Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Reliance Jio Starts Deploying LTE Towers In NCR :

http://m.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-analysis/287077/reliance-jio-starts-deploying-lte-towers-ncr-sources?utm_source=referrence_article

Gagandeep Sodhi| January 14, 2014|

The much-awaited launch of Reliance Jio Infocomm is getting closer. The company has started deploying towers in the National Capital Region (NCR), according to reliable industry sources.

"The testing phase is over now and Reliance Jio has started deploying Global Base Monopole towers in Noida and Greater Noida," said a well-placed industry source.

Though the date of the launch is not known, it is no longer a secret that the company would launch operations in the metro cities of New Delhi and Mumbai. Reliance Jio Infocomm recently granted media preview of its services. (See: Reliance Jio Inches Closer To Launch.)

This was corroborated by another well-placed industry source. "Yes, the towers have come up in Noida and Greater Noida and they belong to Reliance Jio. All the infrastructure deals have been closed and the company is gearing up for the launch of the services now."

Reliance Jio had granted order for Li-ion telecom batteries for 10,000 Global Base Monopole (GBM) sites across the country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Testing phase is certainly not over, but there are multiple products to be talked about

I have a small query may sound dumb though if I am right 4G or LTE as MDA is offering comes under GSM segment right?.If such is the case why would MDA buyout cdma arm of Rcom how would it benefit him.I dont get the logic.Any ideas as to when MDA plans to turn his vision to lesser privilaged places like chennai which need good internet connections

LTE is the convergence of CDMA and GSM

And also, just by introducing LTE will not mean the commercial death of 3G/EVDO - perhaps they will coexist as budget options - just like 2G/EDGE/1x is still marketed alongwith 3G/EVDO

vamyqe7e.jpg

Rel Jio surprise entry; Loop, Videocon stay away

mobil.jpg

The slugfest for spectrum got under way with eight telecom services companies entering the fray for 1800 mhz and 900 mhz airwaves in an auction beginning on February 3.

Both the Ambani brothers, Mukesh and Anil, have thrown their hat in the ring with Reliance Jio and Reliance Communications deciding to put in bids. Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Tata Teleservices and Idea Cellular will also jostle for airwaves along with Aircel and Uninor (Telewings).

With eight established players in the ring, the government is confident of realising more than the targeted Rs 40,874 crore non-tax revenues from the spectrum sale and usage charge. This will help finance minister P Chidambaram arrest the fiscal deficit at 4.8 per cent, much below estimates made by independent consultancies and rating agencies.

Loop and Videocon Telecom have not submitted applications for spectrum in the February 3 auction. State-run BSNL and MTNL, which recently surrendered unused spectrum in different bands, also have not put in bids.

The entry of Reliance Jio of Mukesh Ambani is the only surprise, as it is busy working on the launch of 4G wireless broadband services. Auctions for the two separate frequency bands will begin on February 3. Wednesday was the deadline for cellular operators to submit initial interest for participating in the auction. Withdrawals will be allowed till January 27.

Telecom secretary M F Farooqui said on Wednesday that the auction would go on as per schedule without any revision. He was hopeful that by next weekend, that is much before the auctions, the annual spectrum usage charge (SUC) would be fixed and clarity would emerge on the merger and acquisition guidelines.

The government proposes to levy SUC of 3-8 per cent linked to annual revenues of the telecom companies. Trai recommended a higher SUC of 3-5 per cent for all telecom companies from April 1 this year.

Last month setting aside all objections, the cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA) adopted the Telecom Commission’s recommendations to sell pan-India 1 mhz spectrum in the 1800 mhz band at Rs 1,765 crore. It also cleared the floor prices for 900 mhz spectrum in Delhi (Rs 359 crore), Mumbai (Rs 327 crore) and Kolkata (Rs 125 crore), based on the recommendations of a ministerial group.

Under the auction mallet are 403 mhz 2G spectrum in the 1800 mhz band and 45 mhz in the 900 mhz band. For the November 2012 auctions, Trai had recommended a pan-India reserve price of Rs 3,622 crore for 1 mhz in the 1800 mhz band. In the January, 2013 bidding, the regulator had brought the price down to Rs 1,496 crore. Plus, it asked for a 60 per cent cut in the reserve price for spectrum in the 900 mhz band in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata.

