Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

Guys, you also facing very slow Download/Browsing speed from last 2 days. I am getting 1kb/s download speed in the day time and 6-7kbps in the night.

But before that the speed is 10kbps in the night and 6-7kbps in the day time. My friend also facing this problem and we both have Windows XP Pro is installe and also checked for virus with latest virus definations of Norton Antivirus 2005.

Guest niloo25

I am also facing the same slow browsing speed around 1 kbps. and sometime connection stops responding to my PC. I am using Windows XP

Guys, you also facing very slow Download/Browsing speed from last 2 days. I am getting 1kb/s download speed in the day time and 6-7kbps in the night.

But before that the speed is 10kbps in the night and 6-7kbps in the day time. My friend also facing this problem and we both have Windows XP Pro is installe and also checked for virus with latest virus definations of Norton Antivirus 2005.

30803[/snapback]

I am also facing the same slow browsing speed around 1 kbps. and sometime connection stops responding to my PC. I am using Windows XP

31824[/snapback]

Guyz I cant find any problem regarding rconnect speed, even last night I rsynced

to the www.kernel.org mm tree, it took 5 hrs to transfer around 350 MB of data.

I am having postpaid connection and using platinium plan.

I am on linux (totaly customized for my own need :-) )

BTW can you post the traceroute information for alleast 1/2 sites you're facing

speed problem with.

Cheers ............................

P.S

Knowing how new and messed there TCP/IP stack implementation is, these

problems are only side effect.

Guys, problem in my city is almost solved. According to CC there is congestion in the network in the whole western UP that's why we are facing such a bad speed.

Pune here - frequent disconnects, page time outs and speeds of around 10KBps vs 130 KBps usually.

BTW can you post the traceroute information for alleast 1/2 sites you're facing speed problem with.

I had high speed connectivity this morning, but after lunch, I'm getting connected but it gets into dormancy, and doesn't respond to and browser requests.

I tried ping -i 5 (dns_ip) to keep my connection alive, but even though the dns server gets pinged without packet loss, there is no response to my browser's requests.

I tried a traceroute on the dns ip and it took just one hop for a response. I tried traceroute on icicibank.com and yahoo.com and i got an 'unknown host' response after about 1 minute each.

I had high speed connectivity this morning, but after lunch, I'm getting connected but it gets into dormancy, and doesn't respond to and browser requests.

I tried ping -i 5 (dns_ip) to keep my connection alive, but even though the dns server gets pinged without packet loss, there is no response to my browser's requests.

I tried a traceroute on the dns ip and it took just one hop for a response. I tried traceroute on icicibank.com and yahoo.com and i got an 'unknown host' response after about 1 minute each.

32501[/snapback]

Dear clinton,

To keep alive your connection ping the P-t-P end of your connection a.k.a gateway,

If you're using linux simply put the folloing to your /etc/ppp/ip-up

At the top of the file after export PATH statement enter

PPP_REMOTE="$5"

and at the end of the file before exit 0 statement enter

`which ping` -i 5 -v $PPP_REMOTE >/dev/null &

thats all, it will keep your connection alive.

What excatly do you mean by getting "unknown host" is it coming after few hopes

of traceroute or you are just getting @ the begining.

Most probably your dns server is down or having some problem. BTW if you're relying

on the relaince DNS servers than you're bound to get these type of problems time to time.

The best reliable recursive dns server I found is provided by dyndns.org.

A traceroute to www.yahoo.com on my ststem spit this, and I am using rconnect :-)

mrx@dacodecz:~ # traceroute www.yahoo.com

traceroute: Warning: www.yahoo.com has multiple addresses; using 66.94.230.32

traceroute to www.yahoo.akadns.net (66.94.230.32), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets

1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) 258.728 ms 419.398 ms 259.877 ms

2 97.238.2.1 (97.238.2.1) 279.875 ms 259.509 ms 259.879 ms

3 202.138.101.57 (202.138.101.57) 302.694 ms 256.486 ms 259.897 ms

4 220.224.184.178 (220.224.184.178) 499.862 ms 499.391 ms 499.852 ms

5 62.216.145.221 (62.216.145.221) 538.872 ms 638.377 ms 500.822 ms

6 g2-12-bas2.dce.yahoo.com (206.223.115.2) 540.845 ms 701.181 ms 517.750 ms

7 ge-1-4-4-p444.pat2.pao.yahoo.com (216.115.97.178) 539.845 ms ge-1-0-4-p570.pat2.pao.yahoo.com (216.115.97.6) 718.352ms *

