Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

i get 18kb transfer on download express, its good i think u guys should try it .

23669[/snapback]

Most of you seem to be download freaks. But I used the net mostly for sufing and doing some work online.

Dowload speeds are okay. But the actual surfing speeds **** big time. The transfer rate on reliance is not steady. It goes up and down every second.

Some please try speed test on www.numion.com There are two speed tests. One is "Your Speed" test and "max speed".

Reliance works great for max speed which is basically downloading from one site. But when you surfing the net, you are sending multiple download requests every minute and when you have mulitple browser windows open, than the number of requests going is mulitple. Here reliance fails to deliver. It is very very slow. Even slower than most dail up connections. I have tried the freedown plan for 1 month on my mobile and gave up after one month. Now I am trying the freedom plan on my FWP, but that too s**ks and it seems I will have to give up on R connect and only use it when I am travelling and only have my mobile and laptop to connect to the net.

Some of the heavy users of internet, please post the figures you get on www.numion.com for all of us to compare.

numion.com...nice find devesh :clap:

i got a thoroughput ["your speed"] speed of

7KBPS.... (with a p2p runnin in the background)

16KBPS ....(without anything else running)

hmmm...how was yours ?

I get speeds of around 7K usually overall, if i surf and download something or the other simultaneously. Otherwise, if I am downloading from a good site, the speed exceeds 11K, and that is pretty good (admit it, people).

As for Download managers, I have tried FlashGet, Download Accelerator (DAP), and am currently using Internet Download accelerator. DAP is an all-rounder, but IDA, and FG are really really good in their own ways.

P.S. Check out the download speed using IDA. It rocks.

Nokia 2280:

Getting about 8-10 Kbytes per second with generic dku-5 data cable

Samsung 191:

Hanging high on wall get between 138~142 kbits per second. I was able to download 9MB microsoft update in ~12 minutes.

last year when i was using samsung mobile phone , i used 2 get 15 kpbs when downloading, now i bought lg lsp-340e, now im getting only 8kpbs , y is that , isnt it the same service provided by rim, i also checked that it uses standard 19500bps driver, is it problem 4 slowing the net, i want know wht exact speed other users getting ;):):help::help::help:

last year when i was using samsung mobile phone , i used 2 get 15 kpbs when downloading, now i bought lg lsp-340e, now im getting only 8kpbs , y is that , isnt it the same service provided by rim, i also checked that it uses standard 19500bps driver, is it problem 4 slowing the net, i want know wht exact speed other users getting ;)   :)   :help:   :help:   :help:

26071[/snapback]

It's only because of Incresed call volume in your area. I am getting 1-2 kbps in day time but 8-15 kbps in night time.

Reliance s**ks

Regards

Sumit Tiwari

last year when i was using samsung mobile phone , i used 2 get 15 kpbs when downloading, now i bought lg lsp-340e, now im getting only 8kpbs , y is that , isnt it the same service provided by rim, i also checked that it uses standard 19500bps driver, is it problem 4 slowing the net, i want know wht exact speed other users getting :grin:   :grin:   :help:   :help:   :help:

26071[/snapback]

Dear catalan,

I am having 3 rim phones, Samsung SCH-191, LG RD-2030/2130, Last year I used to use samsung phone actively for r-connect, but I bought new 2130 in dec last year solely for r-connect, I am using there platinium plan, and use it around 16/22 hrz daily. The speed between my phones and pc is set to 230400Kbps, speed between reliance server and phones vary according to time and load on BST. The average speed I am getting from r-connect is arnd 1-56 Kbps in daytime and arnd 70-160 Kbps in night time.

Cheers ....................

I am using FWP LG-LSP340e and usually get download speeds of 8K. P2P software go beyond 10K most of the times. It always shows "Connected at 115.2 kbps" .

Does anybody have any tweaks for increasing the speed?

In my case i have good a download spped of 6 to 8 irrespective of its day or night. the surfing speeds is not constant and fluctutes constantly from 0 to 70. hardly i get it mroe then 70.

in lg 340e modem is taking standard 19200bps driver ,last time time when im using samsung mobile phone modem it takes standard 114000bps driver, my driver is only got 39000bps max speed, i think thats the problem

I am using Lg2130 for rconnect in Platinum Plan. The problem is regarding the speed. The speed of internet is quite ok on only single system but when i share internet to other computer through Internet Connection sharing the speed is very very slow.

I am using win98 as an OS. I always run ping -t yahoo.com. Request timed out rare when internet on single system. After enabling internet sharing request timed out comes very much.

ofcourse, it should get slower when you are sharing the same connection in another computer. Already, R-Connect speed is just fine for 1 computer, so sharing it in 2 computers will be slow. Also, pinging will reduce some speed too.

Instead of internet connection sharing on WIndows 98 try running some freeware proxy servers and see if the connection speed improves!!!

I am facing this problem over a month. The speed is fantastic after 10.30 till 8.30. but at evening its impossible to check either this forum. It seems that all the badwidths are taken by the Internet cafe of Web World.

What u think. If possible throw some light to get good net speed at evening.

thanks

Not just Internet cafe of Web World there are lots of internet cafe's all over India using R-Connect now!!!

Edited by deepu

I am using R Connect on the LG LSP340E FWP and I get around 10 kbps while surfing at all times :grin:

Though I have seen that while downloading something it peaks at 70 kbps and the upload peaks to 70 kbps during heavy data transfer.

But my download during browsing used to be around 30 kbps till a few months back and was comparable to dial-up. But now it's much more inferior to even a dial-up connection for browsing.

Is there a reason for such low speeds during simple browsing and peak speeds during file downloads? Like, is the bandwidth there but is adapted to the current usage, or something?

I have had some success speeding up my connection by buying a service called OnSpeed (search on google) but agree that Reliance provided speeds of well under what one would expect for their pricing and hype. I expect that once they face competition from other providers offering a similar service that they will be forced to buck up OR with the popularity of more stable and cheaper connections such as BSNL (fixed line I know) that people will simply jump ships.

So far I have found most aspects of their service to be disappointing.

Surfing speed really s**ks in Mumbai. It is normally between 6 kbps (yes kilobits) and 20 kilobits.

Sometimes during the night I get about 30 kilobits per second.

It really s**ks. It is much slower than I get from my cable connection (40-60 kbps) for which I pay Rs.850/- unlimited. and much much slower than my Sify cybercafe where I have over 100 kbps any time during day or night.

Only benefit with reliance is its mobility.

Hi everyone,

I have LG LSP 340E and Platinum plan for internet. I recently installed win 2003 server on my machine. I installed r connect using "Program Compatibility Wizard" it is running ok but browing speed is almost nil, also after some time RPC fails and the machine restarts. I've check for WM Blaster but it is not found anywhere in my machine. Can anyone help me regarding this?

Hi Mr. Vishal,

I installed downloaded and installed the patch but speed is still and issue. Do you think installing win 2003 server service pack 1 will fix up everything. That service pack file is 397 mb and it will take whole day to download plus it will **** all the bandwidth.

Regards,

Piyush

Service pack can some times cause more problems... I had Windows XP running fine till I installed SP2 for Windows XP. After that RConnect started giving problems for me and the system began to freeze up whenever i connect to RConnect. I tried lots of things and finally had to install the OS again.

Before installing SP1 for Windows 2003, My advice for you is to make sure that you download the most recent driver for the phone model from reliance website and if even that does not help, then go for SP1.