Trai had also recommended re-farming of spectrum vacated by Bharti Airtel and Vodafone without any ‘reservation.’

Loop Mobile, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have made separate petitions before the telecom disputes settlement appellate tribunal for automatic extension of their licences without having to bid for the 900 mhz spectrum in Mumbai.

Confirming participation in the auction, Bharti Enterprises’ deputy managing director Akhil Gupta said, “We will await a government decision on spectrum usage charges.”

There is many towers installed in jamnagar and nearby, one more thing observed no one nearby rcom's existing cell sites.

I've seen that ground work at Surat Gujarat has also completed... saw many manholes nearby every corner of societies and buildings stating RJIO ... waiting for more to come...

sent from Motorola DROID BIONIC HD on Reliance Wireless

Another news item here...

While there is nothing new, it surely shows Mukesh Bhai's Farsightedness and Cunning.

These Low emission Towers Look different from the other nornal ones.. Looks like the ones in US...

vamyqe7e.jpg

I also saw the same kind of towers all over the rajkot city today.

They did not have any Reliance Jio logo however on observing one of them closely, they had a nomenclature like RJIL-RIL-147.

That makes me believe that they are Reliance Jio towers only.

Another interesting thing observed is all the towers which I saw were installed on the centre divider of the main roads with almost the same height. Don't know the technical reasons behind it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by varunpatel
  • Like 1

Hi

Today News flash on ET NOW

Reliance 4G data rate Rs. 300 for 5GB half of Today 3G data rate.......

• Like 2

60 Rs per GB? Not bad...

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro

trademark Mukesh Ambani "disruptive pricing"

But I am expecting some unlimited plans..

@nellorian, do you know any other parts of the state that are getting this 4G infrastructure(other than Hyderabad)

Vijayawada, Rajahmundry and Your place Visakapatnam is also getting ready as per naukari.com

Babulu

@nellorian, do you know any other parts of the state that are getting this 4G infrastructure(other than Hyderabad)

Vijayawada, Rajahmundry and Your place Visakapatnam is also getting ready as per naukari.com

Babulu

Yeah, I was sure that Visakhapatnam would get the Reliance 4G but I will not get it because I live in the outskirts of the city, so I highly doubt that I would ever get the 4G signal. But glad to hear that Reliance is also deploying the infrastructure in towns like Rajahmundry & Nellore.

Varun bhai you are right. In Jamnagar also major towers are in city corporation like road dividers and circle. a think they do tiup with corporation .

• Like 1

:cry: They haven`t started puttin up towers in my place :cry:

Just now saw the tower in Panvel....Its the same as in in the Image above....

They first plan was in fact to tie-ups with the Municipal corporation in Navi Mumbai they got the resolutions passed but after the stiff opposition of Oppo Parties they backed out...

It was integrated with Tower & Street Light....

I had mentioned few months ago that MDA taking over ADA reliance communications....guess it was too early to mention that. But now it's looks like everyone wants to believe that. Also another FYI gsm staying back with ADA and CDMA going to MDA probably another 3-4 months. They have already started movement within the teams. 4G would rock seriously, also got info from inside source that they have some tie ups with samsung for 4G handsets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mentioned few months ago that MDA taking over ADA reliance communications....guess it was too early to mention that. But now it's looks like everyone wants to believe that. Also another FYI gsm staying back with ADA and CDMA going to MDA probably another 3-4 months. They have already started movement within the teams. 4G would rock seriously, also got info from inside source that they have some tie ups with samsung for 4G handsets

I doubt what will be the future of RCOM without CDMA, Giving away CDMA business will also give away the lucrative EVDO WiFi broadband,

I hardly know any one using RGSM as primary number

• Like 1

And I hear tata are closing down its telecom biz totally

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

The handsets were to be low priced around 5Kish IIRC - it is public domain knowledge

4g testing running in Reliance Petroleum near Jamnagar