Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

Yes need to disconnect activesync first, I was able to connect via USB to my desktop.. (I need to try 2-3 times as activesync was starting up automatically)

Browsing Speed is decent at 6-8 kbps while download speed was about 15 kbps (constant speed of 15 kbps in my testing with 11 mb file) My Reliance Sierra data card also gives same speed. I guess I now need to get rid of sierra data card :)

Okay... i got it too, looks good but the huge Reliance Logo at the back looks very odd. Yet to explore...Btw I did connect it to my home wi-fi and it worked great.

Edited by basant_jp

Yesterday I tried Voice2Go and it worked beautifully. Applications, contacts, notes all can be activated by voice. Even lenghty processes can be recorded via macro.

Like I use Mocha SSH in my PPC to connect remote server.. So a assigned command like "Connect <servername>" will open SSH client and connect to that server....

Guys any other interesting software you would recommend for WM5!

cool - nice to see people experimenting with applications

Try spb suite of software - they have some amazing tools like spb pocket plus, diary, time etc.

Also for voice one of my favorites is Microsoft Voice Command - Here you can actually talk to your PPC - Say things like When is my next appointment and you get a voice response reading your outlook organizer - this is quite cool :)

Ofcource - I also use the Adobe Acrobat Reader

4Talk - This is a P2P voice messenger over wifi - works great if you have more than 1 PPCs or a network of PPCs and laptops - here you can use this tool to talk to each other over the wifi network like a walkie talkie

Splashblog - I use this for photoblogging - I post my photos as soon as i click them on the PPC directly on the web

Also try the opera mini browser for windows mobile - quite nice again

TCMP Core media player for multimedia (audio / video etc)

SpbDVD for making DVDs play in PPC

Mercora - cool application - with this you can play your playlist on your desktop PC at home from anywhere in the world - in my case - I have a 40 GB music collection - now i can access that from anywhere on CDMA in india and if you have wifi then even better

SOTI Pocket Controller - super app for giving PPTs / trainings off your PPC directly (obviously through a PC/Laptop)

try it out to see what i mean

Tarak, Basant, Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately i dont remember where i downloaded MS voice command from, but you can download it from the forum http://www.pxdxa.com You will have to register there and then you can surf and download the softwares. This site is partly in chinese but guess it will have to do. Guys, it is a treasure trove of softwares and games for PPC 6700 and i am pretty sure all you 6700ites will find it very useful. After registering you go to the Pocket PC section and you will love it. But pls share your experiences with us all regarding whatever you download and use.

And Tarak, can we use Voice2Go with a bluetooth headset cos it seems that the built in voice dial application does not support BT headsets.

Basant, how did you connect it with the home wifi network. Are you able to browse the shared files and browse internet using the wifi connection.

Guys, thanks for all info.. my coming weekend would be busy :Contento:

Amit, I have ordered bluetooth Jabra 250v headset and should be getting in a day or two, If headset have voice activattion feature then yes I guess shouldn't be a problem...will try it out then!

For wifi, is there any security set for connecting? At my office I have dlink 524 router and for connection no passphrase or security enabled so when i click on wifi icon via Commmanager it automatically get connected... then via Start->Settings->Connections->Advanced ->Select Network I change to My Work Network .. and hurray! I am connected to broadband... emails.. browsing all via broadband.... :Contento:

for voice dialing I will suggest vito voice dialer.

Basant, how did you connect it with the home wifi network. Are you able to browse the shared files and browse internet using the wifi connection.

Hi Amit,

Yes, I could easily access internet and my home network over wi-fi. All I did was to enable the wi-fi on the phone and connect it (My network uses WEP encryption, so I had to enter the WEP key once to get it going, but that is a one time thing, juts like any other laptop). Once connected, I had to tell the phone that this network (wi-fi) connets to Internet...and it was all set. I was browsing internet and checking email within a minute!!! I have used several wi-fi gadgets before, but I must say that it was easiest to connect to wi-fi on this device.

I also tried to access my home netwrok using the built-in internet explorer and I could easily access it. I just had to give username/password/domain details the first time I used it. Infact, I even tried connecting to audio streams of several FM stations (on wi-fi) and it worked like charm! I tried streaming video (live tv - dd news and cnbc tv 18) as well, and I could play video well but the audio was not playing. I guess that is something to do with the audio codecs. Anyway, I will figure that out and let you guys know.

== Some more updates and concerns==

@Tarak -- you said in one of your post that reliance has come up with some specific data plans (unlimited in Rs 999 or something)..I checked with the customer care today, but as usual I got the blunt reply "We do not know anything about the specific plans for this handset". Where do I get this information?

