Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Dot Rings Mobile Number Portability

that's good .. now the operators will be a bit scared and will try to increase their level of service quality. (at least hope so.. ) clap.gif

now the biggies will rely what does the customer service means. by offering the service for 38 TRAI has gave the power to customers to keep the operators on the toe. operators will be bound to listen to the customers. everyone will be able to afford Number Portability.

i'll switch my Vodafone and Airtel no to Reliance

If number porting charges will be just Rs38 in Total, I hope the receiving network will never even hesitate to pay the amount to FIRST network (Rs19 only isnt it)... :rofl_200:

So MNP will be almost FREE imho... :clap:

TRAI just launched recently that Rs.19 will be the maximum charge for MNP. So everybody who is unhappy with service or tariff is dreaming for March 2010. Where everybody will be able to switch or ditch operator :) . Just look at the offers introduced by operators to attract customers to themselves. Check out the facilities\scheme offered by China Mobile's (Worlds largest telecom company) subsidary Zong in Pakistan for MNP customers:

Zong MNP

Check out and comment

Will be posting some more schemes soon :clap:

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

if this scheme is followed in India then it is good for customers

if this scheme is followed in India then it is good for customers

Maybe and maybe not.

I was going through the other plans as well. Their per second plan is charged at 4ps/sec. Also they have a 50paise scheme, but 50ps for 30secs.

MNP scheme was good though.

well prices are already too low in india. so even further reduction in call won't affect many users. but the because of Number portability operators will be forced to provide the customer centric services. also currently for telecom tech companies Indian market is the hottest market and they will love to roll out the new services in india. i am expecting prepaid 2.0 to be rolled out india. and many other services

well prices are already too low in india. so even further reduction in call won't affect many users. but the because of Number portability operators will be forced to provide the customer centric services. also currently for telecom tech companies Indian market is the hottest market and they will love to roll out the new services in india. i am expecting prepaid 2.0 to be rolled out india. and many other services

What is prepaid 2.0 ?

What is prepaid 2.0 ?

prepaid 2.0 is the new prepaid service which will give you much more options to spend like you can use your balance to make some purchase. you can give that balance to someone and set the rules how that amount can be used. like i gave the card to my brother and i can retsrict him to use the card for certain type of games catagory but he is allowed to use it for some other games. so you can say it's a one stop prepaid account

:previous:

The balance transfer option is already available in TATA Indicom.

You can transfer your account balance to any other TATA indicom account. You'll be charged following as service charge.

Amount range Service charge

Rs. 10 to Rs. 150 Rs. 2

Rs. 151 to Rs. 500 Rs. 5

Rs. 501 to Rs. 1000 Rs. 10

:previous:

The balance transfer option is already available in TATA Indicom.

You can transfer your account balance to any other TATA indicom account. You'll be charged following as service charge.

Amount range Service charge

Rs. 10 to Rs. 150 Rs. 2

Rs. 151 to Rs. 500 Rs. 5

Rs. 501 to Rs. 1000 Rs. 10

well this transfer is different. because here you are transferring the funds for call only and you don't have control that how a user is suppose to use it. where as prepaid2.0 gives you much more control. and you can use the balance not only to call but also for purchasing the goods

great new keep on updating the progress

MTNL says can't meet MNP deadline

Awards its 3G management franchise to Virgin.

Even as it selected a franchisee to run its 3G telecom services in Delhi and Mumbai circles, state-run MTNL said it was unlikely to be able to implement mobile number portability by the government deadline of December 31, which is supposed to bind all players.

We will not be able to implement MNP before December 31 due to technical problems. We are looking at implementing it by March 31, 2010, said Chairman and Managing Director R S P Sinha.

The government had said MNP must be introduced on December 31 in the metro cities and by March in the rest of the country. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had also fixed set the maximum porting charge, of Rs 19, which mobile subscribers would have to pay for changing their service providers while retaining their mobile numbers. MNP is expected to help in increasing competition between providers.

Meanwhile, UK-based Virgin Mobile has been selected by MTNL for managing its 3G services in the Delhi and Mumbai circles. MTNL had shortlisted Virgin Mobile and BK Modi-promoted Spice Group for managing the 3G network after it issued a global tender for this.

