Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

Hey KShah

it seems the PPC 6700 uses RConnect type of Setting means

MDN as Number and Password means that I will be charged as per the minute i am active and not as per KB Limits

If I want to use this Handset as per QNC Setup means for Browsing if want to use Wap type of Setting Where i will be charged as per

10 ps / 10 KB is there any way to achieve it

Hey KShah

it seems the PPC 6700 uses RConnect type of Setting means

MDN as Number and Password means that I will be charged as per the minute i am active and not as per KB Limits

If I want to use this Handset as per QNC Setup means for Browsing if want to use Wap type of Setting Where i will be charged as per

10 ps / 10 KB is there any way to achieve it

May be using WAP settings of Nokia. Settings has to be made in registry or ##data.

Hey KShah

I want Extended ROM Program of Reliance

for

1. MMS Configurator (Extended ROM Cab File)

2. Reliance MobileWorld Configurator (Extended ROM Cab File)

Also want

3. EPST.exe of Verizon XV6700 (In Windows Directory this is Hidden File in XV6700)

4. Where can I found XScale Software to COntrol CPU Speed and Extend Battery Life

Hey Any body Know

I have the O2 Mini S

and It has Java Manager where I can Run Java Software

But inXV6700 it seems missing

Tapping Jar file says Unable to search Program that can handle it.

Any Idea Guys to run Jar in WM5

WM5 Support JAR file in O2, Imate Range

Hey KShah

I want Extended ROM Program of Reliance

for

1. MMS Configurator (Extended ROM Cab File)

2. Reliance MobileWorld Configurator (Extended ROM Cab File)

Also want

3. EPST.exe of Verizon XV6700 (In Windows Directory this is Hidden File in XV6700)

4. Where can I found XScale Software to COntrol CPU Speed and Extend Battery Life

Here you go

I think there is no MMS support in reliance, it seems from extended rom file. Still I may be wrong.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12056971/PPC6700.rar.html

Try xscale, but on 6600 it does not have great impact on battery life, may be about 5-7%. but it slows system especially when in standby, means it takes pretty longer to become normal when system has gone to stand by mode.

Edited by kshah

Hey Any body Know

I have the O2 Mini S, and It has Java Manager where I can Run Java Software

But in PPC-6700 it seems missing

Tapping Jar file says Unable to search Program that can handle it.

Any Idea Guys to run Jar in WM5, WM5 Support JAR file in O2, Imate Range ??? <_<

@ Basant

The delay in ringing

-- it's annoying... At times, the phone start playing tone after 2-3 rings. I did check on some of the forums about this problem, but there seems no definite solution so far. What you say guys?

I too face the Same any Idea

I had Tried Changing EVRC to Voice 13K and Back but not success

@ Basant

The delay in ringing

-- it's annoying... At times, the phone start playing tone after 2-3 rings. I did check on some of the forums about this problem, but there seems no definite solution so far. What you say guys?

I too face the Same any Idea

I had Tried Changing EVRC to Voice 13K and Back but not success

This problem with all PDA, I saw in kyo 7135, xv 6600 and 6700 probably because PDA goes in sleep mode and CPU seems to be taking longer to wake up. At times I have seen that phone takes 20-40 seconds before any key becomes functional and call is dropped.

Yes this seems true

Whenever this Phone is Attached USB Cable or Charger or With USB Cradle It Receives the Call Faster

But When the Screen Get Blanked after Some Inactivity it Takes Time for First Call

We must Find some way to do it. ?????????????

Hey KShah

We have 3 Issue

1. Fast Call Ring (No Delay)

2. Better Battery Life (May be Extended Battery like 1800mAh or more)

3. Java Software (JAR File Support it can be done using some IBM J9 Type Software)

Please Comment on this Issues I am Proposaing every PPC Users to make Comment on above Issue

Hey KShah

We have 3 Issue

1. Fast Call Ring (No Delay)

2. Better Battery Life (May be Extended Battery like 1800mAh or more)

3. Java Software (JAR File Support it can be done using some IBM J9 Type Software)

Please Comment on this Issues I am Proposaing every PPC Users to make Comment on above Issue

First of all I am not expert in mobiles. Anyway,

there are extended batteries available for 6600 and 6700 upto i think 3600 mAH. But they become bulky and also quite expensive.

