Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

Asianet DataLine Homenet connection is a 64 kbps connection which means 8 kB/sec

Enough of off topic stuff, we are discussing about Reliance, not Asianet :angry:

Unlimited Downloads at Lower Prices will actually DIFFERENTIATE reliance from other broadband companies. Hathway charges I think Rs2/- per MB imagine downloadina 2-3GB movie. Well I suppose Reliance will follow broadband operators worldwide. Normally 8MBits/2Mbit connection in US and Europe costs around 30-40$ thats it with unlimited downloads. However what you said was right whats the use of a 256Kbits/sec connection w/o unlimited downloads hope its not that way

Here in our country, we are laying terabit lines.....

When VSNL was the first ISP in 1995, the total bandwidth India had was only 20 MBps......

But now hasnt the situation improved?

What about the Chennai to Singapore terabit line laid by Bharti-Singtel?

Why hasnt this increase in bandwidth trickled down to end users like us?

Here in our country, we are laying terabit lines.....

When VSNL was the first ISP in 1995, the total bandwidth India had was only 20 MBps......

But now hasnt the situation improved?

What about the Chennai to Singapore terabit line laid by Bharti-Singtel?

Why hasnt this increase in bandwidth trickled down to end users like us?

Because they want to drain the max from a customer with less provision..

Even in case of mobile, that was the stuff done by GSM operators until

Reliance came into the market

Because they want to drain the max from a customer with less provision..

I guess what you say is true. ISP's up north have put download limits only to fleece the customer and not because they have less bandwidth...... :rolleyes:

I wish i could get a 256 kbit connection for less than 1000 a month in 2 years.... -_-

I wish i could get a 256 kbit connection for less than 1000 a month in 2 years....  -_-

keep your fingers crossed ... lets hope reliance brings another revolution ... another pioneer offer where u get unlimited downloads @ 256kbps for ur rate :rolleyes:

Isnt reliance supposed to be rolling out "broadband" connections soon?

How can they do that if they dont have the bandwidth to support users of R-Connect? :)

my guess is that the bottleneck could easily be the wireless part.

broadband will be wired from your set top box to the optical fibre so no interference etc

the backbone capacity has always been there (even abroad)

its the 'last mile' that's always the choke point

its also the most time consuming part to get up & running

Hey guys,

I tried R-Connect in my area..

I got speeds of 8.5 kb/s for download

and while browsing in opera something like 4 - 5 kb/s

Good Enough! -_-

hello to everyone

i m using R conect from Last year's july. till dec03 i used Samsung handset for which gave me speed of 15-16 KB/sec but from last 5 months i m using LG 2030 and it give me speed of 8-10 KB/sec.

Chandra,

This slow apeed may be due to the merging of broadband facility.... as such Reliance is right now busy shedding its network to provide better connectivity...

Yameer.

Folks,

Any software to increase the speed.

Hi Guys,

Slow Speeds on RIM...

Although I am not a professional in this field, I can add my 25p since I have been reading about it a lot.

Reliance uses the same network for voice and data. So , if you are connected in a particular area where there are too many voice calls being made through the same BTS, that you are connected to, your speed will be lower. That's why you get better speeds at odd hours at night. As all of us know, voice occupies too much bandwidth.

The maximum I got was about a year back - about 11 KBps which is not bad since the set (2130) is capable of only 115,200 bps (note the difference in B and b !!). Currently I do not get anything more than 4-5 KBps.

Broadband,,,

For internet access at home , I am subscribed to Dishnet DSL (now bought over by VSNL and under the Tata Indicom brand - www.ddsl.net). They have installed a cable modem for free and charged me installation of Rs 5000/- since house was in a area far from the current cabling route. If your house is near a laid down cable, probably you can negotiate this. Connection speed is 512,000 bps and if I test the speed on www.testspeed.com or on the Mcaffee website, I have got upto 45 KBps.

However, when I try to actually download, the speed is lower because all depends on where you are downloading from, how busy is that server, is it http or ftp, port problems, etc... Generally with Kazaa I get around 22-24 KBps. But browsing is a sheer pleasure - pages load in a jiffy - even the highly graphics loaded ones like www.gamespot.com. Playing games on line is great as is watching live video feeds, listening to internet radio and making voice calls.

Cost: Amazing that I pay only Rs 995.00 + 8% service tax every month for 1GB free upload/download (this will include all downloads,browsing, mail, etc...). For every 0.5 GB extra I need to pay another 495.00. Have used it for about 15 months now and absolutely no hassles.

Probabaly a wee bit expensive but after researching the market for over 15 months haven't found anything better !!

Enjoy !!

