Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

I get around 4 kb speed while downloading, not the 115 kb that R_Connect announces when I log in. The speed is equal to that we get with dialup. In cable, I get twice or thrice the speed. I bought this LG 2130 on August 2. Do you think the software needs upgrading, or are there any other tweaks to increase the speed?

I get around 4 kb speed while downloading, not the 115 kb that R_Connect announces when I log in. The speed is equal to that we get with dialup. In cable, I get twice or thrice the speed. I bought this LG 2130 on August 2. Do you think the software needs upgrading, or are there any other tweaks to increase the speed?

The 115 speed Reliance says is 115 kilobits/s

8 kilobits = 1 kilobyte

So the 4 kb you mentioned is 4x8=32 Kilobits...

They say a average of 60-80kbps (kilobits)

Just to add to what Ashok has already said the speed depends on the signal strength to an extent(No of bars) and signal quality. Additionally it also depends on the Radio Bandwidth available in a particular region at a given point of time (it is also shared by Voice calls).

in chennai i get download speeds of upto 10KBps :(

in chennai i get download speeds of upto 10KBps :P

Tats 10kb/s i guess :angry:

Guys I really don't know anything about Reliance starting a Broadmband connection.

But I surely know that they are going to start something much much better than the sum af all the telecomms available now in India.

Yup, many must have seen them laying Fiber all over the place and bringing in fibers upto ur door step.

These fibers are going to get everything in telecomm that u want at your doorstep. There are actually planning to give a E1 a house. That is around 2Mbps :P of dedicated speed. This speed can be used for anyrhing from simple voice to video to download to telephony.

But I believe the rates are going to be enormous. There seems to be some problem for them to bring this into existence. But I think once this comes. All our Spped problems will be solved. :grin:

Hope for the Best :grin:

hi and welcome new member, u can get more infromation about reliance broadband and net way in the respective sections:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2227

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1999

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1049

Hey Tanver.

ThanX a lot for introducing me to the Broadband. That was exactly what i was speaking. But i think they are planning for something really big. Or else why have they not advertised about this as they did for the other stuffs.

But one of my close friend works at Reliance and he said me that these fibers are really capable of giving u speeds upto 2Mbps (ie. E1 in their terminology)

NE way, thanx again.

Hey Tanver.

ThanX a lot for introducing me to the Broadband.  That was exactly what i was speaking. But i think they are planning for something really big. Or else why have they not advertised about this as they did for the other stuffs.

But one of my close friend works at Reliance and he said me that these fibers are really capable of giving u speeds upto 2Mbps (ie. E1 in their terminology)

NE way, thanx again.

19239[/snapback]

hi all

i have connected with samsung sch 191 with r -connect its connecting to net at 230kbps and in lg its only 115kbps , the download speed with samsung is 23kbps , hey i can video feeds frm ultraxxxpasswords in full screen ,i think this is the highest speed which i had ever encountred. better find samsung handsets to connect to net .

-prawin

Yeah it is true i am using samsung n 191 since past one month and it gives very good speed and i have downloaded about 6 gb of songs movies softwares etc till date and no problem in speed it is definitely a good handset for r connect

No 10KiloBytes/sec. at times i receive at 90 to 100 Kbps and that makes around 10KBPS :P

The download speed also depends on the server traffic. From my personal server i am able to download 32MB* of data in 1 hour but from other servers around 24MB* of data in 1 Hour.

*After 10:30 PM

Use samsung 191 for net. It will give u speeds upto 180 kbps.

On an average I get 130 kbps average download speed alongside 60 kbps upload speed in my P2P program. But in more traffic times it may be 10-15 kbps less.

I use samsung n 191 in 98 it says connected at 155Kbps but in 2000 it says 230.4Kbps now what is the meaning of this can anybody explain

I can say the speed of smasung n 191 is surely very good

I use Win XP, and the actual data flowing in goes upto 144Kbps (yup, 18KB) if I use software HTTrack (which leeches websites). FlashGet and DAP go upto 8-9 KBps max.

Any tweaks to make DAP/FlashGet/etc. DL at higher speeds?

I dont think if you are connected through 155kbps you can d/l more than 14kpbs. I am using flashget for download and able to download at 11kbps.

Well is it right, on Samsung the download speed is really higher or just a rumour. Those using Samsung 191, please post how much MB you are able to download in 1 hour after 10:30 PM.

And i will start the poll on this.

i got 30 KBps with download accelerator, but thatz the maximum.

4182[/snapback]

check http://speedtest.dslreports.com for exact speed of the internet connection . All please visit the link and please post your up / down speeds so that we can compare .

Make sure you are not using internet other than the test while running it . I mean no chat / downloading while you test

I'm pretty surprised because I get fantastic speeds in Calcutta.

Around 10 KBps is a SLOW connection on RIM for me.

Usually my download speed is around 12 kbps and tops to 14-15 at very odd hours!

But the download is not continous.i tried yesterday for a 64Kbps video stream.it didnt work properly -_-

That is possible, using stardownloader i had downloaded almost 4 mB in 6 minz

That was norton antivirus update

4004[/snapback]

Could u tell me where I can get this software stardownloader? :help:

I have LG 2030 mobile. I was using the usb cable for more than a year and I got to download at the speed of 1mb in 3 min. Now I accidentally switched to serial cable and can able to download at the speed of 1mb in 2 1/2 min.

Using the usb cable it was only 7 to 10 Kbps but after changing to serial cable now the speed is 10 to 14Kbps. Sometime the meter goes as high as 17 or 20Kbps.

I am using flashget to download any thing. I was told this is the best program to download anything from the web. :help:

Everybody is mentioned about different programs they r using for download well i m using dap. can anybody tell me whether dap is good or any other softwares r good.

i get 18kb transfer on download express, its good i think u guys should try it .