Call ringer seems to be an issue about processor or memory sleep or standby mode.

The Logic of Delay Operation and Ring Tone is that.

TH SDCard goes into suspend mode. so whenever Phone Rings the Phone tries to make SDCard Live then Start Reading any file for Ring Tone and Program which Drastically reduces the Phone Response Time.

Following is my Suggestion.

Try to Remove Call Loger, Call Trasing, Caller ID Programs from SD Card and Move it into ROM, Dont keep any Ring Tone in SDCard and Set RIng Tome Directoty to \Windows\Rings only if you have changed it using registry editor.

Install all System Integrated Programms like Resco Meter, Battery Meter, Call LogManager, SMS Manager, Screen Saver which Act with System of Which Show any Icon on Front Screen so every time SDCard is not loaded.

Only Install Stand alone programm like Calculators, Browsers, Zip Manager, etc into SDCard.

You can also prevent SDCard being suspended by using Registry Hack which is Discussed in PPC6700 Hacks Topic

hi basant,

If you remember i had requested you for the procedure to connect to your home wifi network as you seem to be the only person who is able to do it. so pls man, post it here as i am still not able to browse. I get connected to my home and office network both, but after that neither can i access the shared folders on the other computers on the network nor internet thru the adsl modem connection(bsnl). pls help somebody.

Amit

Connecting WIFI is Easiet thing in PPC-6700

Just Configure your Wifi Modem and also DHCP (Dinamic Host Configuration Protocol) in Wifi Modem.

Then Restart Wifi Modem of Access Point

Remember One Thing PPC-6700 tries to Fetch IP Adrresss for it self from Seeking any DHCP Server into Wifi Network. An When IP is Assinged to 6700 then only it starts using that Network.

So Then Just Click the Small Connection Small Green Icon Right Handside in Bottom (Comm Manager) or Communication Manager

Then Click to (( i ))

Now Click Settings and CLick to WiFI and See all Available Wifi in Spot

If the Wifi is Successfull then Small Wifi Icon will be shown in Top - Middle Line

Remeber Another Thing If the Wifi is Enabled it is Treated as Most Prefered Network and All Connection of ISP, Works, Reliance Mobile World Reliance NetConnect is overrided. All Proxy Setting is also Overrided

Connecting WIFI is Easiet thing in PPC-6700

Just Configure your Wifi Modem and also DHCP (Dinamic Host Configuration Protocol) in Wifi Modem.

Then Restart Wifi Modem of Access Point

Remember One Thing PPC-6700 tries to Fetch IP Adrresss for it self from Seeking any DHCP Server into Wifi Network. An When IP is Assinged to 6700 then only it starts using that Network.

So Then Just Click the Small Connection Small Green Icon Right Handside in Bottom (Comm Manager) or Communication Manager

Then Click to (( i ))

Now Click Settings and CLick to WiFI and See all Available Wifi in Spot

If the Wifi is Successfull then Small Wifi Icon will be shown in Top - Middle Line

Remeber Another Thing If the Wifi is Enabled it is Treated as Most Prefered Network and All Connection of ISP, Works, Reliance Mobile World Reliance NetConnect is overrided. All Proxy Setting is also Overrided

Hi hpnasik,

and thanks for the speedy reply. But my problem is not getting connected to the network. That i am able to do. The problem is that like in a desktop or laptop, we can access the shared folders of other computers on the network, how can i do that from my ppc 6700. Also, i am using a BSNL broadband connection at home and i have setup a wifi network so i can access internet thru my laptop thru wifi. Now when i have to access internet thru the laptop all i have to do is switch on the wireless modem and connect thru the laptop. But using the ppc, how can i get access to the internet thru the wireless modem at my home. In both the cases stated above, i am able to get connected to the network easily.

what do i do ?

amit

Hi everybody

Here me giving link of this site which provide good apps for PPC, download these and make it full by provided serials.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/?en