Under the deal, Virgin would implement and manage MTNLs 3G network on a franchisee model, with assured revenue of $51.7 million (Rs 240 crore) in each of the cities over a three-year time frame. Failing which, a 10 per cent penalty on the shortfall will be charged. MTNL has also sought a guaranteed minimum average revenue per user of Rs 500 a month from the first day.

When asked if Virgin has been selected, Sinha said, We are in the process of finalising it…a decision would be take soon. However, sources said the decision is through. Virgin Mobile already has a partnership with Tata Teleservices to market CDMA-based mobile services in the country.

MTNL has so far been able to garner 160,000 3G subscribers and is targeting a base of about 500,000-600,000 by March 2010, Sinha said.

MTNL and BSNL, the two state-owned units, have been given 3G spectrum ahead of private players but neither has been able to majorly cash-in on it. With the 3G service, consumers would be able to download videos and data and access internet at a very high speed. The 3G auction is slated to happen in January next year, after which private players would join the two PSUs in offering 3G services.

MTNL has reserved the right to alter or bring in additional franchisees if the private player is not able to accomplish its targets after the three-year period. MTNL would provide the infrastructure, including land and air-conditioning on a chargeable basis for co-locating the equipment of 3G franchisee.

While the private player can use MTNLs spectrum, it will have to set up its own network.

source :: http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/mtnl-says-can%5Ct-meet-mnp-deadline/378334/

There's one good news and one bad news.

Looking at Good News,

Virgin will be the 3G franchisee for MTNL similar to Virgin being 2G franchisee for TATA.

Great on the part of MTNL to have achieved this inspite of its inherent bureaucracy

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Coming to Ontopic, it's a bad news.

MTNL is not ready for MNP by Dec 31st.

Its atrocious on part of MTNL to say that. Dec 31st being revised date, its imperative on part of all operators to make their system ready by Dec 31st come what may.

Its more so impartant for MTNL being an PSU to obey orders of DoT.

DoT should not tolerate this behaviour from MTNL and it's time for DoT to put its feet down strongly.

I don't think it has something to do with technical but more to do with fear of competition.

An arm of Govt. trying to stifle competition by buying time is totally unacceptable.

Edited by kesav

I think MNP will be delayed same as 3G :Equivocado::NOTriste:

Abhi aur kitna delay karvaoge bhai..

I think this time it will not delayed :Confuso:

^^ this is India my friends... nothing is certain with the government...

Tata DoCoMo and Uninor, are compliant with MNP requirements.

The two companies Telcordia and Syniverse, who have been given the licence by DOT to implement MNP through interconnecting are waiting. And so are we.....

They may delay it again due to hopeless MTNL and BSNL.

Seriously, BSNL can be ranked as the WORLD'S WORST MOBILE OPERATOR. They are too lazy.

They have 3G spectrum in hand and they won't launch 3g services. And now MNP.

THEY **** :cursing:

Yeah.... BSNL is a Government Owned company. Regular practice of government offices followed by BSNL to help private operators.

• Like 1

Yeah.... BSNL is a Government Owned company. Regular practice of government offices followed by BSNL to help private operators.

Yes your are right, I am completely agree with you! +1 from me :)

MNP has missed enough deadlines!!!!

Interesting to see when MNP will actually see the light of the day

:)

You may have to wait till April 2010 for mobile number portability

19 Dec 2009, 0004 hrs IST

Economic Times

The mobile users in India may now have to wait till April 2010 to be able to enjoy mobile number portability (MNP) services, a facility that allows users to change their operator while retaining the number.

MNP was earlier scheduled to be implemented from January 1, 2010, in metros and large circles, while the rest of the country was slated to have access to this from April. At a review meeting on Friday to evaluate MNP preparedness between operators, DoT and Trai officials agreed to extend the deadline for metros to April 2010.

Both private operators and state-run telecom firms - BSNL and MTNL - during the meet said that while equipment for MNP was already in place, they can be tested and commission only by March next year.

In another move that could derail the implementation of MNP in the country, the home ministry has also pointed out that minority shareholders of US-based Telcordia Technologies were only a front, and had no experience in running telecom operations.

The home ministry also raised questions on Telcordia’s operations in Pakistan.

its really shame on TRAI & Dot, how more they are going to delay MNP..... bad news for all of us.......

Abhi aur kitna delay karvaoge bhai..:Confuso:

Yemi septaaru meeru?

delay lethu lethu!!