A few more things --

1. Has anyone actually used the push email service? I am using it and it is working beautifully, only thing I am worried about is the constant connection the device makes with the exchange server.

Well, I guess the connection is Wap (as I can receive and make calls even when it is connected to Reliance Mobile World -- the default connection). If this is the case, we shall be charged as per the wap charges (which no one clearly knows about as yet). Another possibiity is that the connection is made through wireless modem (which seems impractical to, as the line will be busy so often with the push email, that the phone will become literally useless). But then, I keep getting the 1x sign frequently when it is syncing with the server, so I am a bit confused. Unfortunately, I did not come across any setting to make use of wi-fi for Exchange push email. Anyway, I will be calling the UTStarcom helpline tomorrow to get more insight on this, and I will update you guys. (I must mention here that the UTStarcom guys seem very understanding and willing to help. Today I called them once, and they called me back twice to deliver me alternate solutions to the my problem)

2. I am a little concerned about the audio playback for ringtones. I at times get garbles audio when playing ringtone. Did anyone of you too faced such problem. I thought may be due to the large file size of an mp3 file, but then even a midi file as small as 2Kb produces the same garbled audio at times. At the same time, audio playbck using Media player is just fine...

3. The delay in ringing -- it's annoying... At times, the phone start playing tone after 2-3 rings. I did check on some of the forums about this problem, but there seems no definite solution so far. What you say guys?

Btw, I used skype to make calls today and as expected, it worked wonderfully. Those who are planning to buy it, please do not get discouraged by the issues I have raised. I guess, a couple of them are specific to me. This phone is real good, and I can easily say that this phone has met my expectations to the highest level so far.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

Actually sammer has mentioned about data plans for PPC 6700, I too called *333 and got replied that no such plan exists. I have Sierra data card and ofcourse on that 650-1GB do exists.

1. Did you used office exchnage server for push email? I plan to use mailstreet.com email solution for push email... once I have data plan on PPC 6700

2. ohh so its just not me.. I have made Doom 2 as my ringtone - when I test it, its audio is perfect but when a real call come in.. for 3-5 seconds it just break thw ausio and then music is somehwhat OK but hell its annoying.. so I removed it and kept the default ring.

3. hmm I didnt experience this delay but yes sometimes after pressing call button (receiving call) it takes a second to actually start a call.. so like I have to say hello hello twice so that other person can hear my voice...

4. For Skype you use wifi or reliance rconnect? coz via rconnect voice in skype was breaking but via wifi it was good.

I have several remote servers... I always carry my laptop with me even when off to a movie on weekend... This PPC solves my purpose.. SSH/Emails/Browsing.. on move. (no more laptop on a short journey) A great PockePC - I have been looking for such since last several months and was on verge to migrate to Airtel Blackberry but then saw this at reliance website and migration plan was put off :SI:

You're the right...it is the time to get rid of the Sierra wireless card...I too have the 1 GB data plan on that, but I think the 999 unlimited plan on PPC would be much better, though I am not sure if I actually need an unlimited plan...I have not used my card for last 3 months and am paying its rental, just in case - you know...My situation with laptop is almost like you, only that I don't carry it to a movie :SI: PPC truly comes as a great relief...

I have other concerns though -- without the international data roaming, PPC becoming popular among professionals is doubtful. Reliance is still not the best option...I always have to carry a GSM for data roaming (for voice roaming, Reliance is undoubtedly the cheapest and the best).

I use wi-fi for skype, I never tried the Rconnect as I never expected it to work falwlessly, and so is the case.

I have made the support request to the UTStarcom guy, and he has assured me to get more details on this tomorrow. He did say that he never came across the 'Audio skip/jump while ringtone playback' issue before, so I guess, it would be good if you too call them and complain about it.

Whatever, I am loving this handset...I am also gonna hack the phone to enable Bluetooth A2DP, so that I can route the stereo music to my home theatre using Motorola Bluetooth gateway...I am just loving the possibilities that this phone offer.

Hi Basant, this might save you some time regarding the A2DP. http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-670...et-finally.html On page 9 of this topic the latest version of the caller id hack is given which is also supposed to hack the music thru bluetooth. Do take a look and i think it will do the trick.

And i also have been able to sync with my laptop using bluetooth and not the cradle, made my life a lot easier. If anyone wants the doc which helped me is attached here for the instructions. This doc is for toshiba laptop and pda with windows mobile 5. I have sony but since the bluetooth stack in my laptop was by toshiba, i think it worked.

The attachment didn't come i don't know why. However, here is the page from where you can get it. http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/howto.html

Edited by amitoberoi

Actually sammer has mentioned about data plans for PPC 6700, I too called *333 and got replied that no such plan exists. I have Sierra data card and ofcourse on that 650-1GB do exists.

