Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ashokjp

PC Sync Software

LG Sync Software had worked for me with USB cable. Are you getting any kind of error ?

With LG Sync only the phonebook gets synchronised :help:

when u install for the first time. to do and rest the stuff gives the option to sync. once u connect and try, those options gets freezed.

yes thats what i noticed too. thats why i mistakenly thought that it does infact sync scheduler and stuff

in the lg desktop program theres options for home1/home2, mobile1/mbile2 email1/email2 etc

when you sync the phone do these extra numbers get stored in the phone, and if they are, can we access them?

in the lg desktop program theres options for home1/home2, mobile1/mbile2 email1/email2 etc

when you sync the phone do these extra numbers get stored in the phone, and if they are, can we access them?

No i dont think it gets stored in phone...

I think chirag has already mentioned it..

See his post here

In LG sync.. some function doesnt work bcz the software is developed for both LG 2030 b/w and the 7130 colour phone...

So those functions which dont work in 2030 are meant for use in colour handset..

If you search in bazee you can find the same software being sold for colour handset cables

Hi

can somebody tell me how to send one sms to many peoples from pc? Is there any software to send one sms to many people at one time? i am using rd2030

hi

i am sorry to repeat this topic again in new thread.

i have been using Reliance LG RD 2030 mobile for the past one year in post-paid scheme. earlier i didnot bother about the PC synchronization as my data is low. Now it's growing leaps and bounds.

can somebody suggest me the ways to make 2030 handset a pc-compatible please?i checked with LG service centre and surprised to learn that 2030 is already pc-compatible and to be maintained by end customer, he needs to register with reliance. i could not get more information on that from reliance.

please help!

i checked with LG service centre and surprised to learn that 2030 is already pc-compatible and to be maintained by end customer, he needs to register with reliance. i could not get more information on that from reliance.

is already PC-compatible.... ??

whats that supposed to mean?

Shaw999,

What exactly do you want to do?

Do you want to back-up/maintain your phonebook thru' pc? It is pretty much possible and quite easy to do using a data cable and LG PC Sync software.

Hope I've answered your query...

Edited by amtrag

amtrag, thanks for your reply.

basically i want to manage my data from my pc than my mobile, like adding/editing/deleting addresses and my schedules. is data cable enough for this purpose? i see many ads in bazee about this at much cheaper rates too. do you believe them?

will i be able to exchange or synchronize data from MS-Outlook also? or with LG software only?

please advise.

I don't know why but LGSync, BitPim and RConnect installed on my PC creates serious conflict. I hate to use LGSync as it DOES NOTHING BUT COPYING THE FILES TO THE PC. LGSync never uploads anything to Handset!

Apart from that, I use Bitpim and RConnect alternately!

turbasu which h/s model are U using?

I regularly use to upload to my phone book on LG 7130 and now did the same for 5130 too.

I'm using LG RD2030 :help: Actually I have tried various other softwares for other mobiles too but they didn't work :lol: For example I tried to access Samsung X100 with the software provided by Samsung but the phone refused to communicate :lol: These things made me feel that those softwares are dumb ;) Apart from that even Bitpim's interface doesn't communicate to the phone either :blink: Does it :quest:

Edited by turbasu

Dear Sir,

This is my 3rd for the problem Im facing but yet no reply. So kindly assist me, Im having LG RD 7130 Colour Handset & brought the USB data cable for the same. I hv even installed the pcsync software from both Reliance & LG site. But after installation it shows n error "Unable to connect" I hv read in one of the post here that it sld show com 4 ? but when i install the software it shows only one com port i.e 1.

Please tell me what sld i do now to make that software work for me ? ... waitin for a response asap..

Regards,

Umesh

Hi umesh,

Check how many com ports you have at the back of your computer.

In some motherboards like asus, there is only one com port. in that case the new com port will show up as com port 2.

Also you mentioned that you installed the pc-sync software. So please check all the connectons.

The pc-sync s/w should be able to detect the phone. Change the com ports and try to connect.

Provide a screen shot of your desktop if this doesnt help.

Edited by iiii_pretender_iiii

just uninstall everything.... reboot.... & install again..

1. start running the software.. do not connect ur cable now.

2. after installing the software..u will have to reboot..

3. after reboot...the installation automatically continues...when it asks u to connect the cable...then only do it....

r u using win XP or win 98. if u using the original cable & win xp. the installation is all automatic. i'm not sure how it works under win 98.

Unable to connect to the phone.

Synchronization is canceled.

Synchronization failed.

Time : 00:47 sec

-----------------------------------------------

Hello Pretender, thanks for helping me but I again checked the connections etc. Its still showing just com 1 in communication setting. The deta cable is working fine when i connect to the internet via r-connect. I dont know where is the problem with pcsync software I have pasted the error above.

The data cable is properly attached to phone & PC usb port.

Please guide me if there is any technical problem,

Regards,

Umesh

Hello Hyper, thnx

But Im using windows 98 & i tried reinstalling / installing many times. It doesnt ask for rebooting the pc. Yes the r-connect software asked to reboot no the pcsyc software. Kindly assist

Regards

Umesh

Hi Guys,

Does the 2030 data cable work for 5130 too ? How about the LG Desktop software ? I haven't seen any version for the same on RIM or LG websites yet.

Regards

UD

(I'm writing my initials to avoid confusion as I found there's one more Umesh on the forum)

2030 cable is different. U can use 7130/7230 data cable for it. These cables can be had either from webworls(costly) or third party.

For PC sync U can use the LG SyncLite available for 2230 and rename the LGRD2130Connector.dll to LGRD5130Connector.dll. Phone book will work - but others may not work.

Disclaimer: Try this info at your own risk.

Dear Umesh,

If you are using USB Cable then why are you trying PCSync with COM port :quest: Anyway, to install a new COM port to your PC, try changing the settings in BIOS. The BIOS may be configured to Enable only one Serial Port (i.e. COM1). You may enable Serial Port2 to connect the Cable to COM2.

For further help you can seek help of a PC Hardware Engineer (like me). If you are in Kolkata, I can do it for you :unsure: and the best thing is I'll do it for FREE :grin:

Apart from that please read my previous post on top of this page which tells you about the serious conflict that may be behind your problem.

Edited by turbasu

There is some problem in win 98 I also tried but could never get connected to sync software on 98 so I tried it on win 2000 and it worked fine and my cable is also not the original reliance cable (USB) but every other thing works fine on 98 and win 2k like bitpim and r connect I have rd 2030