Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

What do you use to Connect ?

I tried serveral times with my FWP in Bombay - it just refuses to give me good speed and latency.

Then probably I need HELP. Cause I would love to use 11KBPS...

i use the LG 2030 to connect.

Nothing More than 33.2kbps REALISTICALLY

900ms Normal Latency (VERIO & YAHOO)

Rs. 60 per hour tarriff..

DO YOU CALL THIS CONNECTIVITY ? I prefer MTNL instead.

AND YOU STILL WANT TO USE IT ?

Hi, I use r-connect with LG 2030.

Now, if I want to switch to mtnl, then let us see the cost implication:

Monthly rental: Rs.500 ("telephone for internet" Plan, only ISP charges applicable)

ISP charges: Rs.5 /hr (lowest is assumed)

Assuming monthly usage of appx 1000 mins/month (i.e. a little more than 0.5hr per day)

Monthly charges for isp = 5*1000/60 = Rs.83.33

So total monthly charges = Rs 583.

While, in case of r-connect, monthly charge would be Rs.( 200 + 1000*0.40) = Rs.600

which is only a bit costlier than mtnl, but speeds are definitley much better.

Now, if one still wants to switch to mtnl, he has to spend Rs.3000 as security deposit for new connection.

So, R-connect is not as costly as it appears by looking at Rs. 60 per hour.

mtnl cannot help u when u r on the move , i mean travelling. secondly dont got fro unlimited but if u have usage of say specific hours then may be relaince may be cheaper and my dear frined u forgot mtnl probvide 56 k speed while reliance is anywhere between 65 to 75

so it needs toc harge more

then mainly mtnl after so many years has come with this scheme. just wait and watch and see reliance will also come up with the same

I've used MTNL and now I use a Reliance FWP as well as a FWT and let me tell you that Reliance works out cheaper because it's faster than MTNL and more stable too.

ppl here were initially talking abt RIM n not RIP !

finally they ended up talking abt MTNL.. but i guess u cannot compare RIM with MTNL ! Try comparing RIP with MTNL, n u'd find that RIP still stands a winner!

Anyways, R-connect rates is all a matter of "hair-pulling" till we see true Broadband here in India... Wait n watch is the only thing which we can do!

i just went and clocked my download speed on download.com and it gave me a speed of 59.6 kbps according to the site !!! :) im using the 2130 .... someone with the 2030 pls check up and let me know how it fares ... now that there is no monthly tariff, i dont have to deactivate ... such a relief ...

Similar Result. 2/4kbps Up or Down. BUT Latency is > 800ms which is what we never saw even when VSNL was at its worst ever times.

60kbps is certainly NOT 115kbps. I could expect 10% Tolerence - 15% not 50%.

try www.mycooltools.com and use VisualRoute to find out the Latency.

I am more than satified with the speed reliance is providing. Reliance's Rconnect is the best one i have used till date.

speed is gr8, im quite satisfied, what reliance has given me , i cud not get from any other connection.

the prices are a bit high that,s all.

What made u think that the price is high? It all depends what package are u using and u are the one to see on that.

Does the price not seem high??? For pre paid it comes to Rs. 60/hr!!! And if ur going to use it only R-Connect then for a 325 voucher you get just 2.5 hours of R-connect usage! :D Absurd!

Post paid folks would end up paying 200 bucks extra even if they dont even use it for a minute ...and no night time concession in tarrifs either!

I use BSNL's 499 plan with which I have to pay nothing extra for tel. charges and Sancharnet (which incidentally is cheaper and faster than VSNL) which is free after 11 pm, with a validity of 2 yrs for a 100 hr pack!

Just compare that with RIM's tariffs. Only advantage is that RIM would give better bandwidth.

Dear Raccon,

You are comparing Mobile internet rates with landline rates, which is not fair.

Dear Greens,

I compare things which are options for me ...and im sure most other people out there have the same options! The fact remains that leisurely surfing and all is not an option using RIM ...not at the current rates. True, access thru RIM means mobility ...but that would make it useful only to those who travel a lot with laptops. If RIM reduces the rates, I'm sure R-connect would find a much, much wider user base with its added convinence and higher bandwidth compared to wired landline.

Sure its NOT as fast as we like...

but it still is the best among whatever ****ty ways we got to connect

Yeh reliance rate is really high for that speed..

In case of cable internet in my area,

for 96kbps connection its jus Rs.2500 and you get 24 hours of net..

When it comes to Reliance even if i use 5 hours a day, rates would Rs.3600 excluding rental & other expense.

Thats a great price compenn, I hope they dont monitor the bandwidth consumed per month ?

In Poona one cable operator is now offering unlimited access for Rs. 500 /month (if you pay 6 months advance). Anybody got a better offer anywhere? :help:

I don't know is it true or not.

But I've heard that in this month or next BSNL will introduce landline phones which will also provide Cable connection and net connection.

Monthly rent will be 500/-.

In which Net charges r included.

I mean Unlimited Internet and cable only in 500/- per month.

No free calls r included.

I guess thats a good way with comparisons... It would be just a step ahead to find better options around you :help:

From this we knw cable operators are offering much lower prices than Reliance maintaining almost same speed.