Spb Backup---19732456

Spb Diary-----75349409

Spb Finance----88956234 or 66543744 or 19376423

Spb Full Screen Keyboard------ 45436801 or 24500927

Spb GPRS Monitor--------92873292

Spb Insight--------------Will update soon

Spb Imageer----------21428451

Spb Mobile DVD--------- will update soon

Spb Mobile Shell NEW!------- 5D3U-6478-4YWV --- Must have-

Spb Pocket Plus----30372645 or 65461245 or 65352283 or 71297438 or 19257395

Spb Pocket Tips & Tricks---------82702398

Spb Time-------------72383490 or 53174628 or 72383490

Spb Weather------------46123413 or 90234150 or 71560134 or 17461285 or 20215780

Spb Brain Evolution NEW!--------- will update soon

Spb AirIslands------------- will update soon

Spb Arkaball II--------------FC22483A

Spb Bubbles--------------47385623

Spb Xonix II--------------GZ1935I5

Spb Lines-------------78812321

Spb FreeCell------------727DAC24

Spb Minesweeper-------------83059383

Spb Pocket Highscores------------free

Pocket PC TestSuite-------will update soon

Spb AirSetup----------- Will update soon

Spb Benchmark-----------Wil update soon

EzSetup------------- will update soon

Spb Kiosk NEW!-------KIE003VP001PG923147

Spb Clone------------will update soon

Extended Theme Generator-----------will update soon

Any request IM me will sure get u any game or app.

Mods/Admin if deleting this post please keep back up to send through E-mail to members.

I want original stylus, earphone and battery for ppc6700.

Anyone???

Where's the starcomm ASC in mumbai??

I have Battery But not the Original One.

The Landed Cost in Nasik is Rs. 1000 1500 mah SLim Type.

Why Buy Original ear Phone (Just Use Ear Phone / Mic of LG6230 @ Rs. 350 to 400) LG is the Best Quality than Original of PPC6700

I too uses LG6230 earphone.

Stylus you have to Import through ebay.com (USA ranges from $2 to 6 $ + $3 Postage to Heafty Price for this Kadi yaar)

If Any Company Saves Cost or Make Better Profit Margin by way of Economies of Scale / or Advantage of Large Scale Integration, This addition goes directly to the Bottom line of company and is never passed on to the Clients.

Edited by hpnasik

can ne1 confirm exact price for this in mumbai circle..

I can Give it for 28 k

Call 09366666666

so if any individual customer want to go for this set . how and where should he contact corporate centre ?

You can contact me on 9366666666. will give you the solution.

I believe we can run skype too on this PDA ?

Also, any of the members who are using has tried push email client? new email notifications are coming up fine?

I am about to buy it so was just curious.

I am using push mail on 6700, for furthe details you may contact me on 9366666666

hello,

request some help from all the experts here. i seem to have some problems which are specific to ppc on cdma.

i have been using a o2xda IIs with gsm.

yesterday i got the ppc6700 with the hope of having better data connectivity. i have two major problems with this (compared to the o2)

1. everytime i am connected to the data network, i keep getting a notification in the lower part of the screen sometimes as frequently as every 10 seconds, which says "mumbai". and this stays for a while till i click on dismiss. this takes up a lot of screen space, and is a real pain.

is there any way that this can be disabled?

2. i have some 1200 contacts, and one of the reasons of getting a windows mobile device is that i can have all my contacts on the mobile. however, all my contact numbers are stored in the +91 (xx) xxxxxxxx or +91 (xxxxx) xxxxx format.

this worked fine in the gsm phone, and the numbers would be dialled out without problem.

however, with the cdma, it seems that the numbers will not be dialled unless they are in the 0xx xxxxxxxx or 0091 (xx) xxxxxxxx format.

is this an issue with all cdma phones, or is it only reliance.

also, is there any way around this, (apart from editing all the numbers)

thanks in anticipation for any help or pointers

mangal parihar

mumbai

CDMA dont allow + in Front of Number.

So you have to Export the Number to Excel and Replace all + with Zero

The Annoying City Information is also making problem for me and dont find any solution for that.