I have the 999 plan - you can get it from the guy that sold the device to you - RCUTSTAR999 is the name of the plan. The other plans are RCUTSTAR499 and RCUTSTAR649

2. I am a little concerned about the audio playback for ringtones. I at times get garbles audio when playing ringtone. Did anyone of you too faced such problem. I thought may be due to the large file size of an mp3 file, but then even a midi file as small as 2Kb produces the same garbled audio at times. At the same time, audio playbck using Media player is just fine...

3. The delay in ringing -- it's annoying... At times, the phone start playing tone after 2-3 rings. I did check on some of the forums about this problem, but there seems no definite solution so far. What you say guys?

MP3 Ringtones work perfect for me! - Infact I have a 2.8 MB file set as a ringtone.

Also, I still havnt experienced any delay in ringing.

About the Internet Connection for Push Mail - I use Push Mail too - The internet has to always stay on for this.

However the best thing is that the MS and UTStarcom solution for push mail is much better than blackberry because it actually puts the data call in dormant mode while you actually dont get mails so you can receive calls at that time. However you are charged for the time - this is why I use the unlimited 999 plan for my use.

Edited by sameermehta

Hi Basant,

I am still having problems with the wifi connection. The ppc is getting connected to the network, but i am not being able to browse the files on the other computers on the network and not being able to browse the internet. Can you pls detail out the steps you followed to do it and tell me if i am doing anything wrong. BTW, my network does not have a domain name, only a workgroup name. Pls help

Amit Oberoi

Edited by amitoberoi

can any one post or mail me content of extended ROM of 6700? I can guide you how to extract extended rom. Thanks in advance

kshah, what is will be useful for ?

Let me know how can I paste it here...

can any one post or mail me content of extended ROM of 6700? I can guide you how to extract extended rom. Thanks in advance

KShah

I have Verizon VX - 6700 and AllTel PPC-6700 Both is Same Like UTStartcom PPC 6700

I want to enable this handset to Reliance Network

Is anybody have the Idea how can achive this

my Email address is HetalDP@Gmail.com

KShah

I have Verizon VX - 6700 and AllTel PPC-6700 Both is Same Like UTStartcom PPC 6700

I want to enable this handset to Reliance Network

Is anybody have the Idea how can achive this

my Email address is HetalDP@Gmail.com

Even I'd be interested in knowing Kshah !

Dj

As I have seen extended ROM files of reliance it contains following program's:

1. PP_Version_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (Sets version info for extended ROM)

2. PP_SMSPriority_Apac_208700.sa.CAB (Disable SMS priority settings and instruct to handle emergency SMS as normal SMS)

3. PP_Setting_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (Sets emergency numbers like 100, 101, 102 and *333, *600 etc.)

4. PP_EnableTimeSync_Apac_208700.sa.CAB (Enables time sync with system), if checked continously ON then it drains more battery so I will sufggest that sync time with system once, then uncheck and then stop active sync.

5. PP_AreaCode_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (It fixes US area code to Indian area code)

6. PP_Connection_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (Creates default dial up connection, which can not be deleted in any ways.)

7. PP_DisableSMSDeliveryReceipt_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (name says it all)

8. PP_HTC_CM_Guardian_Apac_206702.sa.CAB (Connection manager gurdian, force restoration of deleted connection)

9. PP_ImportReg_Apac_211708.sa.CAB (disable field trial)

10 PP_Ril_Apac_211712.sa.CAB (THis is some RILphone and it sets SMS priority etc., I could not uderstand much)

11. PT_BT_Apache_205200.sa.CAB (AT COmmand verbarose translator)

To enable ringtones, verizon and sprint installs enableringtone application, which is not found in reliance, I suppose.

Hey KShah

All this Cab File not else that Registry files only

Just Crack that .Cab file and what U get will be .Reg file stored in that

And means it same can be achievd using RegEdit also

Hey KShah it will better you post this type of Tweaks in USTart PPC 6700 - Hacks

it will be more appropriate

There are two ways to achieve customization of PPC

1. Put extended ROM of other operator and do hard reset.

2. To remove customization, hard rest device, and when it comes up and shows message that your device will be customized in 3 seconds, press soft reset button, now your phone is installed just with what is provided with windows no functionalities are removed or added.

In most cases operator removes facilities rather than adding. Except say MMS or accounts (network) etc. At times they even disable vital functionalities like BT Dialup, WMODEM etc.

where can i get this phone in Chennai..

i am very much interested..

if someone help????

thanks.. :P