Cost:  Amazing that I pay only Rs 995.00 + 8% service tax every month for 1GB free upload/download (this will include all downloads,browsing, mail, etc...). For every 0.5 GB extra I need to pay another 495.00. Have used it for about 15 months now and absolutely no hassles.

I think unlimited downloads @ 64 kbits @ 900/month is far better....

yeah u can check mail and browse at lightning speed.

But what about downloads? ;)

I think, Tiger's got a definitely good deal with the speeds he gets!! I work in 7-8KBps downloads, and getting 22-24kBps downloads at Kazaa is definitely something quite good in 1000 bucks! I get 7-8kBps speeds in 750/month. Waiting for Reliance Broadband!

I think, Tiger's got a definitely good deal with the speeds he gets!! I work in 7-8KBps downloads, and getting 22-24kBps downloads at Kazaa is definitely something quite good in 1000 bucks! I get 7-8kBps speeds in 750/month. Waiting for Reliance Broadband!

but they have placed 250 mb limit. If you check your usage and as a power user you can download 100mb in one single day and if you are working on internet for about 6 hours a day 40mb per day usage is very normal and above 250mb charges are very high Rs.10 per 1MB. That's ridiculous charge and if one is using 1000MB per month then he has to pay Rs.7500 (for 750mb) and Rs.1000/- package price that's goes to rs.8500/- per month which is ridiculously high cost from dialup or minute wise usage. I think Rs.2-3 extra per MB will be cost effective for power users.

but they have placed 250 mb limit.

:) Whose "they" in ur post?

I was talking abt Tiger, who doesn't use R-Connect. And he has a limit of 1GB which is pretty decent.

I guess u were talking abt R-Connect where there is data limits of 250MB.

Hi all :quest:

The RIL Broadband thing seems to be a good idea. I have a 128k dsl connection to the internet (unlimited downloads) and do about 30 gig of transfers a month. It's been this way for the last 2 years now..

I was thinking of using the R-Connect feature as a test .. Own both the FWP and the LG-RD2030 handsets...

But if the speeds are in the tune of 6-8 kb/sec there is no point in shelling out high bucks for low speeds.. My DSL offers me 12k stable downloads - 24*7.

But 256k and higher speeds would be cool, if they come without a bandwidth cap..

Just my two cents...

xy :D

Hi all :quest:

The RIL Broadband thing seems to be a good idea. I have a 128k dsl connection to the internet (unlimited downloads) and do about 30 gig of transfers a month. It's been this way for the last 2 years now..

I was thinking of using the R-Connect feature as a test .. Own both the FWP and the LG-RD2030 handsets...

But if the speeds are in the tune of 6-8 kb/sec there is no point in shelling out high bucks for low speeds.. My DSL offers me 12k stable downloads - 24*7.

But 256k and higher speeds would be cool, if they come without a bandwidth cap..

Just my two cents...

reliance have 250mb limit on their 1000/- unlimited plan and additional MB cost is rs.10/- per MB. Since you use 30gb expect to pay monthly charges in lakhs of rupees.

Hi all :D

Just my two cents...

Which ISP are u on? u havent mentioned it in ur post :quest:

Hiya,

Forget the R-connect if there is a 250 meg limit. I can do that on my dsl in 6 hrs.

Though it would be a nice thing to use with a laptop on the move.

Thanks for the info Mahinder.. You have saved me quite a packet! :rolleyes:

and Biosbhai : I have a shared Dishnet leased line connection.. (homebrew ISP)

and pay 1600/- per month for the connection and I'm based in Mumbai.

Ciao

xytise

Nothing More than 33.2kbps REALISTICALLY

900ms Normal Latency (VERIO & YAHOO)

Rs. 60 per hour tarriff..

DO YOU CALL THIS CONNECTIVITY ? I prefer MTNL instead.

AND YOU STILL WANT TO USE IT ?

i get better speed then mtnl on rc onnect. sceondly it connects too fast. when i have voice chat on 56k then the voice is a bit less clear then r connect and also we cant do any other work but in r coonect i can also surf the net.

Nothing More than 33.2kbps REALISTICALLY

900ms Normal Latency (VERIO & YAHOO)

Rs. 60 per hour tarriff..

DO YOU CALL THIS CONNECTIVITY ? I prefer MTNL instead.

AND YOU STILL WANT TO USE IT ?

well,

just 1 set of statistics cannot count.

so,

usually, what i get->

ping-> 250-400 ms

baud-> ~9-11 KB/S

which neighther BSNL,nor MTNL could ever give me,

so i prefer r-connect,

even though Rs.60 would deter me, but 40p/min plan is good for me.

What do you use to Connect ?

I tried serveral times with my FWP in Bombay - it just refuses to give me good speed and latency.

Then probably I need HELP. Cause I would love to use 11KBPS...