Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

It's Kilo bytes...i got around 10- 12 kilobytes with a 2280..

WBR

Surej

:wacko:

how is that possible??

10 kilo bytes/sec= 600kilo bytes/min. i.e 1.2 MB File takes only 2 mins ...

12 kilo bytes/sec= 720 kilobytes/min i.e. 1.44 MB file takes only 2 mins

impossible... :wacko: or is it?

Ofcourse its possible if the connection speed is constant throughout. But it isn't practical to get constant speed throughout the download session. So it may seem 'impossible' to you :o

well, myself i havent *ever* got anything over 7.5KB/sec even using Download Accelerator Plus ..even at 2 A.M.... :o

I have reched once 13 kBps.. I don't know how .. that was on samsung n191 i think.. it has max 144 kbps capacity..

BTW.. that are old dayz.. now i m suffering from super slow internet..

any software to improve the speed.......

hi techies

i get a speed of 60 kbps at midnnight and 40 kbps at afternoon

Come on man,

60kbps ?

However like static max i get is 8-9 kbps.

Why is there so much diff. in speeds people get when they r working on the same network ???

I think he said 60kbps kilobits/sec...and 8-9 K is kilobytes/sec...

i have got max 13 kilobytes/sec with one 2280

WBR

Surej

i got 30 KBps with download accelerator, but thatz the maximum.

Hi I just wanted to let the reliance people know (thru your site again) that the i have been surfing the internet thru r-connect. It is wonderful, but sadly off late im not satisfed with the internet speed...its tooo Slow, please do something about it :D us with better ... faster internet speeds

regards

chandramauli

Same here i think i'm experiencing low bandwidth/congestion from starting of may

I have noticed on several occasions - after the phone is connected to the net there is absolutely no data transfer! I have to disconnect and reconnect to get things working!

I guess too many people are buying the 100 buck cable and logging in through R-Connect!

And whats with the R-Connect subscription charges anyways! They said there would be NO ISP CHARGES FOR DAPO USERS!

I guess too many people are buying the 100 buck cable and logging in through R-Connect!

Well i have brought the original data cable / cord thru RWW...but still ... ;) (slow speeds)

:o no no ... i think what he meant was too many ppl are loggin on to R connect these days and thats the reason the speed is this low. ... am i right anujit ? ;)

Isnt reliance supposed to be rolling out "broadband" connections soon?

How can they do that if they dont have the bandwidth to support users of R-Connect? ;)

after the phone is connected to the net there is absolutely no data transfer! I have to disconnect and reconnect to get things working!

My observation is that this happens mostly during the day. Things get better at night.

Any way things are worsening by he day i hope reliance releases its brodband connections soon. I heard they sre experimenting witth some new tech which promises very high bandwidth Wondering if they can roll the out in the near future

I have noticed on several occasions - after the phone is connected to the net there is absolutely no data transfer! I have to disconnect and reconnect to get things working!

i am having the same problem for the past 8 months since i got the phone.

I have contacted reliance info-con many times. there reply was to me that my problem is being looked at "on a priority basis" . Since then i have had no further response from them. That was two months back!!!!!

Thats why i take any wonderful news from reliance with a few pinches of salt.

I gues this all will end as Reliance comes out with REAL BROADBAND by end of this year the entry level will be 256 Kbits/sec download speed and will be charged approx Rs. 400 only way cheaper than this current connection and way too fast. Desperately waitin for it

Wats the point with 256 kbits if there is a download limit?

How did you know that there would be a download limit :)

Hi I just wanted to let the reliance people know (thru your site again) that the i have been surfing the internet thru r-connect. It is wonderful, but sadly off late im not satisfed with the internet speed...its tooo Slow, please do something about it  :angry: us with better ... faster internet speeds

regards

chandramauli

Well,

Here.. still get faster speed as always..

Wats the point with 256 kbits if there is a download limit?

How did you know that there would be a download limit :angry:

Most cable ISP's in North India have download limits. Then mostly Reliance will offer unlimited downloads as a part of a high price plan like everyone does, or they will offer unlimited downloads only as an introductory offer (like unlimited SMS for DAPO)

:angry:

Most cable ISP's in North India have download limits. Then mostly Reliance will offer unlimited downloads as a part of a high price plan like everyone does, or they will offer unlimited downloads only as an introductory offer (like unlimited SMS for DAPO)

I dont think reliance would do so..

Bcz more than speed some people even think of pricing!!

Currently in our place operators charge around 900 for

unlimited downloads @ 4-6kb/s..

I think they would come with a offer which has unimited download

and rates lower than the current provider here :angry:

I think they would come with a offer which has unimited download

and rates lower than the current provider here :angry:

I hope so. :angry: Currently I have 8 KB/s, unlimited downloads @ 900/month from Asianet Cable Internet in Kerala.

But all of us here are not satisfied with this speed. It take an hour to download 20 MB! :(

I hope so.  :angry:   Currently I have 8 KB/s, unlimited downloads @ 900/month from Asianet Cable Internet in Kerala.

But all of us here are not satisfied with this speed. It take an hour to download 20 MB! :angry:

Just for the info...

Asianet modems are set @ 6.25 kb/s max for connections @ Rs.900