8 ge-0-0-3.msr1.scd.yahoo.com (66.218.64.146) 577.991 ms ge-1-0-3.msr1.scd.yahoo.com (66.218.82.197) 558.244 ms 758.644 ms

9 UNKNOWN-66-218-82-230.yahoo.com (66.218.82.230) 559.853 ms 577.150 ms vl42.bas1-m.scd.yahoo.com (66.218.82.226) 599.851 ms

10 p1.www.scd.yahoo.com (66.94.230.32) 578.174 ms 559.193 ms 580.895 ms

Cheers .........................

To keep alive your connection ping the P-t-P end of your connection a.k.a gateway,

If you're using linux simply put the folloing to your /etc/ppp/ip-up

At the top of the file after export PATH statement enter

PPP_REMOTE="$5"

and at the end of the file before exit 0 statement enter

`which ping` -i 5 -v $PPP_REMOTE >/dev/null &

thats all, it will keep your connection alive.

What excatly do you mean by getting "unknown host" is it coming after few hopes

of traceroute or you are just getting @ the begining.

Most probably your dns server is down or having some problem. BTW if you're relying

on the relaince DNS servers than you're bound to get these type of problems time to time.

The best reliable recursive dns server I found is provided by dyndns.org.

I don't have any issue with dormancy. This RConnect thing is like dial-on-demand so i don't want continuous data transfer either.

BTW everything is running fine again as of 6:00pm :blink: (temporary glitch?)

FYI, I run Mandrake 10.1 on my Acer Aspire 3002 NLC notebook PC.

Thanks anyways, hope I don't need help again tomorrow. :ph34r:

Hi,

I have LG LSP 340 and Platinum plan. I have windows xp with sp2 and all latest windows updates still I get 10 kbps as browsing and 1 kbps as dwonloading speed on Rconnect and it is flat 24 hrs. I don't know what to do with this problem. Please help me out

Could be some problems with the cable. Is it original??

even I had the similiar problem with LG RD 2030 , I think this cud also be beause of some virus , which continuously upload data from your PC without your knowledge.

I used antivirus S/W and now my browsing speed is almost 10 times higher than upload speeed.

Guys any ideas on this!

can be also due to some adwares... Run some good antivirus like norton and do a complete check up of the system.

Also run Ad-Aware or some similar software and remove all the malwares from the system. Then try using Rconnect once again.

Always protect the system using firewall. Zonealarm can be used.

Perhaps you may find a difference!!

Edited by deepu

Even if there is a virus you will get the same amount of bandwidth... why would that reduce? Although the amount of "available bandwidth" and your throughput might decrease considerably.

If you're using a good 3rd party tool to mesure bandwidth (i.e. the total amount of data incoming & outgoing from your computer) you have some other problems!

I have no viruses, no spywares, no adwares, nothing. I have win xp sp2 with norton antivirus. I have latest windows updates and patches. Still the speed is down. I've bought brand new original cable but still the problem exits.

I have no viruses, no spywares, no adwares, nothing. I have win xp sp2 with norton antivirus. I have latest windows updates and patches. Still the speed is down. I've bought brand new original cable but still the problem exits.

34064[/snapback]

i experienced the same during past 15 minutes

happened all of a sudden

but now its kinda better... nyways better than 500bytes or 1 kb

:clap:

Maybe reliance is doing some maintainance at their servers!!

BSNL is providing GRPS based internet service on its mobile for just 349 Rs unlimited data transfer and unlimited time.

Why is r connect cost 1500 Rs . Has anyone using BSNL GPRS service, how is the speed , connectivity?

Irrespective of how BSNL's service would be - and judging by their regular GSM service I imagine pretty lousy. They dont come close at theoritical speeds - 56kbps GPRS vs. 144 kbps CDMA.

And for the most parts RIM users do get this speed - I know I get an avg of 130-135 kbps most days.

But who would complain if the 1,500 was brought down to 500!

Edited by anujit

Comrades,

Seems settings of MTU, MRU, MSS combo is broken on your host, please check it out and if it's 1500 for the PPP adapter, then it's time to do some little tweak while things would be real riddle for neophytes { NO PUN INTENDED }.

Riding packet switched network using wireless interface by brain dread operators could really be a show stopper sometimes.

Wish I could have S1 pipe at my end :-(

Cheers ............................