basic functionality.

9. I have not used too many PDA phones before so I dont have a point of comparison here. I prefer it over the Treo because holding the phone while typing is much better here.

10. There is an unnecessary antenna. I am sure they could have done without it. Makes the thing a little out of shape to fit into a pocket.

10. One last point: I think not too many people will buy it because most people feel hesitant to pay so much for a brand like UTStarcom. Most people do not realise that the hardware is made by the same 3-4 companies and the software in Windows so that is standard too. But it is the same reason why people prefer a Mercedes or BMW to an Audi. Same class but different brand value.

PRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(PRICE ????????????????????????????????????)

Hi,

Have had a chance to use (test) this phone on the Reliance network. Lucky Guy

Some salient features:

1. Good sturdy keyboard. Keys are big and feedback is good. But the backlight is not that great. So is a little difficult to type in the dark (especially the shift keys - the value you get on a key when shift is pressed.) I think would not be an issue if you use it regularly.

2. Touchscreen response is average. Not bad but not great either. I am not sure if that can improve by tweaking some settings.

Same is with 6600, speed can be increased by increasing display cache, but it cost memory

3. The screen becomes vertical or horizontal automatically based on whether the keypad is out or not. Happens pretty quickly. You can do it manually too using an icon on the screen.

4. Battery life is decent. had heavy usage for a whole day. At the end of the day, had 30% left over. Usage included IE, RConnect, Word, Powerpoint, etc.

Seems to be better than 6600, usually with 6600 it gives about 110-120 minute talk time and it consumes 25% - 33% of battery power in standby mode, screen off per day, also gives better life may be because of much smaller screen size

5. Should not have included the camera. Pretty crappy. And now I think people are over the camera phase anyway.

I think camara in all phones are same except may be few nokia and sony

6. Thickness could have been reduced by half a centimeter (is it because of the useless camera). This is definitely not a shirt pocket phone - very risky to keep it there.

same with all PDA

7.Not very heavy. Actually it is deceptively light for the size of the phone.

Weight is almost same as 6600, only 60 gram lighter but has much smaller screen size. see attached image for difference in screen size

th_07117_screen_122_503lo.jpg

8. One thing I hate about this IE version is that it has limited JavaScript support. So a lot of websites cannot be displayed. Especially ones like Air Deccan which rely on JavaScript for basic functionality.

there is opera browser which is good

9. I have not used too many PDA phones before so I dont have a point of comparison here. I prefer it over the Treo because holding the phone while typing is much better here.

Since I have used Kyo 7135 and XV6600, I must say that PDA are not very convinient buy if usage as phone is going to remain higher. With WAP functionalities, even nokias with WAP can serve purpose if one does not want to receive or send attachments by mail or not many mails to be sent.

10. There is an unnecessary antenna. I am sure they could have done without it. Makes the thing a little out of shape to fit into a pocket.

10. One last point: I think not too many people will buy it because most people feel hesitant to pay so much for a brand like UTStarcom. Most people do not realise that the hardware is made by the same 3-4 companies and the software in Windows so that is standard too. But it is the same reason why people prefer a Mercedes or BMW to an Audi. Same class but different brand value.

Guys, I conformed the price wit reliance cc.. "Its avaliable for enterprise segment for 33,000 all inclusive".. I asked wot do the meany by enterprise segment and as usual they told me to go to webworld..

Main point is; its avaliable n is for 33,000!!

I noticed - a lot of people had questions about the brand.

Ive looked up and found something interesting, UTStarcom or formerly Audiovox is close to a 30 yr old brand in USA. Just that it was called AUDIOVOX earlier and sells only in North America. It is infact 1 of the only companies to sell to every North American carrier which really says a lot about the company.

Just do a google for "UTStarcom PPC6700" - as it turns out UTStarcom sells the same pocket pc to Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, Cellular South and loads of other carriers in USA.

Also worth a look is their range of devices UTStarcom has on offer in USA UTStarcom Data Devices

Trust me this kept me drooling for a long time :( - Looks like Reliance good it spot on this time. UTStarcom seems to be specialized in CDMA Pocket PCs considering they sell in USA (which is basically all CDMA market) which makes them a perfect choice for Reliance as against other GSM based brands. GOOD CHOICE I'd say!

ppc-6700-2large.jpg

So where is it available and what's the best price?

*333 doesn't have any clue of it, when i said it's available in your website than he bluffed something and said the model is available in all webworlds.

Yeah I am using UTStarom router, I had initially thought it was a chinese/ taiwanese company.

then did a gogle check and found out. but I am not too impressed by the router

Basically, this phone is Made by HTC(taiwan).

Its same company that makes O2, iMate, Dopod, etc etc. So people need not worry. You are buying a phone made by company which has global sales of over 4 billion US$.

Me might be getting it in a day or two. used all my contacts to reach it.

By the way how come our firiends who claim to have contacts in DAKC had no whiff of this PDA being launched?

The device is priced at Rs.33,000 and avialable in the following cities: Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata

You can get in touch with the local circle offices to buy the device - I guess its not available in the retail channel as of now - they are selling it through the Enterprise Wireless Department of the circle.

So for guys in Mumbai you can call at Bandra Kurla Complex Reliance Office and get to the Enterprise Business - Corporate Wireless Department and the device is yours for the taking :confuse: (PM me if you want more details)

By the way how come our firiends who claim to have contacts in DAKC had no whiff of this PDA being launched?

Me post it long back. my friend didn't knew the model she only told me 5 diffrent PDAs is in for testing.

Me post it long back. my friend didn't knew the model she only told me 5 diffrent PDAs is in for testing.

Oh! If this is true, and I believe it is.. Then guys its better to wait for some more time and they decide which one to buy.. I mean ll get some more buying option n price competetion..

Munnamobile, if you can jus ask ur friend 2 comfirm on brands under testing and some more info.. thnks in advance..

CHeers!!

prices confirmed -33k

confirmed thru the *333 helpline (but thru the VIP helpline, the 1 in which we dont get the IVR, the associate answers directly)

I i get this cell from USA for myself, will it work with reliance ruim straightaway or i have to look for something before buying from usa?

Its not RUIM enabled phone i guess... s**ks.

I i get this cell from USA for myself, will it work with reliance ruim straightaway or i have to look for something before buying from usa?

No its not RUIM and reliance will not activate. I know people who wants to use this on BSNL. so if at all u wanna sell let me know.

UTStar PPC-6700 is the Same Handset Like HTC Apache 6700 or HTC Genius 6700

It Manufacture by HTC

HTC had Recently Launched PPC-6800 Which had EVDO Rev A Against EVDO 0 in PPC-6700 with 2 Mega Pixel Camera, Install Mobile Type Keyboard with Querty Keyboad, Better Screen and Not External Antena

(For USA Verizon / Sprint / AllTel / Telus / Quest Phones)

Just Install

Infosoft Spirent Universal PST and

Uni CDMA Tools

Go to NAM1 and NAM2 Settings Align with Standard Parameted which can seen in Nokia Diego in Nokia Handset

Set all Parameter like Nokia Then Restart Phone Call to *228 and Run the HCC This might Run your Phone in Reliance Network

Hetal Patel

My dear. this will not work untill u change the esn and spc too. After changing the esn i.e registered on reliance network will only activate on its network otherwise use ruim card.

In chennai where should i contact..

thanks.. :help: